Trip Report A non-Disney family goes to WDW

I want to say thank you once again to those that helped me plan this amazing trip. It was indeed amazing.

Hotel - stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for 5 days. We loved it! Such beauty during the holiday times. The family loved the parks, but they wished we had spent more time at the resort just chilling.

Epcot - while fun, the construction took away a lot, and while we had fun, it wasn't that great to visit. But we did love Test Track!

Magic Kingdom - we ended up going twice--one day for rides, the second day for entertainment and to walk around. We were there Thanksgiving day and the day after, and the crowds were not that bad. We did EVERYTHING that was in our plans.

Animal Kingdom - WOW! This was by far our favorite park. The rides, the trails, the entertainment. We really got into it.

SGE - only my husband went and he was ok with it. It was good to do, but he felt there was more they could have done with the area.

Customer Service - it was ok. Once in a while there was an outstanding CM, but were not floored by it either.

Food - not to our liking, but we were expecting this. EXCEPT at Animal Kingdom. We think they have the best food from all the parks. And Tiffins is in its own category--amazing restaurant.

Dining plan - so glad we didn't do it! We would have lost money with it.

Are we going back? We're still glowing from a great vacation, but knowing my crowd, they will not ask for it again.

Was this a once and done trip like I predicted? Probably yes. Glad we did it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom