A Really Happy Last Minute Booking Surprise

Chrononymous

Original Poster
Just returned from my amazing Disney trip last week.
Normally we would have gone with a little more planning, but this was a play it by (mouse) ear situation, and being a veteran WDW vacationer, I figured we could make it all work.

For the first two days we had an off site motel in Kissimee, which was all right. But with one more day left on our pass, we decided to hit Price line and find a nicer place for one more night
We used the surprise feature, where they tell you the location and type of hotel, but you don't know what you are getting until you book it and pay for it.
The 4 star came up for $74 a night, and after looking at the location ( an area around Epcot) we jumped on it...and scored the Dolphin!
For 74 bucks!
The Dolphin turned out to be amazing. And so convienent. They let us check in at 7 am before heading to the Studios by boat...and the wonders of heading away from the crowds to the international gateway at the conclusion of Illuminations was almost worth the price by itself!
The only drawbacks were a couple of hidden fees...including the $25 resort fee and the $18 for parking, that other Disney hotels don't have... But the In room Starbucks coffee, the grotto pool and spa and the view of ToT from our balcony pretty much made up for that!

Next time, if we don't already have a booking at a Disney resort, we may try rolling the dice again, and seeing if we can get as lucky as we did this time!

epcotisbest

Just returned from my amazing Disney trip last week.
Normally we would have gone with a little more planning, but this was a play it by (mouse) ear situation, and being a veteran WDW vacationer, I figured we could make it all work.

For the first two days we had an off site motel in Kissimee, which was all right. But with one more day left on our pass, we decided to hit Price line and find a nicer place for one more night
We used the surprise feature, where they tell you the location and type of hotel, but you don't know what you are getting until you book it and pay for it.
The 4 star came up for $74 a night, and after looking at the location ( an area around Epcot) we jumped on it...and scored the Dolphin!
For 74 bucks!
The Dolphin turned out to be amazing. And so convienent. They let us check in at 7 am before heading to the Studios by boat...and the wonders of heading away from the crowds to the international gateway at the conclusion of Illuminations was almost worth the price by itself!
The only drawbacks were a couple of hidden fees...including the $25 resort fee and the $18 for parking, that other Disney hotels don't have... But the In room Starbucks coffee, the grotto pool and spa and the view of ToT from our balcony pretty much made up for that!

Next time, if we don't already have a booking at a Disney resort, we may try rolling the dice again, and seeing if we can get as lucky as we did this time!
We have been lucky with some Priceline last minute bids as well, but never Dolphin. We have gotten the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Peabody (now Hyatt Regency International Drive), Omni Championsgate, Hilton Downtown Disney and Rosen Shingle Creek. Keep hoping for Gaylord Palms sometime, but no luck so far.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Wow, that's amazing. Given how I'm wired up, I don't think I'll ever try that option and couple my personalty is my Irish luck. I'll most likely not something that's closer to a fleabag place then the Dolphin. Congrats :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom