A New Year's Celebration at Disney's Contemporary Resort

wogwog

Original Poster
A New Year's Celebration at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Guests with a resort reservation are able to book this experience beginning June 30 through July 3. All guests will be able to purchase tickets beginning July 4.
  • The event location will be at the Convention Center at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
  • The event is from 8:00pm to 1:00am for $225 (including tax and gratuity). Official check-in will begin at 7:00pm.
  • The all-you-care-to-enjoy menu will feature best-of-the-best bites and wine pairings from our Signature Dining restaurants across property including California Grill, Flying Fish, Cítricos, and Narcoossee's.

COProgressFan

Wonder if this will be a flop like last year's over at the Yacht Club?

I suspect the NYE event was a flop last year at Yacht because it wasn't promoted really at all until about two weeks prior. I had heard nothing about it on the forums here, or on any other sites for that matter.

Not sure it will make a difference, but maybe a bit more advance promotion would help. I wonder if they are going to have a celebrity performance as well again, as that could partially justify some of the cost.

wogwog

Original Poster
Added info I just found.

Multiple new entertainment offerings include an interactive DJ, extravagant revue by Alter Ego, a unique musical trio and themed photo stations.

Guests will be able to watch Magic Kingdom's New Year's Eve "Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks" spectacular from the porte cochere at the Convention Center.

asianway

Added info I just found.

Multiple new entertainment offerings include an interactive DJ, extravagant revue by Alter Ego, a unique musical trio and themed photo stations.

Guests will be able to watch Magic Kingdom's New Year's Eve "Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks" spectacular from the porte cochere at the Convention Center.
Thats a really bad vantage point imo, the audio is very sketchy

jensenrick

Added info I just found.

Still sounds pretty underwhelming, especially compared to the NYE I had at Universal Citywalk last year. That was AMAZING.

prberk

How underwhelming.

And you don't even get to watch the fireworks from the 15th floor. Yes, you get food from the California Grill but not the view. You can pay $120 or so to go to the MK itself for the fireworks, or about that much for dinner with a view and fireworks viewed from the California Grill itself -- or you can pay twice as much per parson to have a DJ in a convention-center and watch the fireworks from the ground floor parking lot, with food shipped in from actual restaurants and kept on warmers. Hmmm.

Thumper 32

How underwhelming.

And you don't even get to watch the fireworks from the 15th floor. Yes, you get food from the California Grill but not the view. You can pay $120 or so to go to the MK itself for the fireworks, or about that much for dinner with a view and fireworks viewed from the California Grill itself -- or you can pay twice as much per parson to have a DJ in a convention-center and watch the fireworks from the ground floor parking lot, with food shipped in from actual restaurants and kept on warmers. Hmmm.

Not even close. On NYE, Cal Grill has a premium event. Last year it was up to $625 per person. :greedy:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/10/05/new-years-eve-events-at-walt-disney-world-to-ring-in-2016/

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I (vaguely) remember the NYE celebration at the Contemporary in 1986 which, if I remember correctly, was free. They had a party for adults in the main concourse and for kids in the game room. It was great, you got unlimited (if I remember, I was 7) play in the gameroom and food too?

Those days are LONG gone with all of the up-charge events.

prberk

Not even close. On NYE, Cal Grill has a premium event. Last year it was up to $625 per person. :greedy:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/10/05/new-years-eve-events-at-walt-disney-world-to-ring-in-2016/

Wow. Almost everything in that article is ridiculous for what you get, but the Contemporary dinner price tag is completely beyond ridiculous. And can you imagine the "fun" crowd you would be with?

I (vaguely) remember the NYE celebration at the Contemporary in 1986 which, if I remember correctly, was free. They had a party for adults in the main concourse and for kids in the game room. It was great, you got unlimited (if I remember, I was 7) play in the gameroom and food too?

Sadly, so much of the tranquility and/or free fun "atmosphere" that you used to be able to wander into at WDW is now gone, or packaged and sold as "Magical™" Experience.

Vaughn4380

I was there for those as well (as a kid). They were awesome, and yes, the games were unlimited.

asianway

Top of the World and the Ballroom of Americas both had paid events back then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom