Pre-Trip A Postponed, first trip, pre-trip report!

Hello beautiful people!

We have officially postponed our perfect trip for a couple of months. Everything was exactly how we wanted it. We planned out which Flower and Garden snacks we wanted. We got all the fast passes we needed by waking up at the crack of dawn (FOP, Slinky, Mine Train, Falcon). All our dining was set including Oga's Cantina, Boma, and Tusker House on Animal Kingdom's Anniversary. We were staying at Coronado Springs, my favorite resort. But then, as I'm sure you could have guessed COVID-19 happened.

We remained optimistic but knew deep down this trip wasn't going to happen as planned. A couple days ago we got at an email from Southwest stating that if we decided to still go to Florida on April 17th, we would need to self-quarantine in Florida for 14 days after landing. As silly as it might be, that's what it took for us to realize the USA isn't going to be in a safe place to fly when we are planning our trip and thus, the rescheduling began.

With that being said, let me introduce you to us!
Myself: Emily, 5th-grade teacher, loves all things Disney, used to work at the Animal Kingdom, big fan of eating around the world in EPCOT.
Bf: Nate, cook, loves disc golf and pokemon but has also watched Frozen 2 multiple times with me. He has never been to Disney before but super excited.

IMG_5923.JPG
C5AC1524-2945-4D8B-BDEA-E42F7757DB34.JPG

^Yup that's us.

We will now be going down to Disney June 22-29th 2020. 🤞
We will be staying at Coronado Springs but this time we were able to get a King Bed preferred room! We are in the process of making ADR's now. So far we got Boma and Oga's Cantina again! We are looking to add two more ADRs (maybe tusker house?). Our goal is one character breakfast which can be at the parks or a resort as long as it's early and one more sit down meal, most likely at either MK or DAK since we will be snacking throughout EPCOT. We are open to suggestions!

Our Fastpass window now actually opens during the time our original trip was going to take place. Hopefully, we have the same luck we did the first time around. Seeing the great reviews of MMRR, we might try to get that FastPass instead of the falcon.

And that's all we know right now! If you have suggestions for us feel free to leave a comment on how to make this trip even more magical! We are not looking forward to the crowds and Florida heat at the end of June but we are so grateful we were able to reschedule and still spend time together in Disney.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello beautiful people!

We have officially postponed our perfect trip for a couple of months. Everything was exactly how we wanted it. Wee planned out which Flower and Garden snacks we wanted. We got all the fast passes we needed by waking up at the crack of dawn (FOP, Slinky, Mine Train, Falcon). All our dining was set including Oga's Cantina, Boma, and Tusker House on Animal Kingdom's Anniversary. We were staying at Coronado Springs, my favorite resort. But then, as I'm sure you could have guessed COVID-19 happened.

We remained optimistic but knew deep down this trip wasn't going to happen as planned. A couple days ago we got at an email from Southwest stating that if we decided to still go to Florida on April 17th, we would need to self-quarantine in Florida for 14 days after landing. As silly as it might be, that's what it took for us to realize the USA isn't going to be in a safe place to fly when we are planning our trip and thus, the rescheduling began.

With that being said, let me introduce you to us!
Myself: Emily, 5th-grade teacher, loves all things Disney, used to work at the Animal Kingdom, big fan of eating around the world in EPCOT.
Bf: Nate, cook, loves disc golf and pokemon but has also watched Frozen 2 multiple times with me. He has never been to Disney before but super excited.

View attachment 458707View attachment 458708
^Yup that's us.

We will now be going down to Disney June 22-29th 2020. 🤞
We will be staying at Coronado Springs but this time we were able to get a King Bed preferred room! We are in the process of making ADR's now. So far we got Boma and Oga's Cantina again! We are looking to add two more ADRs (maybe tusker house?). Our goal is one character breakfast which can be at the parks or a resort as long as it's early and one more sit down meal, most likely at either MK or DAK since we will be snacking throughout EPCOT. We are open to suggestions!

Our Fastpass window now actually opens during the time our original trip was going to take place. Hopefully, we have the same luck we did the first time around. Seeing the great reviews of MMRR, we might try to get that FastPass instead of the falcon.

And that's all we know right now! If you have suggestions for us feel free to leave a comment on how to make this trip even more magical! We are not looking forward to the crowds and Florida heat at the end of June but we are so grateful we were able to reschedule and still spend time together in Disney.
Congrats on the June trip! I will be cancelling mine next week sometime. Our first day was April 3. So sad but no it isn’t happening.

macefamily

Condolences to all who have all had to cancel or postpone. I hope Disney marks these cancellations and does a little something extra special for them when rescheduling. They deserve some Disney Magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom