A Pirate's Adventure - Treasures of the Seven Seas

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Ok, so I'm looking forward to playing Treasures of the Seven Seas. I've always wanted to play it, but never have. So, I'm setting some time aside for it. Now I know this has been discussed before, but do you or do you not get a FP for POTC when you've completed all 5 maps? I've heard people say so many different things, I'm starting to think that it all depends on the CM and the time of day. Also, I've heard that you only need to complete 2 maps and not 5. I've also heard they've quit awarding them. Just wondering what the deal is.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't know what the current policy is.

But POTC is so easy to get as a 4th, 5th, 9th FP. On Christmas Eve we had an FP for Jingle Cruise at around 5:30 maybe. On the way there, DS saw the posted standby wait time for POTC was about 20 minutes, or we could get an FP in 5 minutes. Walked there, walked straight through the FP line.

If you want to do the Adventure, then do it. No point in doing it only to get the FP imo.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I don't know what the current policy is.

But POTC is so easy to get as a 4th, 5th, 9th FP. On Christmas Eve we had an FP for Jingle Cruise at around 5:30 maybe. On the way there, DS saw the posted standby wait time for POTC was about 20 minutes, or we could get an FP in 5 minutes. Walked there, walked straight through the FP line.

If you want to do the Adventure, then do it. No point in doing it only to get the FP imo.
Oh yeah I totally agree. I plan on doing it regardless if I get a FP or not.

nickys

Premium Member
Oh yeah I totally agree. I plan on doing it regardless if I get a FP or not.

Ah, OK. :) Just making sure.

I see some posts from people who consider doing all sorts of stuff solely because of what they can get if they do it. And sometimes see the aftermath, when they didn't get what they were expecting! Is it wrong to laugh at that? :cool:

Cmdr_Crimson

Is this and SoMK still getting the crowds to play as much as they used to? You don't hear too much about it as much as you used to.

PorterRedkey

I believe the policy is: After completing 2 adventures you will receive a FP for each member of your party (within reason) for PotC, with no time restrictions - IF AVAILABLE. As it has been pointed out, it is often easy to obtain FPs to PotC and my wife and I got some when we completed the 2 Pirate tasks. YMMV on busier days.

It also closes at 6 on most nights so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Amos1784

I know this is an older thread but wanted to add to it. We were there over Thanksgiving when crowds were insane and even walking space at MK was at a minimum. While not open all day around 1-2 pm the Pirate Adventure opened, at this point all fast passes for Pirates were gone for the day and for the majority of other rides. With wait times in the 1-2 hour range for pretty much everything we took the opportunity to the the Pirates Adventure. We had a great time and we are two 30 somethings with no kids. You work your way around all of Adventureland and get to see parts I have never stepped foot in in 40+ trips. With that said even though fast passes were gone for the day we still received fast passes for Pirates after completion of 2 maps, it was a nice activity on a busy day and then got us the opportunity to ride the ride. Would highly recommend!

AME79

I think my kids would really like to do the missions, but they don't understand English. Is there a lot of talking? Will they be able to appreciate the Adventure if I translate for them or will they miss pretty much all the fun? Also, how long does it take to do all the missions? Thank you!

Amos1784

There definitely is talking, however the "clues" to take you to the next map location are symbols that are displayed, and there is a for lack of a better word "show" at each one of the stops. If you can translate the short bits of talking I think they would still love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom