Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

fractal

For dinner, Hope ordered pasta while Julia Ross and I all ordered the surf & turf.

View attachment 343508View attachment 343511View attachment 343512View attachment 343507

Ross and I were shocked that Julia ordered it. Julia is my picky “kids” food eater. But lately, she has been trying to eat a little more adventurous and try to stay away from fried foods, so I was happy for her – until dinner arrived. The steak was fine, but as I started to eat the lobster, I noticed it had a very “ocean” smell to it. I thought it was just me and I didn’t want to scare off Julia from eating it. So I stayed quiet and ate it. It didn’t taste too terrible, but it was far from good. Finally, Ross said something to me about his not tasting right. I gave him a piece of mine and he gave me a piece from his diner. When I took a bite of his I actually had to spit it out. The texture was gooey – it was just nasty. He said mine wasn’t bad, but he felt they were all overcooked. I asked him how he managed to eat it. Poor Julia – she picked a horrible time to be adventurous! Lol We considered saying something to our server, but we ate our meals, so we decided not to. In hindsight, I wish we would have all said something after our first bite. I was worried that we might get sick.

However, we moved on to dessert – which was much better than the lobster!!

View attachment 343506View attachment 343510View attachment 343513

Finally, we got a piece of chocolate and our ROL tickets.
View attachment 343514View attachment 343505

From the photo that lobster didn't look right. If you had to spit it out, definitely something wrong with it and really unacceptable especially at a place like Tiffins (but really anywhere).

I believe and Love that Pocahontas remembered Hope!

dizfan917

We have always loved It's Tough to Be a Bug! I was surprised to see how many people were not fans. We enjoy taking new folks to see it and make sure they sit all the way through till the bugs crawl across the seats. Hilarious!!

I love amazing food, but even I haven't been ambitious enough to eat at TIFFINS. LOVE Jiko, but haven't tried TIFFINS yet. :geek:

disneypearl

Absolutely love It’s Tough to be a Bug! It’s one of my favorite things to do at Animal Kingdom.
Fingers crossed for Ross on returning those Crocs! He has a great strategy in waiting for the right time.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
From the photo that lobster didn't look right. If you had to spit it out, definitely something wrong with it and really unacceptable especially at a place like Tiffins (but really anywhere).

I believe and Love that Pocahontas remembered Hope!

I guess I'm starting to believe that Pocahontas may have remembered her! I hope we get the same CM next time, she really is special. We were really disappointed with Tiffins, but Ross wants to go back. He feels it was just a bad night and at least next time, we know we would send it back. Thanks for following along!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We have always loved It's Tough to Be a Bug! I was surprised to see how many people were not fans. We enjoy taking new folks to see it and make sure they sit all the way through till the bugs crawl across the seats. Hilarious!!

I love amazing food, but even I haven't been ambitious enough to eat at TIFFINS. LOVE Jiko, but haven't tried TIFFINS yet. :geek:

Tiffins menu isn't as intimidating as Jiko to me! lol Yay another ITTBAB fan!

ninjaprincesst

I still enjoy this show a lot. Maybe because Hope wasn't never a Frozen Fanatic, so the songs are still fun to listen to and sing along. Plus Ross got to take another nap. Although I have to admit, the show is more fun with your Ben in it @blgauger.
View attachment 340161View attachment 340162View attachment 340163View attachment 340164View attachment 340165View attachment 340166View attachment 340167View attachment 340168View attachment 340169
I love the pure joy on Hope's face as the "snow" is falling.

Doc Disney

Aww I'm so bummed for you guys - every time we have eaten at Tiffins it has been fantastic - but they did change their menu quite a bit since the last time I was there. The menu change has actually turned me off from Tiffins - I liked the uniqueness of it but now its pretty standard

Figment Forever

Original Poster
😦I have Tiffins booked in a couple of weeks. I’m hoping your husband is right about your visit being just a bad night.

I'm sure you will be fine. The last time we ate here, it was outstanding and to be fair, everything else was good - except the lobster. And if we hadn't been silly and just said something in the beginning, it probably would have turned out better. Good luck and enjoy your trip!!!

I love the pure joy on Hope's face as the "snow" is falling.

Thank you! I love it too!

View attachment 342855
Love her "cheese" in this picture! She looks so happy :happy:

Of all the characters interactions, I think she is most relaxed with Pocahontas.

Aww I'm so bummed for you guys - every time we have eaten at Tiffins it has been fantastic - but they did change their menu quite a bit since the last time I was there. The menu change has actually turned me off from Tiffins - I liked the uniqueness of it but now its pretty standard

I have only seen good or superb reviews, so I'm sure we just had an off night. But I do think Tiffins has changed a lot since its opening. I think Skipper's Canteen is even a little more daring these days. I checked Tiffins menu a few days ago and they added chicken and waffles! Not that there is anything wrong with chicken & waffles, but it's not very unique or exotic. But Ross is still willing to try it again. I think I would skip it, but he really likes the restaurant.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom