A Song of Ice and Fire

Princess Leia

Original Poster
For those who have read the books, what are your theories for Winds of Winter? What are some changes you like in Game of Thrones? What are some changes you loath in Game of Thrones?

I’ll start- I think Tyrion and Dany will meet, but unlike the show, it’ll happen at a later point. I think Tyrion might end up with a better chance to find Arya if she leaves the House of Black and White and Tyrion leaves Meereen.

Brienne will kill Stoneheart. I see both Brienne and Jaime making it to book 7, so I hope we get a resolution of that cliffhanger sooner rather than later.

Maybe Stannis becomes King briefly? His attack on Winterfell successful, he marches south but Melisandre tells him to sacrifice Shireen to win the battle in King’s Landing. He does both, but kills himself or is killed by Cersei/Gregor Clegane.

What changes do I like from the show? Aging the kids up massively helped. I also like some of the streamlining- example, no fake Aegon.

What do I massively dislike from the show? Sansa’s marital rape, the drawn out torture of Theon, Jaime’s character development roller coaster, everything about Dorne, the nonexistent timeline of Season 7.

teebin

Although I have not read the books, I am curious why you dislike Dorne in the TV series? I loved all of the Dorne settings.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Although I have not read the books, I am curious why you dislike Dorne in the TV series? I loved all of the Dorne settings.
Oh man, it’s just nowhere even close to how the books presented it. Princess Arianne and Prince Quentyn were cut (I was fine without Quentyn, but Arianne is a favorite of mine in the books). They’re Tristan’s older siblings, and Arianne wants to make Myrcella queen of the kingdom (while there was an attempt on Myrcella’s life, it wasn’t from the Dornish family, and she’s still alive, but has a scar on her face now). Ellaria isn’t hellbent on revenge- instead, she’s in mourning and wants to respect Oberyn’s wishes in life. Prince Doran is secretly moving pieces around and isn’t so wishy-washy about everything.

And then the Sand Snakes aren’t punchlines. They haven’t had a lot to do yet, but they aren’t bickering wannabes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom