A polynesian christmas race report!

imagination30

Original Poster
Hi, there gang , lets get this report started pics will be added when we get them upload! , but Hold on , bc here we Go! ..... .. ,
where : Polynesian village
when : Jan7-12

weds night we drove down to birmingham alabama , and got a hotel ... so we could catch our 630 flight to the most magical place on earth. , so we got up at 4 am to make our way to the air port , got checked in and on though security with out no problems . so we were hungry befor going to our gate .. i stoped and got a starbucks .. turkey bacon egg white and a cameral moca . then off to the gate .. we boarded the plane .. and it was a no eventful fllight , even though we arrived 15 mins early at our gate.. , so we hoped off the plane , boarded the tram , and headed striaght for the dme. we hit the dme at the right time , bc we were second in line for our bus . and it went fairly quick .. besides all the tour groups where at pop and the values .. , so we were on to the poly .. , we were the second stop .. which wasnt bad. once we got to the poly . we checked in our room was ready - Atoreta ( sp) Lagoon view and a awesome veiw of the castle.. so i woke up to that everymorning , more on that later in the report. , so we put our bags way and headed to the expo.. , while waiting for the bus . we meet angela from ohio , we would wind up hanging out all weekend. , we got to the expo ... and we about got ran over by strollers .. lol seriously .. , but after doing alot of walking .. we got our stuff. and shoped and stuff.. angela said her good byes for now .. but we would see her alot more later .. , so after the expo . we went back to the resort and changed and went looking at the christmas decor. hoping they still had the ginger bread house up at the grand , went over there but sadly they did not. , so we got ready and headed to disney springs .. bc we had tickets for Ciqure : La nuba. so we were were trying to find new places to eat this trip .. so we walked and found Parideso 37... that place is so cool .. we were seated by the water .. it was so fun.. , I had the surf and turf , Mom had the burrito and dad had the burrito. , but it was so good. after we ate we looked for desset.. we seattled for the gelto place .. it was sweet.. , and so we headed to the the tent .. bc it was about time for the show .. I recommend if you havent seen any cirque show you must Go .. bc this was our first time and we loved it! .... Sensory overload , so much to keep up with .. but we had a great time and perfect way to start our trip .. when we got back to the resort the Disney magic of christmas ( resort wise ) was being taking down.. , but the big suprise was yet to come ... so stay tuned.. Day 2--- disney springs part 2 and a hoilday sandwich that will make you slap your mom!!

imagination30

Original Poster
Day 2-
so here we are again ... no parks until after the race.. . so we decided to go to disney springs part 2 ... and so we headed off .. got to disney springs the area was packed ... bc of race weekend . but such is life.. so we decided to find a place to eat ,so we decided to try earl of sandwiches , heard good things but hadnt tryed it , when we got in the line was all the way back almost the store next door .. we got up to order ... I had the hoilday turkey , mom had the full mont. and i dont remeber what dad had , but the hoilday turley was awesome! .... i loved it .. , my parents tried but they didnt like it as much .. . after lunch we headed over to find dessert .. , and man did we ever .. we hit up erin mkinnon ny bakery.. wow! ... I had the butter pancake with maple cupcake.. yes please!! ... and dad had the choclate gultin ree bread with strawberry in the middle.. so after walking around a few more hours we decided to turn in and watch wishes from our resort.. and get ready for the race in the morning.. so we called it a night .. got good luck texts and headed to bed! ... up bright and early .. bc tomorrows race say:) --Day 3-- disney magic and wdw half and crowded parks!

imagination30

Original Poster
sorry for the lag guys , but i had to work sunday for a friend , so thats kinda puit me behind ... so here we go.. the disney magic at its best.. -
Day 3 - the day had fianlly come .. and man was i in for a treat. seeing christmas at disney was the best , but what was in store for me was icing on the cake. , so I set my alarm for 1:45 , and we were up and on the morail at 3 .. like normal , ( for break fast i got me a parfait from captin cooks , and ate a banana , and a smart water..) so off we go. steped out side and wow . it was kinda cooler than 2014. which ment better running weather for me .. and very , very foogy!!which made this race this even more enjoyable.. , but i was in corral D! , we epcot , and passed by mk and wow! .. i was like a kid in a candy store!. i was so excited! ... , but epcot was jumpin ... it was so awesome to be back in the magic and the most awesome race ever.. , so i was determined to beat my time from 2014 .. even though moms like just have fun .. , i still had that sour taste in the back of my mind! .. lol.. but i did notice ... how tthe early corrals this year were smaller.. which made it easy to manover!... so it was time to start .. fire works , and everything .. we were off... I felt good .. the first few miles ,, even though my shoe kept coming untied.. , i took pics of the mile markers this time .. it was so much fun to see everything i missed the first time .. bc it was my first time .. but this time i was just out to have fun.. but I hit mile one about 15 something .. i was like awesome i got this.. then mile 2 ... then before you knoew it we were heading in to the mk ... I hit 26:04, which was good ... and we came though the mk and i stoped and took a pic of the castle in the fog .. it was so foggy it was awesome .. and then the magic ... that will bring a tear your eye and ( yes i almost did ) .. just bc it has been on my bucket list.. , but the tree was amazing.. and being able to the see the caslt lights was sweet .. going though tommorrow land passing the castle i got a little chocked up!.. but i was happy! ... but we passed mike and sully.. and then on around past mad hatter tea party where i spoted character shot i havent got before so i stoped and got my pic with the queen of hearts and tweedle dee and dum. and then i ran under the frozen caslte .. , then though the caslte i went ... i was like this is christmas so i got my pic made in front of the castle.. and then i was booking it feeling good .. , by that ttime i was out of the mk .. ans we pased the dj on the road .. and hes like its 6:30ish and youve just made it though the mk .. i was like wow ! ... i was making time .. , by this time i had hit 10k at 55: 04, so by this time we had passed the grand flordian , got a high five from the mary popin penguin . ( oh and by the way i ran all the way until mile 10 ... thats how cool the weather was. ) we had passed the poly .. and we were on our way passed stitch i was going to stop .. bc there wasnt much of a line , but i oped out.. by this time we had hit the back side of the old speedway. and im use to it being some what light when i run back there it was very dark .. so we hit mile 9 which is fun ..bc you can look over and see mile 4ish i think it is? , and it neat to see all the people ... and about mile 9 . i meet a guy from boston and we got to talking .. it was very fun.. so hit mile 10 .. again ... thi si where your like i dont want it to end.. , your having so muh fun.. , some where in there i hit the 15k : 1:23:31 ... i was like yes i got this .. i can go under 2... i was feeling good . by this time hit mile 11 .. on the way to epcot ... love the cartoons on the bigscreen at this point ... and the dj when you make your decent in to epcot.. but hit world show case .. the loop , and sadly i had seen character pics of the genie that a friend had posted but he wasnt out when i came thoug i guess i was way early.. , but here comes the kick .. and this year i actully had a kick bc of the cool weather. , passed the gospel choir.. , and the works .. saying your almost there ... came in tot he parking lot and i kicked it .. , got a high five from goofy.. and heard my name being called ( first time ive heard that.) hit the finish at 2:00:02 , just a second shy of going under .. , gosh ... but mom said i shaved 5 seconds off my 2014 race.. i finidshed in 2014 : 2:05 , got my meadal .. meet my parents got pics with doopy, and pulto . and then headed back to the resort to eat breakfast and rest .. had bounty patter , 2 choclate milks , smart water ( do see a trend herelol) , and a choclate croosiant .. , then we went rested then after that we went to AK .. rode everst, and watched lion king , and then haeaded to epoct.. where we did nothing but finds food at liberty inn and then went back to the room , bc it was so crowded! ... sounds about pare for the course this trip!-----stay tuned ... --Day 4- Magic kingdom day..

imagination30

Original Poster
DSC00199.JPG
DSC00191.JPG
DSC00174.JPG
DSC00178.JPG
DSC00221.JPG
DSC00206.JPG

imagination30

Original Poster
day 4- sunday was Mk day all day. which was fine by me .. bc honestly Mk is my fav. park ... , but today was kinda like christmas just do as much as you can... bc its so crowded type of day.. so we decided to hit the fast pass kisok after we took in the christmas decor on mainstreet and took pics . , so i wanted seven dawfs ... fp but by the time we got to mk ... they were already out so we just winged that one.. , more on that in a min. but we got fp for hm, and the parade( which we didnt use ) , but after ourt fap we went to hm . and that ones allways a good one , even if you get stuck , everytime like we mange too.. lol .. but this time we got stuck in a diffrent spot.. hurry for diffrent spots! ... , then we headed over to seven d.. mom and i rode it! ... stood in like for about 80ish mins .. and it was awesome .. i loved it .. since it was cold that day the wind was very crisp... i ended up riding it again .... after mom and dad left me by my self in Mk and went back to the resort. , but then i roade big thunder .. again another good one to ride when its cold.. , to bad i didnt get to ride in in the dark this time .. , then we tried some where new for lunch .. we ate at liberty tavern... , with a reservation , dad really loved it , and held it to high standerds the rest of the trip ... dad had the turkey , mom and i both had the fish and chips... and they were good! ...while eating we saw the festival of fantiasy prade go by.. , then after lunch mom and dad went shopping then they left .. i roade seven d again... i wanted to go ride space mt. but didnt get over there ... , but i ended the might with churros ... and a very cold and nice boat ride back to the poly. = up next day 5- hollywood studios, the star wars craze and lunch in the 50's..
DSC00283.JPG
DSC00285.JPG
DSC00289.JPG
DSC00297.JPG
DSC00270.JPG

imagination30

Original Poster
day 5- Holly wood studios , and the day that no one likes there last full day at Disney , ( tech not true in our case , since we didn't fly out until 530) , but still . , so we hit Hollywood studios about 9 ish or so right when It opened ...so we had lunch res. for prime time .... so we had a hour with our first fast pass ... we did star tours... , always love this ride .. but it was a first for mom ... ( since she seen the movie ) but the new scene's from the force awken's where amazing.. so after the ride ... it was time to make our way over the echo lake for our resev. , and crazy enough but it was cool they were still playing Christmas music at Hollywood .. making our way over to echo , we stoped and looked at the Osborne lights .. and looked at all the Christmas décor. , so we headed over to prime we got seated a little early.. the experience was great. , we all had moms favs.. and we all loved it! ... , and for desert .. I had the famous pb& J milk shake , and dad had the pinapple upside down cake. after lunch we head over to get rare character pics , we got mike and sully ... that was a fun interaction .. , then after that dad and I went to the path of the Jedi movie thing .. which was awesome .. , after we hit that we went and looked at toy story.. it was like a 2 hour wait.. , so we passed until later on.. , Dad and I hit star wars lauch bay... , yes its amazing.. and so we had a fast pass for rock and roller coaster we went over there and it was down ... and they where sayting to come back later on to ride it , but we were planning on going back to the resort to watch the Alabama / Clemson National champion ship game. , so we didn't get to ride rock and roller this time .. so we decided to hit toy story again .. and see ... dad and I waited ... mom ditched us in line .. so dad and I rode it ... right before it was to ride at 7.
so as we got out of toystory.. , we walked right in to the dance party with rare characters.. I got pics of white rabitt . and some others.. an pics of the old mgm .. and stuff we shoped hd to use the last of my Christmas Disney gift cards.. , and then we left went back to the room , and watched the game.. ( well sorta , I didn't watch the first half , I called my friend ;) and then I watched wishes from the our room..

oh and yes when we first got to Hollywood , I had to go to starring rolls and get me some goodies , bc everytime we have ben they have been closed .. so I got me * smart water * , chocolate crossiant , and the famous butterfinger cupcake.. and yumm... ( for the record I dr
DSC00317.JPG
DSC00306.JPG
DSC00312.JPG
ank like 5 smart waters the whole trip! , or more!

imagination30

Original Poster
day 6- the goodbyes and resort hopping... - so today was the day no really likes .. its the day the magic ends and you come back to reality. , but atleast for us we didnt fly out until 530 so we had some more time in the magic , unitl about 230 when the dme picked us ... so we made res. for breakfast and Kona cafe .. ( it must be something about breakfast o n the last day) , bc we did it in 2014 t grand flordian cafe as well.. , but we orderd break fast .. i had the big kouna ... , it ws very good , sad to day i only had tonga toast one time this trip ... , but after breakfast we took our bags to the sitline check in desk and then we hoped on the monarail for one last ride.. , and resort hoped. . that was so much fun .. first resort we hoped to was the one mom really liked and that we stayed at in 2014 .. the grand flordian ... , did some looking around .. , this resort is so pretty. , then the next one on our loop was the contempary ( mom say we are trying this resort next when we come back to disney in the future. ) but i had seen it in 2010. so it wasnt really that new to me .. but mom really liked it.. we took pics and then got on the monrail and headed back to the poly for our bus to pick us up for the Mco.. once we got to mco .. we mad a dash for the foodcourt ... bc this time it was almost 3ish .. so mom and dad had mc donalds .. and I had Chick - fila .. and yes i broke the rule i had sweet tea.. oh yes! ... then we got lucky enough to have pre- tsa .. so we really didnt have to do nothing ..dad stuck up a conversation with a guy about the bama game the night before.. , so yeah,. , but we landed in birmingham at 640ish ... text my friend told her we had landed , but didnt get home till about 9 due to traffic in birmingham ... but the cool thing was leaving orlando we were on a plane full of Alabama fans coming back from the game in Az. so that was kinda neat!..
DSC00339.JPG
DSC00201.JPG
DSC00336.JPG
DSC00360.JPG
DSC00333.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom