a nice restaurant....

WigglyWiggins

Original Poster
Hi, my family and i are going to disney on july 5th for two weeks (cant wait!!! first time onsite....) im 15 my brothers 18 and my mum and dad are...parental ages. Were were just wondering if you could suggest any nice eateries for a sit down meal in the evening...? nothing too formal (i.e we dont want a dress code!) but just something nice....?also could someone please confirm for me whether there is a cheescake factory anywhere on disney property?
thanx

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
For a nice sit down meal try Kona Cafe in the Polyneasian. It has great food and reasonable prices. I also believe there is a cheese cake factory in Disneyquest which is located in Downtown Disney west side. Pm me and I can give you a whole list of great places to eat.

The Mom

Premium Member
There are very, very, few restaurants at WDW that have a dress code, or anywhere in the Orlando/Florida area, for that matter! My daughter and friends have a hard time finding a restaurant to go for a pre-prom dinner where they won't look completely out of place! Unless you're planning on going to a place where you can easily drop $100/person, I wouldn't worry about it too much. (and I've spent that much in places where lots of folks are sitting around wearing shorts and tee shirts!)

TURKEY

There is a cheesecake factory in Disneyquest. You have to pay for Disneyquest unless its included in one of the park hoppers. Not sure which one.

Erika

I'm not sure, but I believe the Cheesecake Factory is only a Cheesecake Factory Express and not the actual restaurant. I know that is how they did it in Chicago and I was told that DQ at WDW was the same way.

Peraonally, I like eating at World Showcase (Epcot). The people are fun to talk to and the food is usually pretty good. Depending on where you go, you may get to see a show while you eat.

Here is a list of menus to help you make your decision.
http://wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

While we're on the subject of eating, I might add that we had a blast at the Polynesian Luau and we laughed till our sides hurt at the 50s Prime Time Cafe. You may also want to try one of those while you are there!

WigglyWiggins

Original Poster
thanx everyone...ill be sure to check out a few of these, i heard the tonga toast is not to be missed! ive never been to the sci fi so ill give that a try, can anyone tell me if the flying fish at the boardwalk is any good? thanx

GalacticGobbler

Originally posted by Erika
[we laughed till our sides hurt at the 50s Prime Time Cafe[/B]

We had a great time there also. I drank some of my wifes milkshake and when i didnt help her finish her vegetables the waiter made a hilarious scene. It is a place not to be missed.:sohappy:

Maria

I would go to Ohana´s at the Polynesian for dinner. It is my favorite one and it is an "all you can eat". Very good and abundant food, delicious freshly baked banana bread...mmmm!:slurp:
You can also watch the fireworks from there. ;)

TURKEY

Originally posted by GalacticGobbler

We had a great time there also. I drank some of my wifes milkshake and when i didnt help her finish her vegetables the waiter made a hilarious scene. It is a place not to be missed.:sohappy:

From the main page:

9 January 2002: Prime Time Rehab

The 50's Prime Time Cafe is scheduled to close for an extended rehab beginning last weekend. They are doing major renovations to the place, and CMs working there have been re-assigned to other restaurants

From this it doesn't say when it was closing or when it would be reopened. It may not be opened by July.

AKlodgeanimal

I prefer the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club if you like seafood. Or Boma's at the AK Lodge. Whispering Canyon is good cept for the fact that they yell and are really loud......:animwink:

My personal favorite is the Garden Grille at The Land.

They're a million places to sit down and eat down there so take your pick and dig in.:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom