A sweet one to share...special needs parenting and WDW planning

mdcpr

I've been non-stop planning our November trip since March. As a mother of special needs child with Autism I need Plan A, B and C in case of meltdowns or sensory overload. Since March, my 12 year old son has not expressed ANY interest in WDW due to his condition--that's who he is.

This weekend he asked me with the BIGGEST smile on his face, 'Mommy, is Disney going to be an adventure?' With tears in my eyes then, and while I'm typing this now I said 'Baby, it will be a wonderful magical adventure.'

And that simple question confirmed that he's all in, that he's excited, that in his own way he's as excited as he ever going to get, and he is hopeful it will be a magical adventure.

I had to share.

Janir

Ok, it suddenly got a bit dusty here.

Here's a message to your Son...
Kid, you are in for an adventure of your lifetime! You'll see real animals from the savanah, swashbuckling pirates, the grandest fireworks shows anywhere and much much more! Rides on a Slinky Dog and with Aliens, Spooky friendly ghosts and maybe even a trip though our Space Ship Earth going back thought history. GO underwater to see deep ocen fish and real live sharks to mini versions of faraway places like China and France. Maybe you'll be able to fly over parts of the World. You will see soooo much you will want to come back again and again and every time you come it will be an adventure as you find new things to explore and have fun with each time as you enjoy some of the things you already did before. Welcome to Disney my friend."

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
Ok, it suddenly got a bit dusty here.

Here's a message to your Son...
Kid, you are in for an adventure of your lifetime! You'll see real animals from the savanah, swashbuckling pirates, the grandest fireworks shows anywhere and much much more! Rides on a Slinky Dog and with Aliens, Spooky friendly ghosts and maybe even a trip though our Space Ship Earth going back thought history. GO underwater to see deep ocen fish and real live sharks to mini versions of faraway places like China and France. Maybe you'll be able to fly over parts of the World. You will see soooo much you will want to come back again and again and every time you come it will be an adventure as you find new things to explore and have fun with each time as you enjoy some of the things you already did before. Welcome to Disney my friend."
OMG! You just made me cry. I will print this out and will give it to him when we're on the plane about to land. You are a wonderful person.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Oh , how sweet, I hope he has a magical adventure that he deserves , please don't be afraid to get and use a GAC so he will have the most magical adventure possible. Im looking forward to hearing about your trip !

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Affectionate and sensitive kids really can add so much to our lives with the simplest comment. Youre not even at Disney yet and you are building life long memories. Hope you can give him and your family the trip of a lifetime. ;););)

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I've been non-stop planning our November trip since March. As a mother of special needs child with Autism I need Plan A, B and C in case of meltdowns or sensory overload. Since March, my 12 year old son has not expressed ANY interest in WDW due to his condition--that's who he is.

This weekend he asked me with the BIGGEST smile on his face, 'Mommy, is Disney going to be an adventure?' With tears in my eyes then, and while I'm typing this now I said 'Baby, it will be a wonderful magical adventure.'

And that simple question confirmed that he's all in, that he's excited, that in his own way he's as excited as he ever going to get, and he is hopeful it will be a magical adventure.

I had to share.

My Austic son enjoyed Disney until he was about 17-years-old....even the character meet-and-greets. After that, he requested not to go anymore, citing the crowds made him anxious. He might go with us again some day now that there are After Hours events.
13483266_10210294716184479_2467148587384278290_o.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom