Pre-Trip A (NOT SO) well planned family affair- September 2017

--- Well this was supposed to be a family trip but when you start plannning over a year in advance, things come up! So it's just me and my #1 (Billy), Celebrating our 4th anniversary :inlove:

For details on how everything came to be, you can read below ;):D

Who: Myself (Ciara), my boyfriend (Billy)

STUDIO_HBDIRECTORICONNC_7466888756.jpeg

Where: Pop century!

When: September 13th-22nd

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
We love planning too! We've already selected what we want to eat at each restaurant :cool: If anyone who doesn't "get" Disney knew the massive amounts of intricate planning that we put into our trips, they would think we had lost our minds. Maybe we have? :D Have a fantastic trip!

I honestly feel that planning is one of the best parts! Its fun to imagine your dream vacation and actually make the plans to make it happen! Maybe were crazy but we also have some AWESOME trips :D:D

Ciara

Original Poster
The days go fast girl! I booked at 266 days out and I feel like the time is going so fast! It'll be here before I know it! Congrats on booking!!!!

I hope they do! I know we will be at a year in no time but those rainy winter months go SLOW here haha

IM SO EXCITED :D:D actually booking is like the best feeling ever!

Your trip is getting so close!!!

Ciara

Original Poster
YAY! You're going back!!! When we were going in November our trip was almost 600 days away!! now we're only 10 months out, so I that's much better :)

can't wait to read along!

Yes! We had to haha, since we have been back all we could talk about was going again! Its SO far out lol every time i think about it i look like this :eek: hopefully it will go by fast! 10 months seems much more reasonable haha

Planning is half the fun! I have spreadsheets... and more spreadsheets... lol! By the time we arrive I just want to relax and not have to make any decisions!

Is it too much to say planning is my favorite part? haha just kidding but almost! Lots of planning leads to lots of fun and a great trip!

Ciara

Original Poster
Ciara!

I read your last trip report and loved it. Can't wait to follow along with this one!

YAY! Im so happy to hear you liked my last TR! This one will hopefully be even better :D Thanks for following along!

So excited you're going back! That will be fun going with your parents :) It's fun to share the magic!!

We're planning for next fall as well, but probably October. I wish our trips overlapped!

ME too! You have no idea, its like i feel complete with a trip planned haha :rolleyes: It should be fun having them along for a couple days! The eating especially as they are more adventurous eaters than my picky boyfriend :p They are pretty Disney crazy too so its like a whole bunch of magic.

October will be nice though. A bit cooler i would hope. Would be so fun to have trips overlap! I would really really love to go around food and wine with some other members. I enjoyed your recent Disneyland photos on IG by the way :D:D

sheriffwoody

ME too! You have no idea, its like i feel complete with a trip planned haha :rolleyes: It should be fun having them along for a couple days! The eating especially as they are more adventurous eaters than my picky boyfriend :p They are pretty Disney crazy too so its like a whole bunch of magic.

October will be nice though. A bit cooler i would hope. Would be so fun to have trips overlap! I would really really love to go around food and wine with some other members. I enjoyed your recent Disneyland photos on IG by the way :D:D

That is EXACTLY the feeling! Something just doesn't feel right when there's not an upcoming trip to think about :joyfull:. I'm not sure it will be cooler in October, but one can dream :hilarious:. Also glad you enjoyed the Disneyland photos! Can't beat a Disney day.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Planning is half the fun! I have spreadsheets... and more spreadsheets... lol! By the time we arrive I just want to relax and not have to make any decisions!
Glad to know I'm not the only one who makes spreadsheets for Disney! :joyfull::joyfull:

The days go fast girl! I booked at 266 days out and I feel like the time is going so fast! It'll be here before I know it! Congrats on booking!!!!

I agree. When I first booked, it was well over 150 days out and now that it's at 65(!) it feels so much closer!!

Ciara

Original Poster
436 days out... I have been so excited ever since we booked, this is going to be a loooooooong 436 days :hilarious:

We have been talking with my parents a ton about hotel choices, they are getting ready to book soon, I reminded them that POFQ isn't usually included in the dining plan so maybe they would like to rethink their choice. They also said they would really like to stay at the same hotel so everyone is together. They have stayed at POP before and are okay with that choice but i know they would really love to stay at a moderate, especially if my grams ends up coming. My mom has a strange hatred for Riverside, so we have been talking about everyone staying at Coronado springs. Its an extra $300 roughly for the whole trip for billy and I. That seems like nothing now that i am typing this but the other day when we were researching we both looked like this :eek: Billy says "think of how many drinks/beers you can buy with $300" Haha. We have a long time to save and staying 10 days i really feel like we would appreciate the moderate. Do you think the upgrade is worth it? Stay tuned! Decision will be made soon :D

After reading many amazing trip reports, i have decided on our very first ADR! Not that i can actually reserve yet haha. Drumroll please.... GARDEN GRILL! I think everyone will love this meal. The food, the setting, the characters. Its just too perfect!

Cowboy Steve

After reading many amazing trip reports, i have decided on our very first ADR! Not that i can actually reserve yet haha. Drumroll please.... GARDEN GRILL! I think everyone will love this meal. The food, the setting, the characters. Its just too perfect!

We ate at the Garden Grill many trips ago and LOVED it! There are so many good restaurants at EPCOT we haven't been able to make a return trip yet... but we will get back there!

Courtney6682

436 days out... I have been so excited ever since we booked, this is going to be a loooooooong 436 days :hilarious:

My mom has a strange hatred for Riverside, so we have been talking about everyone staying at Coronado springs. I

I'm with mom about POR, it did nothing for me....idk...to each their own, right?;)

Love GG! Im a HUGE Epcot fan...so for me, what could be better than eating a salad that was GROWN THERE?! LOL:eek:

Ciara

Original Poster
I'm with mom about POR, it did nothing for me....idk...to each their own, right?;)

Love GG! Im a HUGE Epcot fan...so for me, what could be better than eating a salad that was GROWN THERE?! LOL:eek:

It would make more sense if she had actually stayed there! Haha. I think she just has her heart in French Quarter :inlove:

Right?! I cannot wait for that! Living with the land has become one of my favorite rides as well, its just exciting all around!

Ciara

Original Poster
We have made a decision andddddddddddd we are staying at........ CORONADO SPRINGS!!! Wooohooo! I am very excited to stay somewhere new :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My mom has started getting into the planning as well and hopefully very soon she will have her and my daddio's dates nailed down. We have also started talking more about ADR's we want to do, its never tooo soon right ;)

prfctlyximprct

We have made a decision andddddddddddd we are staying at........ CORONADO SPRINGS!!! Wooohooo! I am very excited to stay somewhere new :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My mom has started getting into the planning as well and hopefully very soon she will have her and my daddio's dates nailed down. We have also started talking more about ADR's we want to do, its never tooo soon right ;)

Can't wait to hear all about CORONADO! That's where I was debating staying, either that or Port Orleans Riverside. I heard you can't go wrong with either, so Coronado is one my next trip list! So happy for you! Pre trip dancing! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom