A Pinocchio-themed flat ride for WDW's Magic Kingdom (open brainstorming)

mharrington

Original Poster
I've thought of doing a Pinocchio ride of some kind in the Magic Kingdom forever, but I don't think there is a lot of space for my elaborate, updated version of the dark ride from Disneyland. The potential location is over where the Speedway is, thus removing that attraction. As such, the space would probably only be enough for a large flat ride, something like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree or Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters. Another challenge is how to do something like it without moving the Village Haus, which is not really feasible, and besides I like the location. One thing I've thought of doing was to set up rocks around the area, which might also help make the transition between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland less jarring.

I thought of doing the ride like going into Geppetto's Workshop and riding in cars designed to look like toy versions of the characters (like the aforementioned Junkyard Jamboree), but again, I think it would be difficult to pull off without relocating the Village Haus, which would probably help, but again, it's not that feasible.

So the location would be over where the Speedway partially is, but what could be the theme be without the dark ride or Geppetto's Workshop theme, something else would need to happen.

What do you think could be done? Pleasure Island? Monstro the Whale? Those really are about the only two ideas I can think of for over in this area. It needs to be a flat ride, too.

EmFromPlanetEarth

phinoccios daring journey is only about .22 acres, so you could probably fit a version of it with a larger queue and maybe an additional show scene or two into the philharmagic building, even with a expansion of the Peter Pan ride.

Heppenheimer

How about a Pleasure Island themed helter-skelter? Guests could pass scenic dioramas as they slide down. It would also occupy a very small footprint.

Hourly rider capacity would probably be far too low, however.

Twilight_Roxas

What about as a suggestion a flat dark ride with the same upgrade as Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland, and Peter Pan Flight at Shanghai Disneyland?

Imagineer45

Princess Fairytale Hall is the perfect size for a Fantasyland dark ride and is sitting right there wasting valuable real estate...

A Pinocchio boat ride would also be neat.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Princess Fairytale Hall is the perfect size for a Fantasyland dark ride and is sitting right there wasting valuable real estate...

A Pinocchio boat ride would also be neat.
yeah! If they wanted fairytale hall they should have just put it in the gift shop next to where it is! Also I think philharmagic would be better for a larger dark ride, or just be left as it is. Not big enough for a trackless ride, at least not a big one, but just right for a large fantasyland dark ride, or a indoor wild mouse Rollercoaster! It would probably couldn’t be that tall, but definitely would work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom