A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

SorcererMC

Amazing how human delusions don't change with the millennia. "I shall be more glorious because I have destroyed what you built!"

And people think Iger likes the theme parks...

If it were limited to Eisner (after his disgraceful exit) and the theme parks, I might understand it. But it's other things, too, like removing 'Walt' from the Disney pictures logo, the biased American Experience bio, and replacing One Man's Dream with the latest movie tie-in/trailer. Altogether it's why I think it could be a big problem for the future of the brand.

ETA: despite what the latest magazine cover or brand ranking might say.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I wonder how they are going to make this work. The ToT in Orlando is pink because you can see it from Epcot. The pink is to blend in with the Morocco pavilion. The concept art shows the building to be a goldish color. Maybe they keep the pink?
:joyfull:
The stupid people who visit theme parks are too stupid to notice such things. They just want a brand experience to give meaning to their empty lives.

Bairstow

I wonder how they are going to make this work. The ToT in Orlando is pink because you can see it from Epcot. The pink is to blend in with the Morocco pavilion. The concept art shows the building to be a goldish color. Maybe they keep the pink?

I would assume they would, if this thing actually gets converted in Florida, which I doubt.

After all, it's cheaper to not change the back side.

DinoInstitute

I just truly don't understand the rationale. Why ToT was chosen for this I still can't wrap my head around. Not only from a fan's perspective, but even from the cheap bean counting executives' perspective...there are so many more attractions that could get a GotG overlay for far cheaper than retheming that massive tower (off the top of my head Star Tours, RnRC, and Stitch), and they may even be welcomed by fans. I hate to sound like one of Disney is evil truthers, but it's like they want to take away such an amazing attraction for some reason o_O

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

The main course of action we can take as fans is get this information out to the general public as much as possible. This needs to be blasted across social media, and brought to everyone's attention. If you want to truly help this situation then you need to make sure as many people know about it now while we still have time to voice concern (more like disgust).

Here's the thing...we need to take action if we want to save Tower of Terror, and we need to make it work so they can justify it.

First, griping on social media does no good. We need to sign official letters and petitions.

Everyone needs to buy ToT merchandise. It can be found on Disney's online store. We need to go around the parks wearing it, not our Marvel t-shirts. If ToT stuff can sell outside of the current demand in California, it will prove to be a huge cash cow for them.

Boycott GoTG. Don't see the movie in May. Don't buy the merchandise. Don't ride the new ride in California. Let's hope it gets bad reviews so this one gets reconsidered.

Here's another thing to consider: Guardians in Energy was an all but foregone conclusion in August. Things can change between now and 2018 when they feel they can make a change. It may be something we do, it may be something they do, but we need to rally EVERYONE together to take action...and not just the .05% of Disney tourists who exist on this forum.

If we can get enough of the population fired up and taking action beyond a bunch of whiny social media complaints, perhaps we can get into the heads of the Bobs and show them that tradition, landmarks, and classics are more important than trying to put a superhero franchise into a classic.

Let's all hope for the best here. ToT was almost gone this summer too, but it survived.

Meanwhile, clog up the ride next year. Go and ride it with everyone you know. Buy everything you can at the gift shop. Book your fast passes for it, get into the standby line, do whatever you need to do. Let's give it a 90 minute wait, sell out the gift shop, wear our HTH stuff with pride, and write some passionate letters, maybe even make some viral YouTube videos.

We can do this if we work together. Let's stop complaining and take action...so we can make sure the GoTG idea becomes nothing more than a lost thought, existing only in The Twilight Zone.

Californian Elitist

Here's the thing...we need to take action if we want to save Tower of Terror, and we need to make it work so they can justify it.

First, griping on social media does no good. We need to sign official letters and petitions.

Everyone needs to buy ToT merchandise. It can be found on Disney's online store. We need to go around the parks wearing it, not our Marvel t-shirts. If ToT stuff can sell outside of the current demand in California, it will prove to be a huge cash cow for them.

Boycott GoTG. Don't see the movie in May. Don't buy the merchandise. Don't ride the new ride in California. Let's hope it gets bad reviews so this one gets reconsidered.

Here's another thing to consider: Guardians in Energy was an all but foregone conclusion in August. Things can change between now and 2018 when they feel they can make a change. It may be something we do, it may be something they do, but we need to rally EVERYONE together to take action...and not just the .05% of Disney tourists who exist on this forum.

If we can get enough of the population fired up and taking action beyond a bunch of whiny social media complaints, perhaps we can get into the heads of the Bobs and show them that tradition, landmarks, and classics are more important than trying to put a superhero franchise into a classic.

Let's all hope for the best here. ToT was almost gone this summer too, but it survived.

Meanwhile, clog up the ride next year. Go and ride it with everyone you know. Buy everything you can at the gift shop. Book your fast passes for it, get into the standby line, do whatever you need to do. Let's give it a 90 minute wait, sell out the gift shop, wear our HTH stuff with pride, and write some passionate letters, maybe even make some viral YouTube videos.

We can do this if we work together. Let's stop complaining and take action...so we can make sure the GoTG idea becomes nothing more than a lost thought, existing only in The Twilight Zone.

Hate to be negative, but if Disney really wants to get this done in Florida, no amount of petition signatures or anything else will save it. If we can't do it in California (people have tried everything, from complaining on social media, to having thousands of people sign petitions, to standing outside the entrance to the parks with "Save the Tower!" signs...nothing's worked), it most likely won't in Florida.

Buying merchandise certainly won't help. The only good thing that's come from its closure in CA is the multiple performances of the Silverlake Sisters.

Nickels5

What awful news. I honestly cannot believe anyone would think this is a good idea. I love GOG it was my favorite movie by far in the MCU and I want it nowhere near TOT. I do believe Guardians deserves an attractions somewhere in the parks, I was onboard with energy as to me that is one of the worst rides on property, but this I cannot even fathom.

lazyboy97o

What awful news. I honestly cannot believe anyone would think this is a good idea. I love GOG it was my favorite movie by far in the MCU and I want it nowhere near TOT. I do believe Guardians deserves an attractions somewhere in the parks, I was onboard with energy as to me that is one of the worst rides on property, but this I cannot even fathom.
If you don't like it, why are you even here? Disney is the best.

jakeman

Buying the merch isn't going to do anything except tell them they made the right decision because they are making more money out of it...

Choices

Hate to be negative, but if Disney really wants to get this done in Florida, no amount of petition signatures or anything else will save it. If we can't do it in California (people have tried everything, from complaining on social media, to having thousands of people sign petitions, to standing outside the entrance to the parks with "Save the Tower!" signs...nothing's worked), it most likely won't in Florida.

Buying merchandise certainly won't help. The only good thing that's come from its closure in CA is the multiple performances of the Silverlake Sisters.
No...the only thing that will work is if you stop going.

Cancel your trip and inform the Walt Disney Company that you will be taking your business elsewhere because of this decision.

Affecting changes requires sacrifice to make a point. I'm sure some are willing and other will justify their continued patronage as they are "spending less".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom