Pre-Trip A revised "We always knew this day would come" September pre-trip report

Wow, where has the time gone. Hard to believe that the countdown clock to our upcoming trip is showing 4 days. I had previously done a PTR at the 180 day mark, but so much has changed since then I decided a re-do (or re-mix) would make sense. So, once again, the intros
PH294220912 - 0056.jpg
From left to right DS Stephanie (12), DW Tammy (###), Me - Graham (38) and DS Liam (10). This will be our 6th trip to WDW and will most likely be our last September trip as Stephanie will be in High School next year so it will be way too hard to take her out of school any more (FYI - we always clear our trips with the kids teachers and make sure they have homework to do while we are gone so they don't fall behind).

The plan
We'll be staying for 10 days at AKL - Kidani Village - arriving on September 18th (flying down on AirTran), and leaving on the 27th(flying back on Jet Blue) in a 1 bedroom Villa. We had hoped to be part of the Magic Bands test, but it wasn't meant to be (AKL - Jambo house is part of the test, but not Kidani). We had made our dining reservations at the 180 day mark, but the My Disney Experience app makes it so simple to change them that the list we have now looks really different that what we had back then. Here's what we have:

Sept 18th - 'Ohana (dinner)
Sept 19th - Be Our Guest (dinner)
Sept 20th - Sci-Fi (Lunch), Teppan Edo (dinner)
Sept 21st - 50's Prime Time (dinner)
Sept 22nd - Trail's End (dinner)
Sept 23rd - Boma (dinner)
Sept 24th - Saana (dinner)
Sept 25th - Chef Mickey's (dinner)
Sept 26th - Liberty Tree (dinner)
Sept 27th - Boma (breakfast)

We debated doing the dining plan this year, but then Disney increased the price twice in the year, and with the two kids now being "adults" (and one being a picky eater who would be happy eating smaller things), we decided to not bother with that, and get the Tables in Wonderland card instead. I crunched the numbers (I'm an accountant) and it turns out we'd save a lot more doing TiW than the meal plan (the downside is that I know me, and will be tracking what we buy as opposed to paying up front and knowing that it's dealt with, but I think the potential savings outweigh the minor inconvenience of tracking the costs).

One other kind of "cool" thing we got to do was book a fastpass+ for Be Our Guest for lunch on the 23rd.

Since this is our 6th trip, we decided we're going to try and do a few different things this year. Here's the list we have right now:

- Fireworks from the Top of the World Lounge (we're DVC)
- See Yee-Ha Bob
- Carriage ride at Fort Wilderness
- Fireworks during dinner at 'Ohana
- Movie night at the resort
- mini-golf one morning (we're doing the waterparks and more option)

I think that's it for now. Everyone is getting really pumped, and can't wait to get this trip started. Thanks for reading, and keep an eye out for the trip report when we get back.

Tinkerbell397

Have a magical trip. We will be there from September 17-23 staying at WL. All ADR's
are made and triple checked my room request (In know requests are not guaranteed) three times.... Getting very excited to leave on Tuesday AM. Plan to do laundry and finalize packing on Monday then up early on Tuesday and off to the airport. :cat:

gwhb75

Original Poster
Have a magical trip. We will be there from September 17-23 staying at WL. All ADR's
are made and triple checked my room request (In know requests are not guaranteed) three times.... Getting very excited to leave on Tuesday AM. Plan to do laundry and finalize packing on Monday then up early on Tuesday and off to the airport. :cat:

Have a great trip too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom