Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

fractal

You're still a great Mom! You taught her how to look for a policeman and had a picture of her from earlier. So thankful she was found quickly - but I know how slow time goes in that situation and what it does for you. I lost my daughter Toni at Hershey Park for over 1/2 hour and it seemed like 5 hours and was terrifying.

NessNewt

We "lost" my oldest when she was about 4 years old at Target. Just like you, I looked at something else for 10 seconds and turned back and she wasn't there. I was sure she had just gone one aisle over because I felt that out of the corner of my eye she had moved. She wasn't in that aisle. Or the next.

Bless the manager (who must have seen the panic in my eyes because I didn't say anything to him) who asked if I needed help. He and my husband went to stake out the front door and put the call out to all the employees.

As it turned out, she was hiding in the same aisle we had been in, amongst the rolls of toilet paper. I'm fairly certain most children do this to their parents at one point or another, but it's terrifying all the same! And such a good reminder to have plans in place in case families get separated. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but Hope did a wonderful job finding help and you did a great job teaching her what to do!

Loving the trip report.

krisri18

We "lost" my oldest when she was about 4 years old at Target. Just like you, I looked at something else for 10 seconds and turned back and she wasn't there. I was sure she had just gone one aisle over because I felt that out of the corner of my eye she had moved. She wasn't in that aisle. Or the next.

Bless the manager (who must have seen the panic in my eyes because I didn't say anything to him) who asked if I needed help. He and my husband went to stake out the front door and put the call out to all the employees.

As it turned out, she was hiding in the same aisle we had been in, amongst the rolls of toilet paper. I'm fairly certain most children do this to their parents at one point or another, but it's terrifying all the same! And such a good reminder to have plans in place in case families get separated. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but Hope did a wonderful job finding help and you did a great job teaching her what to do!

Loving the trip report.
She still does this, at Job Lot in the dog beds. Lol

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
So scary when something like that happens. My dd has not done that to me but I used to nanny for girl who go and hide from me when we were out. It was always so stressful. I do remember very vaguely when I was about 4 walking away from my mom and grandmother when we were at the mall. I walked into a CVS and took a box of Barnum's Animal Cracker's of the self walked out of the store and sat down on a bench and started eating them. I was still eating them when my mom and grandmother found me. They never knew where I got the crackers. They kept asking and I just kept saying I found them lol

Songbird76

See? You're in great company. It doesn't mean you aren't a fantastic mom. It says a lot about you that you felt bad, like it was your fault. I was watching a little boy in DS's class when they were in 1st grade. It was the day of their Christmas dinner and the mom had to work and didn't want to make her kid spend the day in the after school program, so she asked if he could come and play with DS instead. And this was one of those moms who is always telling you how great a mom she is and why her kid is so much better than yours, and how much your kid could benefit from her and her child's vast knowledge. "Oh....I noticed A speaks some English....I was speaking English to him earlier...I speak English really well. But I noticed he is a bit behind in his Dutch. He should play with Tim more often. Tim has a GREAT vocabulary and could teach him." "Oh, you should have A come over and play with Tim to improve his motor skills. Tim is a great little athlete and plays a lot of different sports." (A did have problems with motor skills...he's got autism, but his Dutch was in the top 10 percent for his grade according to national testing, and he was a year younger than all the other kids. He was definitely not behind) So I picked up the boys from school and we got out the door and Tim runs off without me. I call to him and tell him to come back and he just laughs and keeps running right into the street. When I caught up to him, I told him if he couldn't listen, he wouldn't be welcome to come play again. The whole afternoon, he was just a little brat. I told his mom when she came to pick him up that he had not listened to me, that he had run off. She just laughed and said "Yes, he's very independent." I told her he ran into the street without looking. "Oh, he knows the way. Once, I was getting ready to bring him to school, and I couldn't find him. He had gotten his coat and shoes on and just went. I walked to the school, and there he was." And it didn't bother her in the least that she had no clue if he had gone to the school or been snatched off the street by a stranger. She called it "mature for his age" and "Independent." I call it disrespectful and irresponsible. She had set no boundaries and had taught him that doing whatever he wanted was a good thing, because it meant that he was "independent", that he could handle things himself.
Hope didn't wander off because she was being "independent". Kids do things like that. But despite your panic, you did what you needed to do, and you were prepared because you knew it was a possibility. You cared enough to worry about what would happen if she wandered off. Not every mom has that insight. So good for you!

Figaro Family

Yikes! I just got caught up on your report and read the part about Hope wandering. Completely understand your panic. So cool that she remembered your lesson about looking for a policeman! We've been working on trusting Xander more to go or stay where we ask him without holding his hand at all times. It's a huge component of his IEP at school this year. On Saturday we were at the local children's museum when Xander announced "Water! Thirsty!" We told him we would go get a snack and a drink in the cafe area. I got in line and James sat Xander at a table then turned away from him for 2 seconds to get some napkins. When he turned back around Xander was gone! James runs over to me in a panic "I can't find Xander!" We start frantically looking around and just as we were about to ask for help from the museum staff I remembered that Xander's eyes had shifted toward the water fountains by the bathrooms when he announced that he was thirsty. Sure enough when we turned that way, there was Xander happily returning from the water fountains. In his mind I'm sure he was proud of himself for getting to the fountain and back on his own. Can't really get mad at him for that but what a stressful couple of minutes!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Finally all caught up.....what a harrowing experience losing Hope (although I prefer to think of it as “accidental separation” since you, Mary, did not “lose” her.) I agree with other posters who’ve said you have trained Hope well and that not knowing the whereabouts of your child is the WORST feeling in the world.

Hope was a very astute observer in It’s a Small World. Periodically, certain dolls are missing! They are removed for cleaning or refreshing. I notice “the missing” all the time and even had Em take a picture of the elephant in the Africa room to include in my TR.

Extreme temperatures can cause issues with prescription lenses. The lenses can expand or contract due to pressure. It’s no coincidence that Ross’ lens popped out two different times on September Disney trips. Last summer while touring MK one of my lenses cracked while wearing my glasses. When I saw my optometrist after returning home, I was given this explanation.

LisaBelle

Finally got caught up with your report. How terrifying that Hope was missing. Glad that the Disney CMs responded so calmly and quickly to help you. LOVE the find a policeman game! So glad Hope remembered it. She remained calm and did what you trained her to do. I think that speaks volumes as to how far she has come. Well done, Mom!
Poor Ross! I hope you were able to get his glasses repaired without too much trouble.
Hope your holidays have been happy. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
OMG I can't even imagine how you felt noticing Hope was gone!!
Glad it all worked out.

Thank you - It was the worst feeling ever. Something I hope I never experience again.

How absolutely terrifying for you when realized Hope was no longer next to you. Although I was sure the story ended well, I had to read very quickly to the end to reassure myself!
Why is it that if glasses are going to break, it is usually on vacation?

It was horrible. It was even hard for me to write about it even though I knew it had a happy ending.

Oh! Thank goodness Hope was okay and quickly found. Kids have such a knack for making parents stressed.

Also, I love that Ross didn’t know about the Murphy bed! We’re staying one night at All Star Movies in a couple weeks and my sister will arrive before us. I’m sure she also hasn’t looked at the walk through I sent her. Maybe she’ll think the five of us are sharing a double bed!

I hope Ross gets his glasses fixed. Why do glasses always break at Disney?! It’s happened to be enough times that I pack a backup pair.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip!

Thank you! I still joke with him about the Murphy bed. Hopefully, he will pack a spare pair of glasses next year.

Oh how terrifying! Don't beat yourself up about it...it's Disney, and kids will see something and wander off for a closer look. My DS was playing just a few feet from me in a store and he didn't see me, and tried to walk out the door to go looking when a very on-the-ball cashier saw him and stopped him, asking where his mommy was. He said he didn't know, and she took him by the hand and helped him look. Then we had the talk about what to do if you can't find mommy or daddy, who are safe people, etc. And DD had gone to get on a ride at a small amusement park, got lost and couldn't find her way back. She remembered the talk about who is safe to ask, so she found a family with kids and asked if they would help her. They took her to an employee who used the intercom to ask E's parents to come to the entrance, and the family waited with her until we got there.
It happens to everyone at some point...you are a great mom. You taught her what to do, and she did it. That's a total win!

Thank you! It's so hard to try to explain who a "safe" person is. Hopefully, she will learn not to "escape" from us. It is a huge goal.

Oh Hope! It is a very good thing you take a picture of her each day... I'm sure that helped identify her right away as well!

Yes - I try to do it overtime we go out. I have a "ChildSafe" card from the state police too. It connects to the Amber Alert System. Scary to think about... but I have to do it.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I know that had to be a very stressful situation(trust me, my heart started beating faster while I was reading it) but I started cracking up at this statement. I got a visual in my head & couldn't help but laugh. I'm glad Hope was found quickly. I'm impressed with the way Disney handles situations like this. But, I'm super impressed with the way Hope handled it!! Great job Mom!!!

Disney was awesome. It made me wonder about how many plain clothes security they have around. Just because there was a large group of people that appeared out of nowhere. I'm honestly not sure if Hope found the security guard or he found her shopping. I think the latter, but she did make a connection that he was someone of importance.

I bought the Lands That I Love tee 2 years ago. It has a different design this year. It is my favorite Disney Tee. Hopefully they will restock and bring it back.

Still can't find it!! But I will keep the search going. Hopefully for her B-Day.

So glad that Hope wasn't missing for long. When my ds was 7, we were all walking out of Playhouse Disney when he got separated from the rest of us. We panicked of course and started screaming his name. Then we decided to go to where the stroller was parked, and there he was calmly waiting for us. He said he realized that when he didn't see us that he should go to the stroller. Such a relief. Great job teaching Hope the game about finding a policeman.

Wow - that was great that he thought to go to the stroller! I hope she stars to understand the "game" more as she gets a littler older.

glad for the expected happy happy outcome..
was kinda worried you would have said that ross got lost next ..:D

Thank you! Well, there is still time for Ross to get lost, it's only his first day... :hilarious:

my heart was racing during that story about Hope wandering away. I know how it feels when you lose sight of your child for .2 seconds and feeling absolutely sick about it, so I cannot imagine what it felt like for 10 minutes! So glad there was a happy ending...that included ice cream! Ross not knowing about the second bed even though you showed him walk throughs of the room sounds exactly like something my husband would do haha.

Thank you! Yes, it was a horrible, sickening feeling and the longest 10 minutes ever!! If it had to happen, I'm glad it was at Disney. Their response was incredible.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I went missing as a small child in Manchester airport however my parents didn't realise I was missing as they both thought I was with the other, they had separated and gone in opposite directions and I was unsure who I was supposed to go with, by the time I decided on my dad I saw the lift doors shutting on him and when I turned the other way I couldn't see my mum, thankfully I spotted some British Airways stewards walking through and knew they were safe people, they took me to their offices while they called for my parents.

I am glad Hope was found quickly and safely it's good she remembered the find a policeman game you taught her.

Wow - that's scary. It's good you knew to go to the stewards. I'm trying to teach Hope her "safe" people, but it can be so hard to explain that concept to her. I have a feeling the security guard found her - but she did remember our game, so that did make me happy!

That's an ingenius game! May I share "find the policeman" with my work kids? They rely on their care staff being with them so much that I'm honestly not sure what some of them would do if they got separated. So glad Hope was safe!

Of course! Share it with anyone whom you feel it would help! I hope she gets a better understanding as she gets older.

My heart sank for a moment when I read Hope took off. I can imagine your panic. I'm very relieved to hear she was such a smart girl and found the 'policeman'.

It was the worst! I have a feeling the "policeman" found her, but she did remember our game and I think she realized she was away from us and he helped her back. I'm trying to figure out other ways of her finding her way back to us in case we get separated.

You're still a great Mom! You taught her how to look for a policeman and had a picture of her from earlier. So thankful she was found quickly - but I know how slow time goes in that situation and what it does for you. I lost my daughter Toni at Hershey Park for over 1/2 hour and it seemed like 5 hours and was terrifying.

Oh my gosh - I can't even imagine what a 1/2 hour would have felt like! Thank you first the kind words! We are all blessed that everyone just made the worst situation have a happy ending!

Loving the trip report.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and reading along!!

So scary when something like that happens. My dd has not done that to me but I used to nanny for girl who go and hide from me when we were out. It was always so stressful. I do remember very vaguely when I was about 4 walking away from my mom and grandmother when we were at the mall. I walked into a CVS and took a box of Barnum's Animal Cracker's of the self walked out of the store and sat down on a bench and started eating them. I was still eating them when my mom and grandmother found me. They never knew where I got the crackers. They kept asking and I just kept saying I found them lol

I definitely held her hand a little tighter after our experience.

See? You're in great company. It doesn't mean you aren't a fantastic mom. It says a lot about you that you felt bad, like it was your fault. I was watching a little boy in DS's class when they were in 1st grade. It was the day of their Christmas dinner and the mom had to work and didn't want to make her kid spend the day in the after school program, so she asked if he could come and play with DS instead. And this was one of those moms who is always telling you how great a mom she is and why her kid is so much better than yours, and how much your kid could benefit from her and her child's vast knowledge. "Oh....I noticed A speaks some English....I was speaking English to him earlier...I speak English really well. But I noticed he is a bit behind in his Dutch. He should play with Tim more often. Tim has a GREAT vocabulary and could teach him." "Oh, you should have A come over and play with Tim to improve his motor skills. Tim is a great little athlete and plays a lot of different sports." (A did have problems with motor skills...he's got autism, but his Dutch was in the top 10 percent for his grade according to national testing, and he was a year younger than all the other kids. He was definitely not behind) So I picked up the boys from school and we got out the door and Tim runs off without me. I call to him and tell him to come back and he just laughs and keeps running right into the street. When I caught up to him, I told him if he couldn't listen, he wouldn't be welcome to come play again. The whole afternoon, he was just a little brat. I told his mom when she came to pick him up that he had not listened to me, that he had run off. She just laughed and said "Yes, he's very independent." I told her he ran into the street without looking. "Oh, he knows the way. Once, I was getting ready to bring him to school, and I couldn't find him. He had gotten his coat and shoes on and just went. I walked to the school, and there he was." And it didn't bother her in the least that she had no clue if he had gone to the school or been snatched off the street by a stranger. She called it "mature for his age" and "Independent." I call it disrespectful and irresponsible. She had set no boundaries and had taught him that doing whatever he wanted was a good thing, because it meant that he was "independent", that he could handle things himself.
Hope didn't wander off because she was being "independent". Kids do things like that. But despite your panic, you did what you needed to do, and you were prepared because you knew it was a possibility. You cared enough to worry about what would happen if she wandered off. Not every mom has that insight. So good for you!

Thanks so much for your kind words. Hope has a friend who has special needs, and his parents don't worry about him taking off or running into danger. It's so stressful when we are together because I can't take their carefee or in my option, careless attitude. So I have to limit how much time they spend together. Crazy.

Yikes! I just got caught up on your report and read the part about Hope wandering. Completely understand your panic. So cool that she remembered your lesson about looking for a policeman! We've been working on trusting Xander more to go or stay where we ask him without holding his hand at all times. It's a huge component of his IEP at school this year. On Saturday we were at the local children's museum when Xander announced "Water! Thirsty!" We told him we would go get a snack and a drink in the cafe area. I got in line and James sat Xander at a table then turned away from him for 2 seconds to get some napkins. When he turned back around Xander was gone! James runs over to me in a panic "I can't find Xander!" We start frantically looking around and just as we were about to ask for help from the museum staff I remembered that Xander's eyes had shifted toward the water fountains by the bathrooms when he announced that he was thirsty. Sure enough when we turned that way, there was Xander happily returning from the water fountains. In his mind I'm sure he was proud of himself for getting to the fountain and back on his own. Can't really get mad at him for that but what a stressful couple of minutes!

Yep - that sounds exactly like something Hope would do too! I try not to hold her hand so much - but my fear takes over sometimes and I find myself guiding her too much. But she's safe...

I have a feeling that the "policeman" found her, but at least she remembered our game and realized that we were separated.

Finally all caught up.....what a harrowing experience losing Hope (although I prefer to think of it as “accidental separation” since you, Mary, did not “lose” her.) I agree with other posters who’ve said you have trained Hope well and that not knowing the whereabouts of your child is the WORST feeling in the world.

Hope was a very astute observer in It’s a Small World. Periodically, certain dolls are missing! They are removed for cleaning or refreshing. I notice “the missing” all the time and even had Em take a picture of the elephant in the Africa room to include in my TR.

Extreme temperatures can cause issues with prescription lenses. The lenses can expand or contract due to pressure. It’s no coincidence that Ross’ lens popped out two different times on September Disney trips. Last summer while touring MK one of my lenses cracked while wearing my glasses. When I saw my optometrist after returning home, I was given this explanation.

Thanks for the kind words! I pray we never have another "accidental operation'!

Hmmmm... I shouldn't have doubted Hope's observation. She appears to have a photographic memory so I guess she really did know which dolls were MIA.

Thanks for the explanation of his glasses - go figure! Well, I guess we just better travel with an eyeglass repair kit from now on!

How scary! So glad that hope found a "policeman". I know that must have been terrifying for you!
Also glad that Ross made it safely!

Thank you! It was the worst feeling and then the happiest ending.

I just realized we still haven't heard about the crocs yet.... Hope your family is doing well. Merry Christmas!

Sorry!! Getting back to my TR now. Such a crazy season!

Finally got caught up with your report. How terrifying that Hope was missing. Glad that the Disney CMs responded so calmly and quickly to help you. LOVE the find a policeman game! So glad Hope remembered it. She remained calm and did what you trained her to do. I think that speaks volumes as to how far she has come. Well done, Mom!
Poor Ross! I hope you were able to get his glasses repaired without too much trouble.
Hope your holidays have been happy. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Thanks so much! I hope you had happy holidays too! Did Ross' glasses get fixed? Let's find out...

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 7 Wednesday September 12, 2018 Continued...

After the parade, I suggested that we try the Sunglass Hut location in Adventureland, but he said no – he would be fine. I knew better. He wasn’t fine. He couldn’t see more than a foot in front of him.

We walked into the firehouse to get the girls Sorcery Cards and then we continued back to Fantasyland to ride Small World.

IMG_3407.JPG
IMG_3406.JPG
IMG_3411.jpg
IMG_3410.JPG

Julia, Hope and my name came up at the end, but no Ross. Oh yes, for those of you who read last year’s TR… Remember how Ross’ Magic Band didn’t allow him to charge items? The same was happening this year. His Magic Band worked to get into the parks and open the room doors, but not for charging and the pictures did not recognize him either.

Now just to recap, Ross was just about half way through his first day of vacation and so far he was groped by TSA at the airport, his MB was not working correctly, he thought there was only one bed in the room, his glasses broke and we lost Hope.

But to look on the bright side, Philharmagic was opened again so off we went to watch the symphony. Then we went to visit more royalty.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413283974194.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413284076273.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413283982803.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413283982817.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I really like this restaurant and today did not disappoint.

I had the pork.

IMG_3444.JPG

Julia had the lamb chops.

IMG_3438.JPG

Hope had mac&cheese.

IMG_3442.JPG

Ross had the steak.

IMG_3445.JPG
IMG_3441.JPG

Dessert was YUMMY too!

IMG_3449.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3447.JPG
IMG_3446.JPG

I think we all cleaned our plates.

During dinner, Ross asked about the Lyft charges. I admit I tried to conceal my new found transportation, but I forgot that he would see the charges if he checked our credit card statement. He was not too happy. My frugal hubby did not see the point in paying for transport that we got free. It didn’t help that when I downloaded the APP, I forgot to do it through Jet Blue or I would have receive points – something Ross would have seen value in. I argued my “time is money” case, but in the end, we agreed to disagree on the matter. Little did he know I had a couple of more Lyft rides planned for the duration of our stay.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
By now, Ross was toast. He decided to go back to the room and go to sleep. We said our goodbyes and I instructed him to go to sleep in the “one” bed in the room.

The girls and I did something we had never done before – The Swiss Family Tree house.

IMG_3451.JPG
IMG_3452.JPG
IMG_3454.JPG

We went to use the restrooms by POTC, so I took the opportunity to go into the Sunglass Hut and see if they could help me out with Ross’ glasses. I walked up to a CM and showed her the glasses. She said she could talk me through fixing them, but she was not allowed to touch a guest’s prescription glasses. At this point, I was going to take all the help I could get. The last thing I needed was to spend a week with Mr. Magoo driving me nuts!

Unfortunately, the CM might have met her match. She saw the glasses were difficult to work with, so she took them and went to work. I was telling her about the unfortunate events of Ross’ day when I got a text from him. This is the text conversation that took place between us.

IMG_6769.jpg

He would later admit he woke up in time to get off at POP and the bus did not bring him back!

It took about a half hour, but believe it or not that awesome CM was able to fix his glasses! I was beyond grateful to her!! I would have loved to have said something so she could be recognized, but I was actually afraid that she would get into trouble, so I didn’t.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Once we had Ross’ glasses taken care of, we headed back into the park and went to see our bear friends.

IMG_3457.JPG

It was almost 8:30 so we raced around the castle to see HEA. We couldn’t squeeze past the side of the castle so we just watched from a side view without the projections, but it was still awesome.

IMG_3469.JPG

After HEA, it was getting close to EMH and we figured we should ride Splash before it closed. But as we walked by HOP, we decided we would visit there instead. I haven’t been there since I was a kid and since it was down for refurbishment last year, so we were all pretty excited.

IMG_3464.JPG

EMH had officially started and since Splash was closed we opted for the wildest ride in the wilderness – back row!

IMG_3467.JPG

We wandered over to Fantasyland. Julia wanted to ride Ariel. Hope was not pleased, it was one of those omnimovers that bothered her. I gave her the I-Pod and we made our way on to the ride. Hope kept saying that she didn’t want to hear Sebastian talking. I didn’t understand because she likes Sebastian so why should he bother her? Yet she didn’t stop talking about Sebastian and the sea witch. About halfway through, I figured it out. When the ride stops, Sebastian addresses everyone saying that the sea witch must have done something to stop the ride. That’s why she doesn’t want to hear from him – the means the ride is interrupted. Thankfully, our ride was free of drama from start to finish. I had a happy Hope at the end and I tried explaining to her that the rides don’t always stop.

IMG_3473.JPG

It was about 10:15 and I had promised Julia that she could play SOTMK. So I let her go off while Hope and I shopped a bit. I stopped to get a root bear float and Hope got some of her favorite – “just” vanilla.

IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3484.JPG
IMG_3485.JPG

We met up with Julia at 11:00 when they shut the game down ad we made our way to the bus. I have to say, the bus lines for POP were overwhelming to see. But again, the busses – especially the double busses keep coming and the OMG line does move pretty quickly.

We walked through the line and as we got closer to the front, I decided to have the driver lock Hope’s stroller in as a wheelchair. Since wheelchairs have to “walk” the entire line at MK, I didn’t feel like I was cutting the line, instead, we actually waiter a little longer – so that made me feel better. Lol When it was our turn, Hope and I got on. The driver was sweet and locked her stroller in and I stood next to her while Julia sat down across from us. Once we and another wheelchair party was settled, everyone else got on. It was still a packed bus – standing room only. Sure enough, a woman holding a little baby – not a toddler, but a baby ended up standing in front of Julia. Julia shot me a glance that clearly said, “I know I should get up but my feet want me to stay put!” I looked away because I wanted her to make this decision. A few feet away from them, an older woman who was standing, looked down and addressed Julia and two other teens who were sitting next to her. She said, “Would one of you nice young ladies please give your seat to this woman holding her baby?” I peeked a glance at Julia who looked miserable – her conscience must have been doing quite a job. The two other girls were on their phones and I don’t know if they heard the woman’s request, but I watched as Julia got up and the woman with the baby sat down and thanked her – as did the woman who asked her to give up her seat. Ironically, Julia said she and the older woman ended up having quite a nice conversation on the way back home. I was proud of her and happy she made that decision without my input.

Once back at the room, Ross was sound asleep. I placed his glasses on the dresser and we all climbed into our “2” beds.

Up Next: Will I finally get to see Stars Wars Fireworks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom