A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I was considering the fact that Iger may be entirely making over DHS and 'erase' Eisner's footprint (like the ancient Roman emperors used to do - damnatio memoriae).

Yes I've been making the same argument a bit differently for a while 'Pharaoh hammering out his predecessor's cartouches' But Damnatio Memoriae is a more succinct way of putting it.

Bairstow

Well, Disney's Legal department just finished paying off Coca-Cola to the tune of tens of millions of dollars because Coke products won't be sold in Star Wars Land, since Coke isn't available in that Galaxy, Far, Far Away. (I always assumed it was RC Cola with maybe some Faygo and Snapple thrown in ... you know, whiny brat Kylo loves his Snapple!) I get and appreciate that Disney wants to copy UNI and the WWoHP. But that worked because all of those drinks and treats and even candies were things that JK Rowling had created. They existed.
Well, they didn't exist, which is kind of why people wanted to see what they tasted like.
Speaking of which, what 40-something kid doesn't still wonder what blue milk tastes like?

main-qimg-ff6a0033e7c6a0b44f7499d557942fe2-c

First Order burgers with black buns are just plain lame (and they sound and look disgusting, so I will not go near that stuff).

Well if it's anything like the black buns that Burger King sells, the, er, after effects will be out-of-this-world.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That Epcot ride sounded good. If only there were space to take the same ride and add it to DHS without removing anything :rolleyes:

Aren't the doors there to let the rushing air from the high speed elevator out of the building? I don't get it...

Uni building that Avengers ride is the best news in this whole thread. I'm guessing it's their next big ride to open with Infinity War and ride the hype train. Things sound really good for DL too barring the Tower destruction and SWE placement. Regarding WDW, I would probably be more mad if I wasn't currently riding the Nintendo hype wave to next March. I do hope the plans change again though. ToT might really be the final straw.

Just in time for my trip in July!!! :D

Damn. Talk about commitment. The food has me worried too. For HP not everything had to be "magical" to fit. Simple British food worked as well to transport you. Star Wars lacks that equivalent.

I think the only 'Star Wars' canon food item is possibly the blue beverage Aunt Beru served. Food has never been a big part of the Star Wars universe.

Tom Morrow

I honestly can't even comprehend this, I mean I absolutely hate the decision to axe the DCA Tower as well, but, at the very last, that version did not achieve untouchable classic status. Or using UoE - the attraction's been dead for years anyway, I can almost justify it in that it's lazy to plop it down in Epcot but makes sense from a business standpoint to breathe life back into that corner of Future World. WDW ToT, however, is right up there along with Haunted Mansion, Pirates, the best of them. There's absolutely no way this wouldn't result in unprecedented backlash.

Virtual Toad

Why can't they just give Rock 'n' Roller Coaster a Guardians overlay and be done with it? Cheapest and quickest option, would keep Marvel out of Epcot and save ToT as the true classic it's become. Plus when the whole Guardians thing flops in a few years it'll be cheap and easy to remove.

The danger of playing the IP game is you need to be able to turn on a dime to take advantage of the hot property of the moment. Universal's learned how to do this-- and it's paying off. Disney, on the other hand, excels at taking forever to do anything. The big risk for DisCo is the IPs they're investing in being way past their prime by the time ANYthing of substance actually opens to the public. That's not good from a business or a creative perspective.

Bairstow

Why can't they just give Rock 'n' Roller Coaster a Guardians overlay and be done with it? Cheapest and quickest option, would keep Marvel out of Epcot and save ToT as the true classic it's become. Plus when the whole Guardians thing flops in a few years it'll be cheap and easy to remove.

The danger of playing the IP game is you need to be able to turn on a dime to take advantage of the hot property of the moment. Universal's learned how to do this-- and it's paying off. Disney, on the other hand, excels at taking forever to do anything. The big risk for DisCo is the IPs they're investing in being way past their prime by the time ANYthing of substance actually opens to the public. That's not good from a business or a creative perspective.

Star Tours opened only 3 years after Return of the Jedi.
...but Splash Mountain opened 43 years after Song of the South.

Just throwing that out there.

Princess Leia

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For the love of all things good, Disney, why????

I loved Hollywood Studios growing up. Loved it. And now everything I love from that park is going to be gone (Minus Muppet 3D, do not take that away from me, TDO).:mad:

In regards to the crazy amount of theming for SWE- I'm not mad? I'm more impressed with the levels of immersion Disney is committing to here, but as I mentioned in the Star Wars thread, they'll have to do this carefully when it comes to the food.

Californian Elitist

So Disney looks at the outrage pouring in from out here in California regarding Mission Breakout, and decides to do the exact same thing to the original attraction in Florida? Wow.

The idiots at Disney are really that clueless and disconnected from their products, I see.

I really am afraid for the future of the homeland parks. SWL in Disneyland, Frozen in EPCOT, and the Tower conversions have opened doors to things I'd rather not see and frankly am not interested in. Oh, boy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom