1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

A Question About Disney Pins from the early 2000's.

Discussion in 'Disney Merchandise, Pin Trading & Collectibles' started by disney1023, Sep 9, 2017.

1. disney1023

disney1023 Active Member

Hello! I just received a pin from the year 2000, and I was wondering what Disney use for pin backs back at that time. Where they the rubber Mickey's we have now, or where they some other type? A response would be greatly appreciated!

2. Retlaw Yensid

Retlaw Yensid Member

I believe they were metal backs at that time. They were not the rubber Mickeys they use now.

3. trainplane3

trainplane3 Well-Known Member

I was going through my old 2000/pre 2000 pins a couple weeks ago. A lot of them had a rubber back but they were just plain circles, not Mickey shaped. I think sometime in the late 90s they switched from metal backs to rubber ones. Not sure though, I'm not a pin pro regardless of how many I own.

4. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

Depends, Some were the metal clips that you squeezed to release, some were round elastomer, The Mickey Heads were definitely after 2001 at least for the pin's I have I have a LOT of Disney pins (all bought at Disney) but I am by no means an expert on pins.

5. disney1023

disney1023 Active Member Original Poster

Ah, ok. You see, I'm no pin expert either, but I just wanted to know so I could figure out how to sell some of the older pins I had and what back I should use.

ford91exploder likes this.
  6. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

I use the Pinpics website as thats the best source of authoritative info about disney pins. I collect a lot of Si and Am stuff because ive been enslaved by Siamese cats since i was a child