Trip Report A salute to our whole vacation, but mostly the food *COMPLETED*

Hello all!! We've been home for a little over a week and its time to start this trip report! We had an amazing 9 night trip..lots of food and drinks as you can tell from the title. I did a pre-trip report :
We drank the Kool-aid; our first stay as DVC members!

Ok, so quick back story...On this trip was me and my husband Scott (MassScott84).
Photo Sep 24, 10 29 51 AM.jpg

We bought into DVC this past January and planned this trip then. Plans changed about 20 times...at first we were going to spend our first few nights at Vero Beach, but in the end our first 7 nights were at Polynesian, and two weeks before we left, we were able to snag our last two nights in a one bedroom at the Grand Floridian!

Day 1 9/16:

So Scott had to work a half day, so our flight was not until 537pm. I was busy all day with last minute packing and bringing our fur children to various family members houses. Before we knew it, it was time to go! They built a new lounge at our airport, and they had a groupon deal, so we got some snacks and (most important) drinks before the flight.

It was a nice little quiet luxury to have before our flight. Next thing we know, we are boarding and off we go! The flight was smooth and 2.5 hours later we were at MCO! We grabbed our luggage, got our rental car, and were on the road by 9pm.
Disney917-08.jpg

We were finally here!! Although I love having a car on property, I do miss driving under this on the Magical Express! So we had done online check in, and once we got to the Poly we went straight to room 2901, second floor, Tokelau. Our room was right by the elevators, which made me slightly nervous noise wise, but it ended up being fine.
DSC00137.JPG

DSC00138.JPG
DSC00133.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

Ahhhh this room!! We loved it!! It was a nice size for a studio...and two bathrooms! That rainfall shower was amazing!!

geebee721

Original Poster
Day 4....Halloween party night!

So after a long day of park hopping...we decided to spend the morning by the pool. We knew it was going to be a long night because we had Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. This would be our first time attending, so we were pretty excited. A few hours in the blazing Florida sun was more than enough for my Irish skin, so we went back to the room to get ready for lunch. We had been wanting to try Geyser Point so we headed over to the Wilderness Lodge.
DSC00678.JPG

Photo Sep 19, 3 25 14 PM (1).jpg

I love this resort...it's so beautiful! They were giving tours of the new cabins at Cooper Creek, so we toook a quick look at them. They were amazing, it seriously felt like you were at a cabin in the woods.
DSC00671.JPG

So after the cabins, we finally sat down at Geyser Point and ordered. We started with drinks, I got some beer and Scott ordered the Northwest Iced Tea, which was basically a Long Island iced tea. And for food, we both got the bison burger.
DSC00661.JPG
DSC00664.JPG
DSC00665.JPG

This burger was so, so good. It came with a marionberry barbecue sauce which made it amazing! Scott didn't care for the sauce,but I loved it. I loved this restaurant and highly recommend it! I loved how it was outside, I could have sat here for hours! The view was amazing, and the waitstaff was awesome. We ordered another round of drinks, paid our bill and decided to start heading over to Mk.

Last edited:

geebee721

Original Poster
We changed into our Halloween shirts and headed over to the boat launch to MK. I had been reading how hot it can get, and I didn't want to walk around sweating in a costume, so we played it safe with our (boring) tshirts. After a quick boat ride we were there!
DSC00694.JPG

We walked back to Tomorrowland to grab our wristbands and candy bags.
DSC00685.JPG

We rode haunted mansion and pirates after getting our bands. After that the party had officially started! We did some trick or treating and did they ever give you candy! Handfuls and handfuls of candy. So my main regret from this party is not doing photo pass pics. We actually only did one. :arghh::arghh: I'm seriously terrible when it comes to photo pass! It was pretty crowded, and most of the characters had crazy long lines.
Disney917-21.jpg

We did some more trick or treating and rode some more rides. It was so hot and we were sweating like crazy! I tried taking some pics of us, but we were humid hot messes! Some people had awesome costumes on, and I gave them a lot of credit to be walking around in the heat like that! We were starting to get hungry, and needed to get out of the heat, so we decided to get dinner at Columbia Harbour House. I decided on the chicken pot pie and Scott got the fried fish.
DSC00749.JPG
DSC00750.JPG

The chicken pot pie tasted better than it looked! For dessert we headed over to Gaston's Tavern to try one of the special halloween party desserts. We got the last pumpkin cheesecake they had and it was so delicious!
DSC00774.JPG

Hallowishes was about to begin, so we headed over towards the castle to get a good spot.
DSC00803.JPG
DSC00784.JPG

I love the music to this show. I obsessively played the songs on my phone before the trip...so I sang right along! After, we headed towards liberty square to get a spot for the parade. While Scott claimed our spots, I trick or treated some more because the 20 pounds of Halloween candy we had was not enough!
DSC00809.JPG

DSC00815.JPG

I loved the parade! I don't have many pictures from it because I was really just taking it all in. After it ended we decided to head back to the room, we were exhausted. We both loved the Halloween party and want to do it again. There are so many things to do and we missed a lot.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We changed into our Halloween shirts and headed over to the boat launch to MK. I had been reading how hot it can get, and I didn't want to walk around sweating in a costume, so we played it safe with our (boring) tshirts. After a quick boat ride we were there!
View attachment 241210
We walked back to Tomorrowland to grab our wristbands and candy bags.
View attachment 241209
We rode haunted mansion and pirates after getting our bands. After that the party had officially started! We did some trick or treating and did they ever give you candy! Handfuls and handfuls of candy. So my main regret from this party is not doing photo pass pics. We actually only did one. :arghh::arghh: I'm seriously terrible when it comes to photo pass! It was pretty crowded, and most of the characters had crazy long lines.
View attachment 241218
We did some more trick or treating and rode some more rides. It was so hot and we were sweating like crazy! I tried taking some pics of us, but we were humid hot messes! Some people had awesome costumes on, and I gave them a lot of credit to be walking around in the heat like that! We were starting to get hungry, and needed to get out of the heat, so we decided to get dinner at Columbia Harbour House. I decided on the chicken pot pie and Scott got the fried fish.
View attachment 241213 View attachment 241214
The chicken pot pie tasted better than it looked! For dessert we headed over to Gaston's Tavern to try one of the special halloween party desserts. We got the last pumpkin cheesecake they had and it was so delicious!
View attachment 241215
Hallowishes was about to begin, so we headed over towards the castle to get a good spot. View attachment 241216 View attachment 241219
I love the music to this show. I obsessively played the songs on my phone before the trip...so I sang right along! After, we headed towards liberty square to get a spot for the parade. While Scott claimed our spots, I trick or treated some more because the 20 pounds of Halloween candy we had was not enough!
View attachment 241217
View attachment 241220
I loved the parade! I don't have many pictures from it because I was really just taking it all in. After it ended we decided to head back to the room, we were exhausted. We both loved the Halloween party and want to do it again. There are so many things to do and we missed a lot.

Really good pics of HalloWishes and Boo To You!

geebee721

Original Poster
Day 5.....Lots more food and wine and Pandora!

We woke up this morning ready to take on some more food and wine! Since we had a car, we decided to drive over to Port Orleans for breakfast. And nothing says breakfast like beignets!
DSC00847.JPG

DSC00844.JPG

These were pillows of perfection! So good! Of course I was wearing a black shirt and had a nice layer of powdered sugar on me once we were done. I don't think there is a way to eat these without getting them everywhere. The food court at Port Orleans was awesome,,,they had some really good looking options. We walked around the resort a little more before heading out. We headed over to the Boardwalk to walk around a little bit and headed over to International Gateway.
DSC00850.JPG

We stopped at the store right by the entrance to pick up Remy's Hide and Squeak.
DSC00878.JPG

So we were off and headed towards Canada. First stop was Scotland and Scott got the potato pancake with scottish smoked salmon and herbed sour cream. I'm not a salmon fan, so I passed on this, but Scott really enjoyed it.
DSC00871.JPG

DSC00866.JPG

We also grabbed a Moosehead Radler (lager infused with grapefruit, grape and lemon) at the Canada stand. It was delicious and refreshing. Next we stopped at the Islands of Caribbean booth a tried the jamaican beef patty with mango salsa. I only had a bite, I'm not a huge beef patty fan, but it tasted good. Scott really enjoyed these.
DSC00874.JPG

Next up was coastal eats! Scott got the baked shrimp scampi with sourdough baguette. I didn't try this, but Scott enjoyed it. I'm not a huge seafood fan, I have to really be in the mood for it and today was not that day! Plus it was getting really super hot, and I was more about the wine!
DSC00875.JPG

Next was the Thailand booth for red hot spicy Thai curry beef with steamed rice. This was also delcious.
DSC00876.JPG

We decided to walk into the Mexico pavilion to get out of the heat for a little bit. We rode Grand Fiesta Tour, drank some water to hydrate and enjoyed the AC!
DSC00877.JPG

Last edited:

Pixieish

Love your report, and the title!!! The food is one of the things I look forward to most about our trip because #pickyfamily #ifitsedibleIeatit!

geebee721

Original Poster
Such a fun report so far! Really enjoying your touring style...lots of drinks and food:hungry::hungry:

Loved the t-shirts you wore for the party! Looking forward to more:)

Thank you!! There was definitely lots of food and drinks!!

Love your report, and the title!!! The food is one of the things I look forward to most about our trip because #pickyfamily #ifitsedibleIeatit!

Thank you! Food is definitely one of the highlights of Disney! When I got home and started looking through our pictures I was like wow, we ate a lot!!

geebee721

Original Poster
So back out into the heat we went! We were continuing on looking for Remy, but I was getting aggravated that I couldn't find some of them! We walked through Germany and really wanted some caramel popcorn to bring home, but afraid it was going to get messy in the backpack. I wanted everything in there...but there was more food and wine to eat!
DSC00881.JPG

We stopped at the Germany kiosk and got the roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll. It was just ok.
DSC00884.JPG

We stopped next at the Spain kiosk to get paella...Scott was really looking forward to this and really, really enjoyed it. I tried a small bite and it had a really good flavor
DSC00886.JPG

A little more walking around the world and taking some more pictures and trying to find Remy.
DSC00889.JPG

DSC00891.JPG

I considered jumping into this fountain, but knew it would be highly frowned upon!
Disney917-22.jpg

I found my last Remy in France and was ready to go get my key chain! :p:p
DSC00898.JPG

DSC00901.JPG

At this point we had enough! It was such a fun afternoon of lots of food and drinks, but the sun was brutal and it was time to move on. We had some fast passes at Animal Kingdom to get to!

geebee721

Original Poster
We got on the boat and headed back to the Boardwalk. Going by boat is one of my favorite ways to travel at WDW. It's a little slower, more relaxed than bus or monorail and it's nice to be on the water. And the views are amazing!
DSC00904.JPG

DSC00910.JPG

After our relaxing boat ride, we were off to Animal Kingdom! I had been to Pandora during the preview at the beginning of May when I went with my mom, but this was Scott's first time. Our first fastpass was Kilimanjaro Safari, but we had a little time to kill before then, so where better to kill some but Dawa Bar! I got a beer and Scott got a Lost on Safari. I love coming here to sit, relax and to listen to the band that performs right outside.
Disney917-05.jpg

DSC00917.JPG

After our delicious libations, it was safari time! While in line, the child in front of us had a bubble wand and we got hit with bubbles non stop. I was trying to dodge them,but there was no escaping! I feel like a good chunk of this trip was trying to dodge the millions of bubbles that were being created...it got to be a little much! Our safari was great! The animals were very active, and were pretty close to our vehicle.
DSC00941.JPG

DSC00956.JPG

During our ride, people kept standing and our guide had to tell them repeatedly to sit down. :banghead: At one point she even announced that the ride would end if they didn't sit down...it was so annoying, just sit down!! At the end of the safari as right before we were exiting, the guy in front of us was complaining how the guide kept yelling at them to sit down, :eek: Ummm...she's not saying that to inconvenience you! Anyways, it was time to head over to Pandora for Flights of Passage!
DSC00958.JPG

Flights of Passage was amazing and probably my second favorite ride next to Splash Mountain. We walked around Pandora a little more and it was crowded! The wait for Na'vi River Journey had a crazy wait time, but we had a fastpass later in the week for it. We decided to head over to Satu'li Canteen to grab some dinner. We did mobile ordering and highly recommend it! I ordered the grilled chicken bowl with mixed whole grains and rice, and black bean vinaigrette. I requested no boba balls on it because I hate them! It came with a side of vegetable slaw which was really good. I end up putting it on top and eating everything together.
DSC00973.JPG

Scott ordered the cheeseburger steamed pods which came with a side of vegetable chips. They were just okay, it tasted kind of like a McDonald's hamburger. Definitely not something we would order again.
DSC00971.JPG

For dessert we got the blueberry cream cheese mousse and we really enjoyed this! It had good texture and good flavor to it, plus it was pretty to look at!
DSC00972.JPG

After we ate, we were both done. It had been a long and hot day, and were ready to head back to the Poly to relax by the pool.

geebee721

Original Poster
Day 6...Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs

We were up early this morning for our day at Typhoon Lagoon! But first we had a breakfast reservation at The Wave in the Contemporary. This was our first time eating there and it was really good! The had a regular menu and the buffet, and we both chose the buffet.
Disney917-23.jpg

Disney917-29.jpg

Disney917-33.jpg

They had a lot of variety at the buffet. And everything was fresh and delicious! Our server was really good, and on top of the food at the buffet you could order omelets and eggs anyway you like. This is now one of our favorite breakfast restaurants.
Disney917-24.jpg

This was my first plate...so, so good! After our amazing breakfast we drove over to Typhoon Lagoon. We ended up reserving premium beach chair spaces. They were near the cabanas in Getaway Glen, and it included 2 lounge chairs, umbrella, cocktail, and 2 towels.There were also 2 other chairs (not sure what they are called, but they weren't the lounge type), so four people could sit in the area. The area was really quiet, and I'm glad we ended up renting it. I only took one picture while we were there! :banghead:
Disney917-35.jpg

Go figure :rolleyes:
This ended up being one of our favorite days of the trip...it was so fun! We hit a few of the water slides in the beginning and the wave pool before it got two crowded. We spent the majority of the time in the lazy river. By two o'clock it was getting really crowded, so we decided to head back to the room to relax a bit and get ready for Disney Springs. Tonight we would be having dinner at Homecomin'.
DSC00983.JPG

A gorgeous night at the Springs!
DSC00985.JPG

We had a bit of time to kill before dinner, so we stopped in Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for a drink.
DSC00987.JPG

DSC00986.JPG

DSC00990.JPG

It was happy hour and they had a special on these monkey head drinks, which was basically a rum punch. Almost every table around us were ordering some special nachos they had, and they looked amazing! I seriously thought about ordering, but knew I'd be too full for dinner.

Stacey LeDuc

Following along. Thank you for the “Tipsy ducks in love” Tip. I will have to find this wonderful sounding beverage. :happy:
DVC is hands down one of the best purchases we have made...EVER! Welcome Home!
We are planning a trip in January with 6of us and we’re thinking about the Highway in the Sky. I think now we are going to do our own monorail crawl. TY!

geebee721

Original Poster
Following along. Thank you for the “Tipsy ducks in love” Tip. I will have to find this wonderful sounding beverage. :happy:
DVC is hands down one of the best purchases we have made...EVER! Welcome Home!
We are planning a trip in January with 6of us and we’re thinking about the Highway in the Sky. I think now we are going to do our own monorail crawl. TY!

Thank you for reading! We are so happy we bought into DVC...I was more excited about that then when we signed for our house lol! We had so much doing our own monorail crawl...with 6 it would be soo much fun!! Have fun!

geebee721

Original Poster
So after our delicious monkey cocktails we were off to Homecomin'!
Photo Sep 21, 6 37 49 PM.jpg

This was our second time eating here and it is one of our favorite restaurants at Disney Springs. Its actually Scott's all time favorite restaurant anywhere! So we checked in and were taken to our table right away. And of course drinks were our first order! I ordered beer and Scott had a moonshine flight.
DSC00993.JPG

Disney917-36.jpg

I can't remember what flavors he got...but he loved it! Three shots come with candied pecans and a shot a of their house pickle juice spiced with their house sauce. Their hot sauce is delicious! We bought a bottle of it to bring home and we love it. For food Scott ordered the fried chicken with mac and cheese, and I got the fried chicken sandwich with mac and cheese.
DSC00994.JPG

DSC00995.JPG

Oh man this meal.....so, so delicious! My chicken sandwich was amazing,,,I seriously think about it all the time! So after we ate, we were too full for dessert (even though the hummingbird cake is delicious!) ,so we walked around and shopped for a little bit.
DSC00999.JPG

It was a gorgeous night out!
Photo Sep 21, 7 25 44 PM.jpg

We had a relaxing night walking through all the shops We ended our night at the Coca Cola store...I love the look of this store! We walked through and hung up on the upper floor for a bit.
DSC01006.JPG

DSC01002.JPG

Since we hadn't had dessert, we decided to get something sweet before we called it a night, We made our way over to Amorette's Patisserie. We decided to get the mickey dome which was chocolate chiffon cake, dark chocolate mousse and white chocolate mousse.
DSC01007.JPG

This was really good! It looked so pretty I didn't want to eat it! I had read that these desserts were just okay, but we both enjoyed the mickey dome. After we ate, we were both pretty tired. We walked back to the bus stop and went back to our room for the night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom