A Spirited Valentine ...

Quinnmac000

Thanks much. But not back yet. Call this a cameo and preview. It may well be a few weeks before I have the thread ready as I also would like to confirm a few things and I was out of the loop until recently.

But, please, tell the bois that NO Mary Poppins ride is being built or added to ANY Disney Park in the world right now as that seems a popular thought.

Also, how has Volcano Bay been doing since its disastrous (and it was) opening? Has UNI finally just admitted that they built an unfinished water park and then added a ridiculous system with five-hour waits for water slides and called the thing groundbreaking? That was Disney level arrogance there!

Oh, and anyone want to tell me how I was wrong about SW being much behind in FL? Or did I mishear my good pal Chappie say that it will first open in Anaheim and months later ... in Orlando (at least parts of it will)?

Volcano Bay has been hitting capacity often and some days according to speculation outdrawn attendance at both disney water parks combined (not proven but again speculated). So I doubt Comcast is crying. Lines still are long and expansion fast tracked.

WDW1974

Original Poster
giphy.gif

me in the next couple of days waiting for @WDW1974 epic discussion!

Thanks. But you will have a bit of a wait. That's why I put a few quick thoughts out (BTW, since this thread had to be a film one in my absence, did I miss something or was the first Spidey film in the MCU not quite the gazillion dollar success it was supposed to be? I mean, we all know most online fans will rip the Cars franchise, so the fact Cars 3 has pretty much eaten dust at the box office likely makes most happy. But Marvel? C'mon ... )

WDW1974

Original Poster
I hope we get to hear your thoughts on the updated Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights or Pooh's Hunny Hunt. I'm really curious to hear your experience.

Loved them both ... as always. But will give more details later ... I will say that as much as I love PtN in Anaheim (and HK), Dreamlights still shames it. No one does parades like Tokyo. No one.

And, hey, I hear that late 90s technology that makes MAGIC on Hunny Hunt will finally hit WDW ... in 2019 ... or 2020. Gotta love the way The Sheriff takes his time!

I feel like I have missed so much. Anything shutter at Disney Springs yet?

The_Jobu

Also, how has Volcano Bay been doing since its disastrous (and it was) opening? Has UNI finally just admitted that they built an unfinished water park and then added a ridiculous system with five-hour waits for water slides and called the thing groundbreaking?

I think you meant to say "TPI best theme park of the year".

WDW1974

Original Poster
Heh. It's sure to stir people up. And that's not knocking him. I appreciate his opinion and information. Don't always love the presentation of it but always look forward to a post from him and his threads. I was waiting for a D23 response from him lol

I was on the other side of the world when D23 hit and couldn't have been happier. Just a droolfest combined with cosplay and the feeling of being at a giant fundamentalist religious convention all praying NOT at the altar of Walt, but the altar of Iger. Nope. I would guess that beyond a little upset about GMR and Energy closing, which we all knew as far back as last year, by a few WDW fans ... and the Pixar Pier plans (explain how that one is going to work, please) and lack of Marvel plans (for very good reason) by some DLR fans, most are deliriously happy and think that this is some new Golden Age of WDI and their beloved parks.

It's not. Not even close. Not even same universe.

brb1006

First of all, I have been out of the country for longer than FoP has been open so I won't presume to assume what demos FoP is or isn't pleasing. Hell, I won't even comment on the fact that WDW is having a dreadful summer because if 30% off food deals for the next two months and lifting weeks of blackouts for lower tier APs doesn't show that (along with shorter than normal park hours at big dog MK) than nothing will, Cap.

But my comment, which I will discuss further in an upcoming thread is that Tron is very slow loading in a park where I saw one ECV in two full days -- and this was a person who needed it and wasn't morbidly obese and riding anyway -- and no double-wide strollers. Loading is complex and requires one individual crossing behind seating, which both American lawyers and dumb Guests will have difficulty with.

And let's not even talk about how lazy this is. This is akin to fanboi fantasies that Mystic Manor will be cloned and come to MK. Because in every real sense, Tron IS SDL's Space Mountain. So, WDW will have ancient Space Mountain next to Modern Space Mountain. It was a bad choice for this park unless Disney is planning on shutting down (or doing something major) with Space ... even then, it is dumb.
The only reason I think Tron would be perfect is that it could finally have Space Mountain getting a proper upgrade while Tron is keep guests busy.

EricsBiscuit

Loved them both ... as always. But will give more details later ... I will say that as much as I love PtN in Anaheim (and HK), Dreamlights still shames it. No one does parades like Tokyo. No one.

And, hey, I hear that late 90s technology that makes MAGIC on Hunny Hunt will finally hit WDW ... in 2019 ... or 2020. Gotta love the way The Sheriff takes his time!

I'm just curious, do you like anything at WDW? It seems to be the punching bag for all the "real Disney fans."

brb1006

I'm so excited to hear more details on Dreamlights and Hunny Hunt. I'm still amazed at how lifelike the Pooh AA's are. Especially since most of the AA's are given fur making them look more better than the plastic look they had in the other versions. Special mention goes to Pooh flying right over the guests and the transition to Pooh's dream. They are actually given fur and look more lifelike than I expected.

(Tokyo version)
hqdefault.jpg

19283440082_0419d4ac17.jpg

(WDW and other versions)
many-adventures-of-winnie-the-pooh-00.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

And as for Dreamlights, let's just say it's one of those parades you need to see in person especially after the recent update. Especially people who find PTN to be the best electrical parade EVER despite a superior one that's been running at Tokyo for over a decade now and still keeps itself fresh every few years with updates and the perfect combination of using old and new Disney films and Pixar included.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
I was in attendance at that parks panel and am very excited. I'm still old school at heart but have pretty much accepted the inevitable at this point. Why fight a losing battle?

I am not. ... Well, I am excited in what is going on behind the scenes and what is driving some of this, sure. But the actual moves? No. ... I'll take Roger Rabbit's Hollywood and the real wooden coaster at Disney's upcoming BW resort and that Swiss pavilion for EPCOT with Matterhorn looks amazing too!

As to fighting battles, I am done. Too old for that. Not interested.

If I want a quality Disney Parks experience in every way, then I'll save my nickels and dimes (down in Mom's basement I have a huge pickle jar full of change!) and go back to Tokyo because I know exactly what I am going to get: namely the best theme park product in the world.

But, hey, Disney is still charging what? ... $120 on average for a one-day ticket to its two near defunct swamp parks? Just bless their cold, cold, cold hearts!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Volcano Bay has been hitting capacity often and some days according to speculation outdrawn attendance at both disney water parks combined (not proven but again speculated). So I doubt Comcast is crying. Lines still are long and expansion fast tracked.

Really? Just bless their hearts. The clueless old farts, like Bill Davis and Tom Williams (is he 86 now?), who run UNI P&R and are literally being carried by The Boy Who Lived (and down the line Nintendo too). Of course, one wonders what their capacity is. But just good for them. One day they may actually have people running the parks who realize what gems they have. Until then, they have Potter and Nintendo to carry them and make them look much better than they have any right looking. Are they starting Halloween in August like desperate Disney is? Just wondering?

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm just curious, do you like anything at WDW? It seems to be the punching bag for all the "real Disney fans."

Everything I love about WDW, from EPCOT to Disney-MGM to the WL to the amount of trees is largely been or being destroyed, Eric. I still love DAK. Great park. Due in large part to Joe 'Fans Love to Attack Him' Rohde. I enjoy some MK attractions, especially after drinking. And I enjoy walking around World Showcase for exercise and to talk to foreign CMs.

wdwfan4ver

Welcome back.

I have a Disney lifestyler question for you.

How long in advance does Disney lets lifestylers such as Ricky Brigante know that a brand new hotel opens?

I am asking this question because of the Star Wars Hotel that was announced at D23 and I'm sure Disney wants the lifestylers to experience the unique experience of the hotel as soon as the hotel is ready to open.

EricsBiscuit

Everything I love about WDW, from EPCOT to Disney-MGM to the WL to the amount of trees is largely been or being destroyed, Eric. I still love DAK. Great park. Due in large part to Joe 'Fans Love to Attack Him' Rohde. I enjoy some MK attractions, especially after drinking. And I enjoy walking around World Showcase for exercise and to talk to foreign CMs.
I agree. DAK is my fav park right now behind TDS (I went and it was amazing). Joe Rohde is amazing. Epcot sucks. DHS is cute. MK has badass steam trains and a badass steamboat.

Mike S

First of all, I have been out of the country for longer than FoP has been open so I won't presume to assume what demos FoP is or isn't pleasing. Hell, I won't even comment on the fact that WDW is having a dreadful summer because if 30% off food deals for the next two months and lifting weeks of blackouts for lower tier APs doesn't show that (along with shorter than normal park hours at big dog MK) than nothing will, Cap.

But my comment, which I will discuss further in an upcoming thread is that Tron is very slow loading in a park where I saw one ECV in two full days -- and this was a person who needed it and wasn't morbidly obese and riding anyway -- and no double-wide strollers. Loading is complex and requires one individual crossing behind seating, which both American lawyers and dumb Guests will have difficulty with.

And let's not even talk about how lazy this is. This is akin to fanboi fantasies that Mystic Manor will be cloned and come to MK. Because in every real sense, Tron IS SDL's Space Mountain. So, WDW will have ancient Space Mountain next to Modern Space Mountain. It was a bad choice for this park unless Disney is planning on shutting down (or doing something major) with Space ... even then, it is dumb.
I actually think it's pretty cool that we'll have Tron next to Space Mountain. One less reason for me to buy a ticket to China.
I was on the other side of the world when D23 hit and couldn't have been happier. Just a droolfest combined with cosplay and the feeling of being at a giant fundamentalist religious convention all praying NOT at the altar of Walt, but the altar of Iger. Nope. I would guess that beyond a little upset about GMR and Energy closing, which we all knew as far back as last year, by a few WDW fans ... and the Pixar Pier plans (explain how that one is going to work, please) and lack of Marvel plans (for very good reason) by some DLR fans, most are deliriously happy and think that this is some new Golden Age of WDI and their beloved parks.

It's not. Not even close. Not even same universe.
Oh come now. I had plenty of fun at the expo. It went so much better than some of the horror stories I've read on this site actually. I even got to meet Mark Hamill!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom