A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

PorterRedkey

tumblr_ly19a98C3Q1qduy16o1_500.gif

Sunset Blvd. is perfect in its 1930's/40's theming and sense of place. Some aspects can absolutely be changed to strengthen it but ToT is absolutely not one of those things and neither are the buildings leading up to it. Marvel could easily take over what's currently Animation Courtyard and maybe even connecting to and taking over the RnRC area. Though I wouldn't expect you to understand any of this with your "ooh, flashy flashy Marvel IP!!!" tunnel vision.

Truly a shame.

ToT is an exercise in perfection! It the best version of a great attraction. I hope WDW/TDO comes to their senses. Not only is ToT the landmark of DHS that beckons guests to move down the palm tree laden Sunset Blvd, it is the anchor of the Blvd.

I want to ask Chappie And George K. one question. How does GotG fit in with 30/40 theme of Sunset Blvd?

Castle Cake Apologist

No, you're thinking of the Inside Out thrill ride planned to overhaul Imagination ;)

I see what you did there and I approve.

ToT is an exercise in perfection! It the best version of a great attraction. I hope WDW/TDO comes to their senses. Not only is ToT the landmark of DHS that beckons guests to move down the palm tree laden Sunset Blvd, it is the anchor of the Blvd.

I want to ask Chappie And George K. one question. How does GotG fit in with 30/40 theme of Sunset Blvd?

You don't have to ask them. Just ask any of our resident trolls!

Just how I feel too.

This is somewhat off topic, but I just finished watching all three parts of your history of the Backlot Tour and it made me weirdly emotional. MGM had such potential and it's so sad to see how it has just gotten worse and worse.

I have so many fond memories from the early years of the park.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

tumblr_ly19a98C3Q1qduy16o1_500.gif

Sunset Blvd. is perfect in its 1930's/40's theming and sense of place. Some aspects can absolutely be changed to strengthen it but ToT is absolutely not one of those things and neither are the buildings leading up to it. Marvel could easily take over what's currently Animation Courtyard and maybe even connecting to and taking over the RnRC area. Though I wouldn't expect you to understand any of this with your "ooh, flashy flashy Marvel IP!!!" tunnel vision.

Truly a shame.
There is a lot at WDW that need to be addressed. I wish that they would stop trying to "improve" already popular rides. If the ride is not broke, don't try to fix it. Especially if "fixing it" means ripping out the theme and putting in an IP that makes no sense.

I would love to see ToT updated with improved effects, but not with a new theme.

BrianLo

Do you consider the ToT at TDS a failure? I think it is by far the best tower out there. Doesn't look shoehorned at all.

Didn't @FigmentForver96 just teach you two pages ago what it actually was? Now you are throwing it back at @marni1971 and everyone else? Ignorance to the authority in half a day. :hilarious:

Florida's is the best version of the ride, Tokyo's a close second. Both are fantastic because they were actually designed for the space they occupy and not shoehorned after the fact.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Back in the United State of Brexit England.

I'm told as of very very very very very recent Guardians is green lit for the Energy building.

With cuts? Or closer to the Captain America hybrid? Or something altogether different?

I choose to believe your version of the truth because I like it a whole lot better, sorry Spirit. Ignorance is bliss after all, as clearly demonstrated.

CDavid

I'm told as of very very very very very recent Guardians is green lit for the Energy building.

So, two of our most trusted posters, and very reliable sources, with contradictory information. Plans change and sources can just be wrong, of course, but what are the chances one or both of the stories was leaked deliberately? Could Disney be playing games here to root out the origins of a leak? Didn't @WDW1974 previously touch on the fact a lot of rumors have been emerging lately (or am I losing what's left of my mind...)?

All of which means we still don't know much of anything for certain, and what little we do know could still change again.

PiratesoftheHM

Do you think TOT will remain partly because the DCA uproar made them realize quite how popular Tower of Terror is? And trust me, I'm not naive enough to mean they remotely care about the fans. But do you think they see DHS Tower as an asset and large selling point of that park now that the DCA version is desecrated? Even if they strip the Twilight Zone away, I think they realize somewhat that people love the Hollywood Tower Hotel and good merchandise can sell.

Also since Marvel properties are limited for use in Orlando, one would think they would rather do the UoE gut overhaul and have a high quality Marvel ride instead of a crappy and controversial overlay.

Maybe I think they have more humility than they actually do.

Magenta Panther

Oh thank God. What an emotional roller coaster this is turning into. I'm devastated to lose Energy, but I'd be far more devastated to lose Tower.

Yeah, me too. Sometimes I think I shouldn't come here - so much of the news lately has been bad, and it gets to me. But then, I remember that a lot of people here really appreciate the parks - which doesn't mean they want things to stay the same, they just want things that are good to remain, and for new good things to be built - and really understand the Disney difference. That's what keeps me coming back.

AEfx

But that's not what the discussion is about. This is specifically about GotG going into ToT, where it does not fit. Especially visually. The new facade does not in any way fit into Sunset Boulevard.

It may not be what YOU want to discuss but it's what he said.

But I know your type, you can't actually have a discussion. This is a tent revival, only the crazed and upset are welcome. If you aren't outraged, and if you do not hold the same exact opinion, then "you are the problem".

Castle Cake Apologist

It may not be what YOU want to discuss but it's what he said.

But I know your type, you can't actually have a discussion. This is a tent revival, only the crazed and upset are welcome. If you aren't outraged, and if you do not hold the same exact opinion, then "you are the problem".

I asked him a simple question. He thinks Guardians is a good fit for Tower, and he's said so multiple times. I asked him how it fits, which one will note he never responded to. Whether it fits in Studios as a whole was never the question and never part of the discussion. There is no rumor about Disney creating a purpose built attraction somewhere else in the park. He was posting to be inflammatory, as he always does. Ya know, like a troll.

If I wanted to visit a park that just threw up attractions wherever they can find, I would go to Cedar Point and save a lot of money.

So, since you've brought yourself into this for some reason, do you also take the stance that Tower of Terror is the best place for a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction? Or that Tower as a whole is a dated attraction that needs fixing for some reason, despite it being one of the most popular attractions on the entire property? Because forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm 100% sure that that's what everybody else is discussing.

So glad you "know my type," though. Keep deflecting.

Last edited:

SorcererMC

So, two of our most trusted posters, and very reliable sources, with contradictory information. Plans change and sources can just be wrong, of course, but what are the chances one or both of the stories was leaked deliberately? Could Disney be playing games here to root out the origins of a leak? Didn't @WDW1974 previously touch on the fact a lot of rumors have been emerging lately (or am I losing what's left of my mind...)?

All of which means we still don't know much of anything for certain, and what little we do know could still change again.

I don't think you are losing your mind; I think that TWDC plans are changing behind-the-scenes due to internal politics (flip-flopping) and $. I considered it being leaked deliberately, but I doubt it b/c I think both marni and Spirit have been clear that it's not 100% and they are trying to get more info. From p1 first post

Is this subject to change? I have no idea. You can never trust Disney. They always lie. Please recall their responses when people called, emailed and wrote Disney about any plans for a Guardians Tower to start with.

ETA: as of ~4:30 yesterday @marni1971 said he was receiving conflicting info (p16) until today ~6pm (post on p25) that plans are greenlit for UoE.

Last edited:

SorcererMC

Quoting myself to add a couple more clarifying statements on the nature of this rumor:
Every time I post something that upsets me that hasn't happened yet, I so want to be wrong. But I very rarely am. And Disney can say whatever it will, but (yes, as of this moment in time) it is very, very, very likely to happen. I wouldn't have posted this otherwise.

True, but I have been sitting on this for a bit and awaiting confirmation ... and the chances of it happening are much, much closer to Anaheim's when I first broke the news and you do see what is happening there.

ETA: from p6 ~1:30pm yesterday (before marni's update today)

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Do you think TOT will remain partly because the DCA uproar made them realize quite how popular Tower of Terror is? And trust me, I'm not naive enough to mean they remotely care about the fans. But do you think they see DHS Tower as an asset and large selling point of that park now that the DCA version is desecrated? Even if they strip the Twilight Zone away, I think they realize somewhat that people love the Hollywood Tower Hotel and good merchandise can sell.

Also since Marvel properties are limited for use in Orlando, one would think they would rather do the UoE gut overhaul and have a high quality Marvel ride instead of a crappy and controversial overlay.

Maybe I think they have more humility than they actually do.
If they couldn't realize how popular the ToT was before this, I doubt anything would have opened their eyes to that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom