Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Great job Hope!!!

Thank you!

Wow! I am so impressed with Hope! Good luck Hope!

Thanks! Fingers crossed!

That was amazing - thanks for sharing it! You and Ross must be incredibly proud 🙂

Excellent job!

Thank you!

GREAT JOB HOPE!!!!

Thank you!

She’s incredible!!! Great job, Hope!!!

Thanks so much!

Another Hope fan here!

Shhhhhh... She may want her own fan club! lol

Where do we sign up to Vote for Hope?!?! She did an amazing job! :joyfull:

Thank you! No voting. Legoland just picks who they want. There were 450 entries from 7 states - you had to live within 100 miles of Goshen, NY. They will annouce the 5 winners on February 28th.

Beyond amazing!!!!

Thanks!!!

Wow...Hope's video was amazing. Make sure you let us know the outcome of her audition!

Thank you so much! They announce the winners February 28th - I will definitely let you guys know!

Her audition is fantastic!! Great job Hope !

Thanks so much!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Ok guys, the moment you've all been waiting for... Get your popcorn and PF Chang's ready cause here we go...

Day 12 Monday September 17, 2018

Originally, this was supposed to be an all day MK day, but the girls wanted to go back to AK because we didn’t get to go on the safari, so we switched up our plans. I had to cancel out all our FP’s for MK and rearrange them to AK.

Today was also supposed to an early day – but you know how we roll… We all overslept and our early morning changed into a lazy morning. I went to get breakfast from the food court and brought it back while everyone was getting ready. I told everyone to have a nice breakfast because tonight’s dinner was an ADR for Ohanna and I thought it would be a good idea not to over eat during the day so we would be hungry by dinner.

We finally headed for the bus at 10:30.

I was excited to see this bus pull up for us. I was looking forward to seeing the movie. (I still haven’t seen it! Lol)

We arrived at AK around 11:00.

As we wandered into the park, we got to see Devine.

I was able to get a FP for Dinosaur so we went there first.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Then we decided to see FOTLK again

Ross was picked to lead the elephant section. It was hilarious!

After FOTLK, we walked over to Pandora to get a return time for FOP. Before we left Pandora, we got a treat. We got the pineapple spring rolls and 2 of the Night Blossoms. We enjoyed the spring rolls, but LOVED the Night Blossom – it was so yummy.

As we were walking around, Ross spotted a cart selling the infamous Crocs! He walked over to the CM working there and asked a few questions. Basically, he told her his dilemma and asked her opinion if they could be returned. She was less than hopeful. She told him that they were pretty strict about the 30 return policy. In addition, he needed a receipt and a manager’s approval. He thanked her and she wished him good luck! He looked a little sad after their conversation.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We had a FP for Everest so we headed over to ride.

By now, it was 2:00 and I was ready to leave AK and hop over to MK. The girls and Ross wanted to ride FOP so I conceded.

Hope has an issue with the preshow. If she doesn’t get a clear view of the avatar screen, she gets so upset – like a worried upset. I don’t know if she thinks that she wouldn’t be able to ride if she can’t hook up with an avatar? So in the first room, she did okay – she had a clear view. But when we walked into the second area, we were in the back row and there was a woman standing in front of her. She started to go a little crazy. I explained it didn’t matter where she stood ad I suggested that she take a couple of steps over where she would be able to see better, but she didn’t want to step off the number. The woman in front of us realized what happening and offered for Hope to stand on her number. Usually, I would just tell Hope to deal, but I didn’t want her to be distracting to the others, so I was very grateful to the woman.

As we exited the ride, Julia once again contemplated adopting that banshee, but again decided against it.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I was so ready to leave, but we were all a little hungry. Since we were in Pandora, Ross suggested that we go into Satu’li Canteen for a quick bite. I was hesitant. I wanted everyone hungry for Ohanna but I also didn’t want anyone getting that hangry feeling, so I just asked if we could split something. Everyone agreed. I suggested to Ross that I mobile order, but he was dead set against it. I have no idea why – says he rather get in line and talk to a human. The line was a bit immense and since I was really wanting to leave AK, I was not so happy.

Once we got to the front of the line, the idea of splitting a meal went out the window along with mobile ordering. Julia saw a dish with shrimp and Ross thought the cheeseburger pods sounded good. I asked if we could split those 2 meals, but the original plan to get the chicken and beef bowl was not laving Ross’ brain. So we ended up with a ton of food.

When we finished ordering our meals, Julia pipes up with, “What about dessert?” I didn’t think it was a good idea, but she really wanted to try the “blue puffy thing” she saw pictures of. I gave up and ordered it only to have her ask, “Is it chocolate?” No - it’s not chocolate – but they do have a chocolate dessert. So yes, we ended up with both.

After we paid, Ross suggested the girls and I go get a table. It was busy and he didn’t want to be walking around with a huge tray of food. So I walked over to the table section only to be stopped by a CM who wouldn’t let me pass without food. I showed him my receipt and pointed to Ross who was waiting for the food and told him I was going to get us settled in a seat. He finally let us pass and it was a good thing, because it took us quite a bit to find a space for us.

The food was okay, but I really didn’t enjoy it. I think I was too concerned with our O’hanna dinner. I thought we were finally out of there, but Julia really wanted to ride Dinosaur one more time. So off we went.

This is our pic from earlier in the day.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
After that, Ross and Julia went to ride Space Mountain, while Hope and I went to Dumbo. She ended up playing a while in the playground before we rode.

Ross met back up with us and Julia wanted to see Monsters. Ross was beyond thrilled because he was picked for “that guy”.

By now, it was about 7:30 and our ADR was for 8:00pm. So we headed out and over to the Poly. Ross wasn’t feeling so good. His stomach was bothering him. He thought it was the food from Pandora. I wasn’t sure, but then Julia said her stomach didn’t feel too good either and later that night, my stomach also started to turn.

Dinner was OK. We ended up seating next to the table where the girls and I had breakfast. The service was better than our breakfast but not the greatest. The food was yummy, but I think our huge meal at AK ruined it a little.

Ross actually still felt sick, so just as I had worried, dinner was a little disappointing.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
By 10:30 we were back at POP. We got the girls settled into bed and then made the walk down to the food court. We filled our mugs, paid our bill and then came the moment I had been dreading for most of the past year.

We walked in and he asked if I would go with him to the register. I said, “No way! You are on your own!” I found a nice “hiding” place adjacent to the register area nestled between two displays of pins, key chains and kitchen magnets.

He walked up to a register and spoke to a CM. He was cool and collective. He asked to speak to a manager. The poor CM asked if there was anything she could help him with and he said no – he would need a manager. So the CM got on the phone to call one over.

Soon the manager approached him and asked how he could be of help.

I held my breath.

What would he say? How would he say it? Would he tell the truth? Would the manager laugh right in his face?

I stood paralyzed, pressing up against my shelter, trembling in my nervousness, trying not to knock over all of the Mickey waffle kitchen magnets.

I watched as Ross began to tell the story of the Crocs. He relived the entire story. He told the manager about that sad day in EPCOT when Julia stomped on his beloved sandal, pulling it apart beyond repair. He confessed how he tried to staple it back together, but couldn’t fix it. He admitted to buying them in desperation because he had no other shoes to wear during the last day of vacation and finally he explained how they ripped his feet apart and he could not wear them.

The manager’s face showed that he was listening intently. He stood sternly with his arms folded and one hand under his chin. Ever once in a while he would nod but didn’t say much – he just listened. The young CM who was also listening to the exchange has a look of sheer disbelief on her face.

After Ross was done with his pleading his case, I saw the manager say a few words to him and walk away. The CM handed Ross a piece of paper, at which time, he turned to me and motioned for me to come over.

I crept up next to him as the manager was walking back over with a pair of Crocs from the selling floor. He shook Ross’ hand and thanked him for being his candor and honesty. He told us to have a good night and to enjoy the rest of our trip. Ross filled out the form...

...and was handed this.

It was for the full amount of the Crocs. He gave it to me and said to add it to Julia and Hope’s spending money.

As we started to leave, the CM handed him the Crocs!! We looked at each other completely puzzled and he said to her, “I think you need these.” She looked at him in a confused way and replied, “Oh Yeah, I guess I do.” Truth be told, I don’t think she wanted to touch them! lol

He was beaming with satisfaction and as we headed back to the room, he said to me, “See, good vibes!”

krisri18

By 10:30 we were back at POP. We got the girls settled into bed and then made the walk down to the food court. We filled our mugs, paid our bill and then came the moment I had been dreading for most of the past year.

View attachment 349098

We walked in and he asked if I would go with him to the register. I said, “No way! You are on your own!” I found a nice “hiding” place adjacent to the register area nestled between two displays of pins, key chains and kitchen magnets.

He walked up to a register and spoke to a CM. He was cool and collective. He asked to speak to a manager. The poor CM asked if there was anything she could help him with and he said no – he would need a manager. So the CM got on the phone to call one over.

View attachment 349099

Soon the manager approached him and asked how he could be of help.

I held my breath.

What would he say? How would he say it? Would he tell the truth? Would the manager laugh right in his face?

I stood paralyzed, pressing up against my shelter, trembling in my nervousness, trying not to knock over all of the Mickey waffle kitchen magnets.

I watched as Ross began to tell the story of the Crocs. He relived the entire story. He told the manager about that sad day in EPCOT when Julia stomped on his beloved sandal, pulling it apart beyond repair. He confessed how he tried to staple it back together, but couldn’t fix it. He admitted to buying them in desperation because he had no other shoes to wear during the last day of vacation and finally he explained how they ripped his feet apart and he could not wear them.

The manager’s face showed that he was listening intently. He stood sternly with his arms folded and one hand under his chin. Ever once in a while he would nod but didn’t say much – he just listened. The young CM who was also listening to the exchange has a look of sheer disbelief on her face.

After Ross was done with his pleading his case, I saw the manager say a few words to him and walk away. The CM handed Ross a piece of paper, at which time, he turned to me and motioned for me to come over.

I crept up next to him as the manager was walking back over with a pair of Crocs from the selling floor. He shook Ross’ hand and thanked him for being his candor and honesty. He told us to have a good night and to enjoy the rest of our trip. Ross filled out the form...

View attachment 349100

...and was handed this.

View attachment 349101

It was for the full amount of the Crocs. He gave it to me and said to add it to Julia and Hope’s spending money.

As we started to leave, the CM handed him the Crocs!! We looked at each other completely puzzled and he said to her, “I think you need these.” She looked at him in a confused way and replied, “Oh Yeah, I guess I do.” Truth be told, I don’t think she wanted to touch them! lol

He was beaming with satisfaction and as we headed back to the room, he said to me, “See, good vibes!”
Totally worth the wait!!! Nice work Ross!

Songbird76

We had a FP for Everest so we headed over to ride.

View attachment 349048View attachment 349049View attachment 349050View attachment 349055

By now, it was 2:00 and I was ready to leave AK and hop over to MK. The girls and Ross wanted to ride FOP so I conceded.

View attachment 349056View attachment 349057

Hope has an issue with the preshow. If she doesn’t get a clear view of the avatar screen, she gets so upset – like a worried upset. I don’t know if she thinks that she wouldn’t be able to ride if she can’t hook up with an avatar? So in the first room, she did okay – she had a clear view. But when we walked into the second area, we were in the back row and there was a woman standing in front of her. She started to go a little crazy. I explained it didn’t matter where she stood ad I suggested that she take a couple of steps over where she would be able to see better, but she didn’t want to step off the number. The woman in front of us realized what happening and offered for Hope to stand on her number. Usually, I would just tell Hope to deal, but I didn’t want her to be distracting to the others, so I was very grateful to the woman.

View attachment 349053View attachment 349054

As we exited the ride, Julia once again contemplated adopting that banshee, but again decided against it.
Oh, that's so nice of the woman for offering to switch! Having never been there, I have a question because this just made me realize we may have an issue. I understand that you are matched up with a banshee to ride...does it just give you a number and you go to the ride vehicle with that number? Or are you seated in the same vicinity as your family? DS will freak out if he's not next to one of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom