A Pictorial Of An Abandoned Anaheim Resort District - How Does It Recover?

DrAlice

According to my doctor, I need to stop using raw egg whites in Whiskey Sours more than I need to limit my social exposure. Salmonella kills 450 Americans per year, even if the Whiskey Sour is top shelf.
Just a note from your friendly neighborhood microbiologist....

Salmonella is relatively sensitive to ethanol. I tried to find the exact numbers, but it took too long for creating a response to a Disney board 🤪 . However, I did find a paper where researchers showed that they could control Salmonella in poultry feed using ethanol: "Growth rate ...... was significantly reduced by addition of greater than 0.3% volume/volume of ethyl alcohol and growth was completely inhibited by addition of 5% ethyl alcohol."

So, the tldr here is that you should just make sure that your whiskey sours are strong and you'll be fine. :D

Ismael Flores

I briefly considered it, but there was no use in crossing the street. The big metal mesh gates were all closed at the pedestrian and vehicle entrances to Disneyland property off of Harbor. And the Disneyland Security Guards they had stationed there in their bright yellow vests were having such a nice time standing in close groups talking to each other about Not Social Distancing, I didn't want to bother them by having some random pedestrian walk up to their closed gates for photos. 🤣

You should have gone up to them and asked what time the 6pm parade started and while there asked them if they had heard of the 6’ minimum social distancing thing.
Even better if they got neAt you just yell out 6 FEET PEOPLE

Would have been fun to know how they reacted

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

I am surprised about the homeless people taking over the bus stops.
I heard from friends that live in downtown LA that during thIs situation that the homeless seem to be leaving the area because of the lack of people feeding them and giving them money .
In Riverside we are also seeing a reduction of homeless people.

TP2000

Original Poster
Just a note from your friendly neighborhood microbiologist....

Salmonella is relatively sensitive to ethanol. I tried to find the exact numbers, but it took too long for creating a response to a Disney board 🤪 . However, I did find a paper where researchers showed that they could control Salmonella in poultry feed using ethanol: "Growth rate ...... was significantly reduced by addition of greater than 0.3% volume/volume of ethyl alcohol and growth was completely inhibited by addition of 5% ethyl alcohol."

So, the tldr here is that you should just make sure that your whiskey sours are strong and you'll be fine. :D

Thank you, Doctor! That kind of explains why I'm still here causing a stir even after years of raw egg white consumption; I always use an extra shot of the good stuff in my Whiskey Sours.

TP2000

Original Poster
Well, SW Land looks the same as it did last summer.

What is that stuff at the entrances to frontier and tomorrow lands?

Yeah, Star Wars Land hasn't changed a bit. Maybe it's even a little bit livelier with more ducks around?

1PMXY4zTYq_19-CDs362twTPglXi1k1xtATS8rt1ArO96nHG3Wi2nb6e_UAYTtFVqOcE5yg-Q2-NKkXLIqbW8VMiFGOq6IPWVCVtPO7zmDFlctaNWglbJTqLGBfO6naV2WJjQKMdrqiU-abAGaY6trwJToGmHx_4NSISCuU6_2Oq5-w9-Xj0PlxPOeZnhHWIVfUR9WZlHDzBYzbQHKyiFoATyCPe0wH7cWhjPe1tG6NtZs5u8SZ5JnUV4az3RPVKbq6RfQg5ybG66i8lF2tFYU_dPnla7z_I87iw-1sJPiFgy1WGmeInobEWjW6kjHbXagKUmko1-ZyRa4rmN1CGGnyLyGnO-eZJXi8g-RWm_6CIYwdwNRtnZxGoQ4uoCnhYQHQUiOQmnAYrQQI5DlID0k7R1F92oINxkomKU3f8ZD_0P5Z2Ba_Tp-r4x2LqkdpTAesexud8RGYnSxEtWynEbZIoQ42a4X61kW9IeAtSCquwg7cUc1HY1X-rKz2OqfMzNJLJXZgprMrMQlxqNkTrQSGE3SUKiO2nuWu-CcOohNWUIRHYs31VXs_Z7ZO3MOt9w0VdsjNZ-s5sPTCEYtEqAQHG9yktal9OtVB0Nn3XLFcNZNT8_iW1JHPUOpTv6HZUkKTB8vcyo-3kuffzehNkByFbzYjAWW7OQzWh-VTnwUEhmTUJJrpMEELMrPGapkF7c9JLIaF_TxmOHMeVMvXoIyklcjNk-nzPlol_ZySjEWkqNOD97Y05pNnK=w1146-h744-no

The white tarps on the ground in front of Tomorrowland and Frontierland are repaving projects. But it looks like they were put on hold because the construction crews have to obey Social Distancing rules that the Disneyland Security team is immune to.

uXp9CR4W21xek_9zFYrvmN3WSFaZZmCK2arXEI67F63h8GRXOeHVTG5TxjY-lpN4GnRiavP3ENRDi-gKjDSekjYhyRaIX3IufChOoHukMek_g4uK9dkLJqiNJJ95cnZdiBUG4X7r_1P0KwkSZRVRSPTyy2rXrnV_puVYE4E_ZQV_kB7fkWVS18bN6Tl9T1fu6MDMKsBxCwn-63fCVAhwcUP9huI9GjYLmS4RsFraQVOgn6OKsPyH1m8HmBywDIfdzAgEeo616QRkRgtAokJAt2S2XQLcsNbrRnKo-qvmtf-VXThHZgRps-T1RyX-1G2WvSMdsPj_n_FmDiCDWfmyH4tRCDz8Ycrtklws8I8TncgD_ZajRQVFEYaTstvLP8vn80EWBzghFg6_SzUgh7MbcQce_jtZh74D3CcViJw8T8kwyJ0mst0m8UojmjOnNTker020A4ToWG0L1M8mRAiFSdRQwa9-R2-zV_Em5cVy3yAYq-8Z-_KPaROEIJtsQygjGsO9PBg-TPckdtG7czPUBUbU_uv3HK3FM7ddzOlfjyNhQ3USnbzEYEDwiUZxmD1qYPXzAh1sUbBI8EN58hnv2WrTeLBUmsdEm710rl35ogs3X_PQfJYBWi2F6CiOXJA3P74miLHDLZusWc5YndIKcIXYNN59qhyPybohPUQ4SI6DHkNHfurfSWOtf41IC9CUrR-d1hjtqXHrdvHNaqbfh2-meSNkuDl_R9XDkf0IFpHlfE7eh0XSUeWC=w1476-h744-no

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

TP2000

Original Poster
We used to go to Mimi's until the food and menu changed. We haven't been back since. We didn't know they were bought by a different food chain. Maybe we should go back?

You should. The Bob Evans disaster is over and they cut their losses and took their goopy country gravy and corporate mindset back to Ohio five years ago. Mimi's Cafe, those that are still open after Bob Evans killed a bunch of them off, is much like its old self again.

Oooooh but those socks.....:oops:…...overkill......:rolleyes:

Before you leave the house you should always take one thing off. Your point is well taken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom