A Pirates of the Caribbean Makeover Brainstorm

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
So after the video just got out on Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates, I thought it'd be cool to see what we can learn and use from this new version of the attraction to improve the WDW version.

(Sorry for the background comments, best quality of the video I could dig up :bookworm:)

So, here's the blueprint we're dealing with...

PiratesOfTheCaribbean_zps40c5d127.jpg

Any ideas everyone? I'm thinking the Skeleton to Jack effect for some pirates or some background projections could go a long way.:D

@spacemt354 @Voxel @disneydf @IAmNotAHufflepuff @The90skid

spacemt354

Chili's
So after the video just got out on Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates, I thought it'd be cool to see what we can learn and use from this new version of the attraction to improve the WDW version.

(Sorry for the background comments, best quality of the video I could dig up :bookworm:)

So, here's the blueprint we're dealing with...

PiratesOfTheCaribbean_zps40c5d127.jpg

Any ideas everyone? I'm thinking the Skeleton to Jack effect for some pirates or some background projections could go a long way.:D

@spacemt354 @Voxel @disneydf @IAmNotAHufflepuff @The90skid

I would like to see the battle scene between the two ships where Barbosas ship is now

Other than that I have no clue :p feels like a ride based on the films whereas the continental versions shoehorn in the films.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
I would like to see the battle scene between the two ships where Barbosas ship is now

That would be spectacular! :D

Other than that I have no clue :p feels like a ride based on the films whereas the continental versions shoehorn in the films.

I think that's the challenge :p... I'd say your ship battle idea and treasure room jack would be a great way to keep that "shoehorn" the films part.

The rest I think we could really mess with the technology to add to the classic aspect of the attraction...Like the cave transition... I feel like we could use that with projector screens like Shanghai to make the cave feel larger then it really is... I feel Little things like that could really add to pirates.

Change the pirates and dog to the skeleton and make them tip over

The skeleton/jack effect is awesome! :D I feel like that could work well even in the finale.... Maybe the dog scene could turn into skeletons at the end with dead men tell no tales echoing as you depart the ride.... Just to fix that "story closure" pirates is missing on the east coast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom