Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
The monorail was running again so Ross wanted to get back to the resort, but Julia wanted to go to Basin for a candle.

Miss Hope was still being a little grumpy, so she and Ross, who was also a little grumpy, (Ross + shopping = grumpy), stayed outside the store.

Julia made her candle and purchased a couple of soaps. Then we were on our way.

Ross was admiring Julia's candle.

We reached the MK about 10:30.

There was a storm approaching and noticed that the Halloween fireworks still hadn’t gone off yet. We could hear some thunder and it felt like it was going to pour any minute. I thought how fortunate we were that we had such a perfect night for our party. There was just a small line for the bus so we hopped on expecting to get on the next one.

As we were waiting, we started chatting with a man on line with us. He was wearing a lanyard and Julia asked what it was for. He told us it was for the dessert party but since he was certain that the fireworks would be canceled, he just left. I was surprised he didn’t seem upset at all. Ross asked him why he didn’t hang around in case they would go off, but he seemed so sure that they would be canceled.

All of a sudden we heard a very urgent, “I have to go to the bathroom!” Ross and I looked at Hope and then each other. I went to take Hope’s hand and bring her to the bathroom by the front of the bus stops, but Ross intervened. He decided I would be too slow. He took Hope’s hand and told her to run. Off they went. Of course, no sooner did they take off, Julia and I saw a POP bus heading for us. The bus pulled up and started to load. Thankfully, they needed to load a scooter. Julia and I walked along with everyone and sure enough, just as it was about our turn, we saw Ross and Hope running towards us!

We made it and were on our way back to POP. Of course, as the bus pulled away, we saw the fireworks starting! I couldn’t help but feel bad for the guy who left!

We settled the girls in and then Ross and I walked to the laundry so I could throw a load in the washer. Then we made our way to the lobby to pay off our bill and I got coffee.

As we walked back towards our room, I couldn’t help but to ask Ross about the Crocs. I assured him it would be fine to bring them back to NY and donate them or even find someone at WDW who would be happy to give them a good home. The following conversation followed:

Ross: Is tomorrow the 17th?”

Me: “Umm…. I think so… why?”

Ross: “It’s @dizfan917 ‘s birthday. I’m going to try to return the Crocs tomorrow.”

Me: “You’re picking tomorrow because it’s Dizfan’s birthday?”

Ross: “Well, think about it, he will be thinking about us and sending good vibes our way.”

Me: “You don’t think he has anything better to do than to think of us on his birthday?”

Ross: “I just mean that he knows we are here and I’m sure he will be thinking about us on our trip and that will send good vibes our way. So I’m going to return them tomorrow.”

Me: “An entire year worth of Crocs drama and you’re putting the outcome on Dizfan? Don’t you think that’s a lot of pressure for him?”

Ross: “It will be all work out – you’ll see. Tomorrow’s the day – it feels right.”

And so it was all settled and Ross seemed at peace with himself.

We got back to our room and Ross went to bed. I switched the laundry from washer to dryer and finally, before I settled in, I put pillows on the floor in case Hope rolled off the bed.

Up Next: Return of The Crocs

Songbird76

Now please forgive me, but I have to confess something that bothers me. I get that Food & Wine Festival means lots of drinking, and I enjoy reading TR’s with all the pictures of different drinks that people enjoy. I don’t see anything wrong with that – that’s not what I’m talking about - so please don’t take me the wrong way. However, I really think some people take it a bit too far. As we were walking into the Festival Center, a woman was walking while carrying two beer flights as her little boy was pushing her little tot in a stroller!

View attachment 346039

A short distance away, kids were running amuck up on the hill near the festival signs totally being ignored by their parents.

View attachment 346037View attachment 346038View attachment 346040

And… as I walked around Epcot I was struck with a multitude of people wearing tee-shirts regarding drinking in Epcot. For example:

“Sip, Sip, Hooray!”

“Drink Drank, Drunk”

“Drinking Squad”

“Making Pour Decisions”

“Just The Beer Necessities”

“”Drinking Around The World” This particular one was worn by a very large group including little kids probably Hope’s age, which I thought was a little, I don’t know, wrong – IMHO.

Maybe it’s because I really don’t drink that it makes me feel uncomfortable, but it seems like Epcot is getting the “drinking” reputation and I just think that’s sad. On several occasions, we witnessed very loud and obnoxious groups of people who obviously were drinking way too much and behaving badly in addition to parents who were just ignoring their kids. We even saw a couple of people who sitting/laying down on benches who looked almost passed out. Somehow, I don't think this was Walt's vision for his community of
tomorrow.

Okay, rant over. Lol
I'm a little late, so perhaps someone else has mentioned this, but as far as the Drinking around the world thing, I think there are also non-alcoholic drinks, so it's not necessarily inappropriate for the kids. Kind of like AK has the Night Blossom, which is non-alcoholic, and the MK has the special effects drinks with the dry ice and boba balls and those are also non-alcoholic. Or LaFou's Brew. I know when we were in Epcot, we ate at Biergarten and our server encouraged us to get a "Späetie" (I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly), which is orange soda and coca-cola mixed together. You can actually buy it in Germany already mixed (in some parts it's called Mezzo-mix). So it's not necessarily an alcohol thing to everyone. That being said, if you are planning on getting....happy, that's not something to do with small children in tow. I'm not a huge drinker, but I see nothing wrong with having a drink while you're visiting the parks, but if you are planning on imbibing a lot, it's probably something you should do sans children.

Songbird76

What on Earth..... Did you try it? This does not sound like a good combo......
Oh yeah, we love it! DD doesn't really like very many carbonated drinks. She won't drink fanta or coke by themselves, but loves the combo. When we went to Germany last Summer, if they had it on the menu at a restaurant, that's what she ordered, and if they didn't, she'd order coke and fanta and mix it herself. And it all started at Epcot!

NessNewt

Oh yeah, we love it! DD doesn't really like very many carbonated drinks. She won't drink fanta or coke by themselves, but loves the combo. When we went to Germany last Summer, if they had it on the menu at a restaurant, that's what she ordered, and if they didn't, she'd order coke and fanta and mix it herself. And it all started at Epcot!

Very interesting! Will have to try it!

slipperalwaysfits

Catching up on your trip report, at least you're saving money not using LYFT! The water parks looked like a great time, I'm glad HOPE loves the water now! We can't go to Disney Springs either without a stop at Ghirardelli! Very cool that Ross's glasses were able to be fixed so easily!

joshsprincess921

Day 11 Sunday September 16, 2018

During the night, I woke up because I thought a heard a thud. I sat up to see Hope – still asleep - wedging herself between the two beds. I have no idea how she managed it – but her body was half hanging off the bed with one leg and one arm trying to stop from falling. She must have rolled off! I was scared – those beds are pretty high off the ground with a hard wood landing. I jumped, got her and put her back on the bed, pushed her to the middle and placed a bunch of pillows next to her. From this point on, I was nervous she would rolled off the bed.

My son rolled out of the bed one night and plopped right onto the floor! He screamed so loud he had to have woken the neighbors! I did the same thing with the pillows but was so nervous it would happen again! The beds are really high up.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Crocs time!!! Yes!!!!

The time is near!

The moment we’ve all been waiting for is so close. I can hardly stand it! #crocsreturn

I'm hoping to get it posted tonight.

Can’t wait to hear how September 17th turned out 😉

I just downloaded all my pics from the day, so hopefully, I will post it tonight.

Brilliant TR so far love how you have built the anticipation around the crocs not sure if I want they to be returned easily or refused so to continue the story 😀

Thanks so much for reading!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Such a cliffhanger!!

Working on day 12 now....

I liked your Narcoosee's pictures. I think you all looked nice in your pictures, but I thought Julia looked lovely in her blue dress. The color really complimented her.

I can't wait to hear the results of the Croc's story too.

Thanks so much! She wore that dress to her friend's Sweet 16. Blue is her favorite color.

I DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE THIS KIND OF PRESSURE!! :geek: OH BOY. I hope everything works out!! yikes.

Fingers crossed for some Disney return MAGIC!!

I'm glad you enjoyed Narcoossee's! That's a must do for us.

Trying to get the day posted tonight! Sorry to leave you in suspense. Quarterly reports are due this week!

picked up some pf changs pork and noodles along with some besitos chips and salsa to enjoy while browsing the saga of the crocs tonight hopefully

Sorry to leave you hanging, but I hope your PF Changs was yummy! Hoping to get the saga going again tonight!

Catching up on your trip report, at least you're saving money not using LYFT! The water parks looked like a great time, I'm glad HOPE loves the water now! We can't go to Disney Springs either without a stop at Ghirardelli! Very cool that Ross's glasses were able to be fixed so easily!

I LOVE that Hope likes the water now! It makes it so much easier!

Aaaarrggghhhhh!!!!!!! Cliffhanger!!!!!! Can’t wait to find out what happened with the Crocs!

Hopefully, you will find out tonight!

My son rolled out of the bed one night and plopped right onto the floor! He screamed so loud he had to have woken the neighbors! I did the same thing with the pillows but was so nervous it would happen again! The beds are really high up.

I think that's the only complaint I have about the room- the beds are so high!! But at least they give you a ton of pillows!! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom