Trip Report A Sweet 16 Weekend! This trip is all about Maddy!

I can’t wait to share our next Disney adventure! This one will start early, as we need to leave for the airport by 2:15 am. Its also special, as Madelyn turns 16 this Sunday.

Both Maddy and Brayden are February babies, so we surprised them for a Disney trip way back in 2011. My have things changed since then.

We will be staying at Coronado for just the second time. We stayed there for Thanksgiving over 10 years ago.

Plan on heading straight to Epcot once we get to the resort tomorrow. We have lunch at Chefs de France for 1. This will be our second time there as well. The hours for the parks have increased since we booked this trip last year. We aren't sure if that's a good or bad thing; however, there really aren't many things that are bad in Disney, right?

Looking forward to sharing our long weekend in what is forecast to be a hot weekend in Florida!

coachwnh

Original Poster
Changed our minds. Gondola to Riviera then bus to MK

12260577-99C4-432A-9E37-6C9F75EA185C.jpeg

donaldtoo

And you have running water and electricity! Awesome!

Greetings, fellow Austinite...!!! :)
Fortunately, we never lost power or gas, but, we were without water for four days. Filled one of our bathtubs with snow, and nuked it as needed for the toilets. Luckily, we’ve always had plenty of bottled water since the beginning of this darn “damndemic “. So glad the boil water notice has been lifted. Hope y’all didn’t have any major issues, as well...!!! :)

Pooh'sBuddy

Greetings, fellow Austinite...!!! :)
Fortunately, we never lost power or gas, but, we were without water for four days. Filled one of our bathtubs with snow, and nuked it as needed for the toilets. Luckily, we’ve always had plenty of bottled water since the beginning of this darn “damndemic “. So glad the boil water notice has been lifted. Hope y’all didn’t have any major issues, as well...!!! :)
Howdy, neighbor! The snowfall measured over 6.5 inches at our house. We also never lost power nor had any busted pipes. We were also without water for four days and filled our tub with snow for the plumbing. I stopped off at HEB before it snowed, so we were set. Crazy times! Glad to hear you managed, too. I'm hoping our bluebonnets, mountain laurel and tobacco sumac will survive.

donaldtoo

Howdy, neighbor! The snowfall measured over 6.5 inches at our house. We also never lost power nor had any busted pipes. We were also without water for four days and filled our tub with snow for the plumbing. I stopped off at HEB before it snowed, so we were set. Crazy times! Glad to hear you managed, too. I'm hoping our bluebonnets, mountain laurel and tobacco sumac will survive.

About 6 inches here, but, it didn’t go away for days, as it had in the past 44+ years we’ve been back in Texas...!!!!! :hilarious:
Great to hear about y’all’s good-Ish situation, except for the water, as well..!!! :) No busted pipes here either, even with a 5* low both on Monday and Tuesday mornin’.
HEB is our fave grocery store, just so stellar in so many ways...!!!!! :happy:
And yep, need my Texas wildflowers back for my commute down 360 to and from the office in the spring...!!!!! :happy:

Last edited:

coachwnh

Original Poster
Great day yesterday, but long. We got up at 1:30 to drive to Newark for the flight and made it to Epcot well before its scheduled opening. Maddy and I ended up staying at Magic Kingdom until after closing. Got back to Coronado, got our Amazon order and take out for Three Bridges, and went to bed. Sorry for the lack of a daily update last night, but I was beat.

Off to Hollywood Studios. Brayden secured our passes for RotR. This will also be a first for Austin and Laura.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for following along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom