News A Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival 2020

Cmdr_Crimson

Seems like they are just leaving the booths from F&G since they haven't moved since then and minimizing it...What's next $5 generic pre-shrunk white t-shirts with a bad design of Figment for the festival merchandise..🤣

RFM57

They could always lip sync behind the masks which would be very easy to do ;)
Hmmm, then would they even need an agreement with Equity? You could put anyone who fits (more or less) into the costume to just stand there behind a face mask. I hope Chapeck isn't reading this...

TrainsOfDisney

I would not count in it, considering that singing is highly effective at spreading the virus, and not done well with masks. I expect strictly instumental performers to be the norm.

That’s why I said if / when an agreement with equity was made. When they perform at the gardens theatre they can stand further apart so it’s possible.

As for the topiaries... none of the Disney topiaries are “real” - some are just more fake than others ha.

JohnD

PHOTOS - Aerial pictures show kiosks in position for the modified EPCOT Food and Wine Festival

Serious question. With the mandate to wear masks (not complaining), I thought for sure there wouldn't be kiosks scattered around Epcot. But with the kiosks, people will be removing their masks frequently and I think it would be difficult to sustain social distancing. Is this really going to work?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Serious question. With the mandate to wear masks (not complaining), I thought for sure there wouldn't be kiosks scattered around Epcot. But with the kiosks, people will be removing their masks frequently and I think it would be difficult to sustain social distancing. Is this really going to work?
I've said before, it doesn't sound a good idea to me. Essentially the whole of Word Showcase will be without masks. So either the capacity is so low that it doesn't matter, or there could be a real problem.

NeedMoreMickey

I was in Epcot July 2017 and the kiosks were there with a sign advertising the up coming F&W. I feel like a lot of them were put up for F&G many years ago and have never been taken down.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was in Epcot July 2017 and the kiosks were there with a sign advertising the up coming F&W. I feel like a lot of them were put up for F&G many years ago and have never been taken down.
yes a couple of them remain there all year now, and even those that don't are not put away for very long.

With the low volume that seems to be occurring at Universal, I expect the same(maybe not quite as low) at the Disney Parks with the exception of right after reopening where I expect the crowds to be higher to the restricted volume. The Food & Wine Festival is certainly something that attracts guests, but true if most all guest are eating and in the past during the Food & Wine festival most were eating and walking around World Showcase. That means walking around World Showcase with NO MASKS. I don't get that. Unless they have certain areas to eat designated throughout the WS.

peter11435

With the low volume that seems to be occurring at Universal, I expect the same(maybe not quite as low) at the Disney Parks with the exception of right after reopening where I expect the crowds to be higher to the restricted volume. The Food & Wine Festival is certainly something that attracts guests, but true if most all guest are eating and in the past during the Food & Wine festival most were eating and walking around World Showcase. That means walking around World Showcase with NO MASKS. I don't get that. Unless they have certain areas to eat designated throughout the WS.
Safer to be walking around outside in world showcase without a mask than it would be sitting inside a restaurant eating without a mask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom