A new set of River Country Pics

The Empress Lilly

Wow, River Country has only gained in beauty. ^_^

3265EFF000000578-3501682-image-a-9_1458502934144.jpg

glvsav37

yeah, he probably mentioned that to say "hey look, I didn't trespass...I just used a drone"... nice try.
In fact some of the pictures look like they would be near impossible to take with a drone.

maybe/maybe not....Drone tech has really gotten pretty sick. Esp with some First Person Viewing tech, he could drop it in there and fly it around in some pretty tight areas all while still sitting in the boat.

MissM

No links to actual articles. Things like this (or worse) are faked a lot for clickbait.
I did a quick google search on the text of the article on that page to see if anything came up, and it did:

The Spokesman-Review - Aug 27, 1980 https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=V-4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=4460,5658359&hl=en

Lakeland Ledger August 28, 1980: https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=NfsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6094,8719052&hl=en

Several other papers picked up the AP story too. I don't claim to know anything about the facts or the story personally (I was only 3 in 1980) but the article itself WAS actually written and distributed by the AP.

NelleBelle

This Lawless dude seems like an idiot following in the footsteps of other urban adventurer idiots trying to gain "fame" by posting pictures of their trespassing. It'd be one thing to bring attention if Disney were allowing the properties in disrepair to be polluting or harming the environment but they're not. It does sadden me to see pictures of what were really neat areas of the resort now sitting as "ghost towns"(always wanted to go to River Country and did enjoy Discovery Island).

HiYa Pal

With very little modification, this could make an amazing Princess and the Frog bayou walk-though......just a thought for all you lightning bugs out there looking to dig a little deeper.....

Sorry, its Monday I need some entertainment, lol

rkelly42

It's funny, I replied to some people on his Facebook page, explaining to them why he was banned, and that he is not innocent in all of this, and somehow my replies disappeared and now I can't leave anymore replies.

mergatroid

It's 'The Mail', the British paper that's outraged by everything and wants people to panic. They dramatise everything and love nothing more than headlines in bold shouting to everyone about stuff that really is nothing. If a muslim person had a heart attack in a mosque one afternoon whilst peacefully praying their headline would be "WIDESPREAD CONCERN OVER NEAR FATAL MUSLIM ATTACK".

We'd then read the first four paragraphs discussing recent ISIS terror attacks before finally reading that an ambulance was called to a mosque to assist an unnamed individual who suffered a near fatal heart attack but survived. They'd probably finish the piece by saying "ALTHOUGH THE INDIVIDUAL WASN'T CONNECTED TO ISIS IN ANY WAY, IT'S UNCLEAR WHETHER HE KNEW ANYONE WHO WAS"

:arghh:

GVentola

Those photos sure bring back the memories...It seems like not too long ago I was there, sliding down the slides, watching Minnie and Goofy walk off hand in hand (boy, if Mickey could've seen that!). It feels really weird to look at those ghost town (ghost park?) photos and remember my 1990's visit. To me, the 1990's was yesterday.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's 'The Mail', the British paper that's outraged by everything and wants people to panic. They dramatise everything and love nothing more than headlines in bold shouting to everyone about stuff that really is nothing. If a muslim person had a heart attack in a mosque one afternoon whilst peacefully praying their headline would be "WIDESPREAD CONCERN OVER NEAR FATAL MUSLIM ATTACK".

We'd then read the first four paragraphs discussing recent ISIS terror attacks before finally reading that an ambulance was called to a mosque to assist an unnamed individual who suffered a near fatal heart attack but survived. They'd probably finish the piece by saying "ALTHOUGH THE INDIVIDUAL WASN'T CONNECTED TO ISIS IN ANY WAY, IT'S UNCLEAR WHETHER HE KNEW ANYONE WHO WAS"

:arghh:

Only to be exceeded by the Sun and any other Murdoch paper....

OliveMcFly

I am still surprised that they haven't tried to clear some of the old slides due to Backyard BBQ being so close. To see the structures removed with some weed clearing and a nice fence to showcase the water, I think that would be nice. The current state is quite ugly.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Lots of fond memories of River Country and Discovery Island from our many stays at Fort Wilderness as a kid... Always seemed to be like two hidden secrets of Disney as I never remembered either being terribly busy... No real interest in seeing how much either has fallen apart over the years...

Goofyernmost

The biggest kick that I got out of the entire thing is that he seems to think that he is the first one to do this. It's been done so many times and is listed on You Tube so often that it takes up half the cyberspace available. Many before him, including the infamous, Adam The Woo have done it and have been given "life time bans". All anyone has to do to get back in is to ask nicely a year or two down the road and they get reinstated. If there ever was a "been there - done that" discovery the river country exposure is the largest.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom