Trip Report A salute to our whole vacation, but mostly the food *COMPLETED*

Hello all!! We've been home for a little over a week and its time to start this trip report! We had an amazing 9 night trip..lots of food and drinks as you can tell from the title. I did a pre-trip report :
We drank the Kool-aid; our first stay as DVC members!

Ok, so quick back story...On this trip was me and my husband Scott (MassScott84).
Photo Sep 24, 10 29 51 AM.jpg

We bought into DVC this past January and planned this trip then. Plans changed about 20 times...at first we were going to spend our first few nights at Vero Beach, but in the end our first 7 nights were at Polynesian, and two weeks before we left, we were able to snag our last two nights in a one bedroom at the Grand Floridian!

Day 1 9/16:

So Scott had to work a half day, so our flight was not until 537pm. I was busy all day with last minute packing and bringing our fur children to various family members houses. Before we knew it, it was time to go! They built a new lounge at our airport, and they had a groupon deal, so we got some snacks and (most important) drinks before the flight.

It was a nice little quiet luxury to have before our flight. Next thing we know, we are boarding and off we go! The flight was smooth and 2.5 hours later we were at MCO! We grabbed our luggage, got our rental car, and were on the road by 9pm.
Disney917-08.jpg

We were finally here!! Although I love having a car on property, I do miss driving under this on the Magical Express! So we had done online check in, and once we got to the Poly we went straight to room 2901, second floor, Tokelau. Our room was right by the elevators, which made me slightly nervous noise wise, but it ended up being fine.
DSC00137.JPG

DSC00138.JPG
DSC00133.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

Ahhhh this room!! We loved it!! It was a nice size for a studio...and two bathrooms! That rainfall shower was amazing!!

geebee721

Original Poster

geebee721

Original Poster
So we walked around GF for a while...and then hopped back onto the monorail for our last stop...Top of the World Lounge! The last time I was there was with my mom to watch the last night of Wishes :cry::cry: So it was super, SUPER busy that night! When Scott and I walked in this time, we were one of omly a few parties ...it was great!
DSC00246.JPG

DSC00245.JPG

The view from here is so amazing!! We sat down and ordered some drinks. They had a special Halloween menu, and Scott ordered the pumpkin old fashioned, which he found a little sweet. And I just ordered a beer...I am not a big mixed drink fan...unless its being served in some sort of tiki glass!! So our plan was to order dessert here...but I saw the soft pretzels and dips on the menu and had to have it! Plus carbs don't count in Disney...right??
DSC00247.JPG

DSC00250.JPG

They were delicious and the beer cheese sauce was so good! We hung out for a little bit longer, ordered another round of drinks and walked around observation deck taking pictures.
DSC00258.JPG

DSC00252.JPG

At this point we were both getting really tired, so we decided to head back to our room. Magic Kingdom had Hallowishes that night, and since we were going to the Halloween party in a few days, we decided to skip the fireworks.

geebee721

Original Poster
Day 3....FINALLY A PARK DAY!!

It was so weird that our first park day wasn't until day 3!! We definitely took a much slower approach the the parks this trip. We woke up and off to the Magic Kingdom we went!
DSC00262.JPG

I couldn't believe we were finally here!! It had been so long since we have been here during the fall, and the decorations were so nice! We watched the opening ceremony show at the castle. It was cute...but I do miss the characters on the train! Once Magic Kingdom was officially opened, we went over to Pirates. After,we walked through Frontierland so I could mourn Splash Mountain not being open! :cry::cry: We stopped in Frontier Trading Post because Scott really wanted to get the limited edition 45th magic band featuring the WDW railroad. They didn't have it...but he was determined to find it! Next stop was Haunted Mansion.
DSC00344.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

Next was Fantasyland, and It's a Small World was less than a 5 minute wait so off we went! And it was the first time we got to see our names show up at the end of the ride!

DSC00358.JPG

We were starting to get hungry, so what better than a cinnamon roll the size of your head??
DSC00380.JPG

Now that our blood sugar was nicely spiked, we decided to take a voyage under the sea! It was only around 1030 at this point, and it was starting to get pretty busy. Our fastpasses were for Epcot that afternoon, and we didn't feel like waiting in long lines in the heat, so we decided to start heading over to Epcot. On the way out we hit three more stores for Scott's magic band :eek: Finnnnaaallly found it at the store next to Mickey's meet and greet.
railroad.JPG

DSC00493.JPG

So husband was happy and off we were to Epcot! We decided to take a boat over to the Poly first so we could grab some more water out of our room...it was so hot out! We usually go to Disney in January, so we were not used to dealing with the heat in the parks!

geebee721

Original Poster
So on the boat we went! Boat transportation is my favorite at Disney. I'll take a boat over the monorail any day!
DSC00419.JPG

We ran up to the room, grabbed some water and walked over to the TTC to take the monorail over to Epcot.
DSC00432.JPG

Once we got into Epcot, we immediately went over to get some Food and Wine snacks! We started in Craft Beers on the Odyssey Pavilion and got the zesty cheeseburger and cheddar cheese macaroni handwich.
DSC00433.JPG
DSC00435.JPG

It was pretty good, but nothing I would get again. Scott enjoyed this more than me. We also bought the food and wine tray which ended up coming in quiet handy. Next we walked over to Patagonia and got the grilled beef skewer with chimichurri sauce and boniato puree. The beef was just ok...but the sauce on it was so good! And of course I managed to drop some of it on my shorts :banghead:
DSC00436.JPG

We walked around some more looking for one last snack before our fastpasses! We stopped in Brazil and got brazilian cheese bread. Wow were these good! It was like a bread crust on the outside, with a gooey cheese on the inside. So, so good! I highly recommend these!
DSC00439.JPG

I stopped for a beer and Scott stopped at the Joy of Tea to get a Tipsy Ducks in love. Its coffee, tea, cream, and chocolate syrup mixed with burbon.
DSC00440.JPG
DSC00442.JPG

We passed the China stand and decided to grab a spicy chicken bao bun. I also got a kung fu punch, which was mixed with vodka and triple sec. It was really hot out and the drinks were going down smooth!
DSC00443.JPG

We headed over to future world and used our Spaceship Earth fastpasses.
DSC00489.JPG

Ariel1986

Ahh we love the Tipsy Ducks in Love drink! Not too many people seem to know about it. Loving all the food and drink adventures so far! :)

geebee721

Original Poster
Ahh we love the Tipsy Ducks in Love drink! Not too many people seem to know about it. Loving all the food and drink adventures so far! :)

Scott loves this drink and gets it every time we go. I don't think many people know about this drink either...it would definitely be more popular! I like that it's just not from a machine, the girls actually pour the bourbon in.

geebee721

Original Poster
After Spaceship Earth we walked over to the Wonders Of Life pavilion to check out all the merch they had. We picked up our annual pass Food and Wine buttons and checked out the Ghiradelli display. The chocolate sculptures were amazing!
DSC00452.JPG

DSC00455.JPG

We took our time because it was nice and cool in the pavilion and super hot outside! After walking around Future World a little bit longer we headed over to Frozen for our fastpass. The fastpass line was sooo long! It went all the way out to the entrance of the pavilion. Luckily it was only about 20 minutes that we had to wait...but in the head it definitely felt much longer!
DSC00499.JPG

Me and my crazy humidity hair!
DSC00515.JPG

I really enjoy this ride even though I miss Malestrom! :cry::arghh: We walked over to Mexico and took a ride on the Grand Fiesta Tour.
DSC00551.JPG

We had an ADR at Via Napoli so we headed on over! I love the Italy pavilion...its so pretty and definitely my favorite land.
DSC00565.JPG

DSC00571.JPG

I don't know how it was possible....but we were hungry! We were seated right away right in the middle of the restaurant and it was super loud. We could barely hear each other. We started with the arancini. The last time we ordered this it was just ok, so we decided to give it another shot and was so glad we did. It was delicious!
DSC00572.JPG

For our main entree we decided to split a quattro formaggi pizza with prosciutto.
DSC00573.JPG

It was a little burnt, but overall it was really good. It was a good meal! We were satisfied and wanted some dessert at Ample Hills. We paid the bill and decided to head over to the Boardwalk.
DSC00579.JPG

geebee721

Original Poster
At Ample Hills we split the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake ice cream sundae. Oh man...this is so delicious!
DSC00581.JPG

DSC00588.JPG

We relaxed a little bit just taking in the environment...the sun was setting and it was so nice!
DSC00584.JPG

This was going to be one of the only nights we would be able to watch Happily Ever After, so we got on a bus over to Magic Kingdom. We walked in and it was so mobbed! It was an hour till the show and there was barely any place to stand. We found some spots and waited..it was over an hour till the fireworks. Right before they started, a family stood right in front of us and put their kids on their shoulders. :mad::mad: It was pretty frustrating, but they realized they were completely blocking our view and nicely moved a bit, so it was all good!
DSC00606.JPG

DSC00614.JPG

DSC00615.JPG

As much as we miss Wishes, we both loved the new show! I loved the castle projections and the variety of songs they used. It was a great end to a long park day! We headed back to the Poly, and a girl I work with was also staying at the Poly, so we met up at Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace for some drinks. Me and my co-worker had planned our vacation going just about the same days and at the same resort without knowing it! It was pretty funny when we found out.
DSC00639.JPG

We sat right by this water display which I love! After a few drinks it was time to get to bed...It definitely had been a looooong day!

BuddyThomas

Since we hadn't really had dinner, we were starving!! Off to Capt. Cook's! We purchased mugs, Scott got the hot beef and cheddar with fries, and I got the pan asian noodles with chicken
View attachment 235822
View attachment 235823
My noodles were really good. Scott enjoyed his food also, but it could have been warmer temperature wise. We finished eating, checked Trader Sam's, but the wait time was 1.5 hours. Up to Tambu Lounge we went! I was boring and got a beer and Scott got the backscratcher. I am not a whiskey fan, so I didn't care for Scott's drink, but he loved it!
View attachment 235836
View attachment 235837
I had another round, and at this point it was close to midnight and we were super tired, so we called it a night.

Day 2 9/17

We woke up bright and early this morning! Our bed wasn't super comfortable,and we are used to a king, so it wasn't a great nights sleep. Today was going to be a pool day, followed by a bar crawl around the monorail! This was not a bad view to wake up to!View attachment 235847

We did a Target run for water, drinks and such. We got back, grabbed our suits and off to the Oasis pool we went!
View attachment 235856
I loved this pool! It was really quiet and I really liked it was right outside our building. For lunch we ordered drinks, me a beer and Scott got a Frosty Pineapple, which is a Dole Whip blended with Rum. It was pretty hot out, and the frosty pineapple was cool and delicious! We split an order of Kalua Pork Sliders which were really good. I loved the citrus slaw on the sliders.
View attachment 235857
View attachment 235859
You seem like my kind of people! Great pics and report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom