A Not so Scary Food and Wine Report

My substitute teacher showed up around 11:30 on Friday. As soon as I had my students on task, I dashed out the door and headed to the WDW. I had a nice safe trip, but I did get into some gridlock in Orlando.

Once I through the traffic jam, I pulled into Wilderness Lodge around 5:30. This was my first time staying at the resort and I must say, it lived up to the reputation it has. Everything about it was simply amazing. From the jaw dropping lobby to the accommodations, everything was amazing. That said, I still prefer AKL over WL. There is something that is so enjoyable about being able to sit on the balcony and watch the animals.

Anyway, once I changed my clothes, I headed to the boat launch b/c I had a ticket to MNSSHP. This was also a first for me, which would also help me complete the trifecta of hard ticket events at MK. I love MNSSHP, still prefer MVMCP though. PPP is a distant third, but PPP did have the best fireworks of the three.

Anyway, once in MK, I saw new HoP for the 3rd or 4th time (this is now a must do for me). Next was Splash. Everything looked great! All the AA were working, the fountains were jumping. It looked really good. Next, I walked on BTMRR and made my way to TL.

In TL, I ate at Cosmic Rays. I had the pulled pork BBQ sandwich for the first time and it was delicious. Next, I hit TTA. I love the new narration in person. It is very relaxing and really suits the attraction better than the previous version. Next up, Buzz and SGE.

At this point, I headed to hub for the Villains Mix and Mingle. This was nice, but I would've liked the actual show part to be a little longer. After I met Maleficent, I walked around MS to kill the 10 minutes until HalloWishes. After I procured the passholder MNSSHP pin, I took a spot for the show. I enjoyed HalloWishes, but it felt a little lacking to me for some reason. I can't really put my finger on way, but it wasn't all that to me.

Next, the unavoidable trip to HM was taken. Then, I slowly made my way to the parade route. I absolutely loved the parade. The performers were giving it everything they had. Next, was Pirates, after this, I hit as many of the trails for candy I could. Followed that up with Pilhar.

It was now 11:55ish. I thought I was going to head out, but I saw that Dumbo had no wait. I dashed over to it because I wanted to get a ride in before they move my favorite elephant. I really enjoyed the spin, it made for an excellent ending to a fabulous night.

I slowly made my way to boat dock and headed back to WL. The next day would be filled with good friends and Food and Wine.

Selected pictures:

DSCN3150.jpg

DSCN3076.jpg

DSCN3081.jpg

DSCN3145.jpg

DSCN3084.jpg

DSCN3088.jpg

DSCN3090.jpg

DSCN3092.jpg

DSCN3095.jpg

krankenstein

Original Poster
Sillyspook13 and loweyan met me at Epcot around 11 am on Saturday for a day of Food and Wine. Once in the park, we headed over to pickup the retro EPCOT Center pin set and headed to the Electric Umbrella for a quick snack.

We went into Innoventions to check on CM preview status for Sum of all Thrills. We were told that around 2:00 they would be starting. We proceeded to Wonders to see about about the Food and Wine activities of the day. We were hoping to get into a wine tasting, but all of the sessions were full for the day. After grabbing a FP for TT, we headed off to WS and Food and Wine.

We began in Buenos Aires where I had the Grilled Beef Skewer with Chmichurri and Boniato Puree' (this would end up being my favorite of the festival). after Argentina, we went on El Rio de Donald and sampled the Tostada de Polo at Mexico City, which I do not recommend. We proceeded around to New Delhi where I tried the Gulab Juman with Rose Syrup and Pistachios. It was delicious!!! I highly recommend it!

It was now getting close to 2, so we headed back to Innoventions where we did Don't Waste It (which is very cool) and caught the cast previews of Sum of all Thrills (thanks sillyspoke13). This attraction is going to be huge. It was such an awesome experience. I highly suggest that everyone gives this a shot!

After two ride on the Sum, we headed to TT where we used our FP and caught LwtL (Seriously, what did they do during the rehab?). Next, we hit Canada for some Choup (always great). Loweyan also got the spicy chicken sausage...and boy was it spicy! If you don't like heat, don't get this.

We continued to walk around WS stopping at Cork, Ireland. I sampled the Lobster & Scallop Fisherman Pie (this was my second favorite item) and the Lava Cake. We headed to France were we had the Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with mashed Potatoes, which was also great.

At this point, we were about full, but when we got to Germany, I had to get some fudge. We followed that up with meeting an awesome KP CM in Norway and saving the world from trendy clothing. We headed out of the park, but not before a trip on SSE.

We got in loweyan SUV and headed over to MK because him and sillyspook13 had not heard the new narration yet. We met up with Matpez and his lovely lady for a spin on TTA. Next, we hit Philhar and caught HoP. At this point, we were all growing tired and decided to call it a night.

After making our way up MS, we said our goodbyes in front of MK. I caught the water launch back to WL and finally crawled into bed.

It was a great day spent with awesome people that I am privileged to call friends.

Selected pictures:

DSCN3151.jpg

DSCN3152.jpg

Preshow video for Sum:

DSCN3157.jpg

Design table for Sum:

DSCN3159.jpg

sillyspook13 and loweyan on Sum:

DSCN3165-1.jpg

Video of sillyspook13 and loweyan on Sum:

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14/Krankenstein381_/?action=view&current=DSCN3166.flv

I love these:

DSCN3171.jpg

DSCN3172.jpg

DSCN3176.jpg

Next, Boma and a side trip to DAK before I headed home. Thanks for the comments!

MKCP 1985

Once I through the traffic jam, I pulled into Wilderness Lodge around 5:30. This was my first time staying at the resort and I must say, it lived up to the reputation it has. Everything about it was simply amazing. From the jaw dropping lobby to the accommodations, everything was amazing. That said, I still prefer AKL over WL. There is something that is so enjoyable about being able to sit on the balcony and watch the animals.

Anyway, once I changed my clothes, I headed to the boat launch b/c I had a ticket to MNSSHP. This was also a first for me, which would also help me complete the trifecta of hard ticket events at MK. I love MNSSHP, still prefer MVMCP though. PPP is a distant third, but PPP did have the best fireworks of the three.

It was now 11:55ish. I thought I was going to head out, but I saw that Dumbo had no wait. I dashed over to it because I wanted to get a ride in before they move my favorite elephant. I really enjoyed the spin, it made for an excellent ending to a fabulous night.

I slowly made my way to boat dock and headed back to WL. The next day would be filled with good friends and Food and Wine.
I agree with you on the resorts. Wilderness Lodge is amazing and wonderful and a fantastic place to stay. Animal Kingdom Lodge is all that as well, plus animals. Since you can get where you need to go from either one, I'd probably choose Animal Kingdom Lodge for a return stay over Wilderness Lodge, but both are fantastic!

The Halloween party, with its parade and decorations is hard to beat! If you say the Christmas party is better, I am going to have to experience that one of these days!

People complain about Dumbo being a simple spinner, but it is a Disney classic! I love Dumbo's flying elephants!

Animal Kingdom Lodge offers no transportation that can compare to the boat transportation to and from the Magic Kingdom! They really are both awesome resorts.

krankenstein

Original Poster
I agree with you on the resorts. Wilderness Lodge is amazing and wonderful and a fantastic place to stay. Animal Kingdom Lodge is all that as well, plus animals. Since you can get where you need to go from either one, I'd probably choose Animal Kingdom Lodge for a return stay over Wilderness Lodge, but both are fantastic!

The Halloween party, with its parade and decorations is hard to beat! If you say the Christmas party is better, I am going to have to experience that one of these days!

People complain about Dumbo being a simple spinner, but it is a Disney classic! I love Dumbo's flying elephants!

Animal Kingdom Lodge offers no transportation that can compare to the boat transportation to and from the Magic Kingdom! They really are both awesome resorts.

I highly suggest MVMCP. :wave:

I agree with you on all the points.

And Poly beats all. :D

(the smell alone!:lol:)

/still prefers AKL! :p

krankenstein

Original Poster
Sunday would be a very short day. I woke up and headed to AKL where I had an ADR at Boma for breakfast (one of my favorites). Once I had consumed a delicious meal, I headed to DAK.

Once in DAK, I headed to CTX. They where having some technical difficulties during my ride because hardly any of the Dinosaurs where making sounds. It was kinda weird.

Next, I hit EE. The Yeti was in B mode, but he was positioned differently than I have seen him.

After that, I just walked around and absorbed the atmosphere. I did head over to CMM to see Thumper and Mrs. Bunny and slowly made my way out of the park.

I was on the road by 12 and home around 5. It was a fun, fast weekend getaway to Disney. I booked the trip about 2 weeks ago and I'm so glad I did. I only wish I had longer. Oh well, December will be here soon enough. Thanks to everyone who took a look.

Selected pictures:

Bye WL:

DSCN3184.jpg

Hello AKL:

DSCN3186.jpg

DSCN3188.jpg

DSCN3190.jpg

Goofy and Pluto's new home in Dinoland:

DSCN3192.jpg

DSCN3193.jpg

DSCN3194.jpg

DSCN3195.jpg

krankenstein

Original Poster
Flights of Wonder is dark, but it looks like they are replacing the awning:

DSCN3198.jpg

DSCN3199.jpg

DSCN3200.jpg

Thumper and Mrs. Bunny:

DSCN3205.jpg

DSCN3207.jpg

DSCN3208.jpg

That'll do it. Thanks again! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom