Trip Report A New Hope, A New Day *COMPLETED*

That’s not a Star Wars reference.

Longtime readers of my trip reports know Star Wars isn’t my thing (although I immensely enjoy Rise of the Resistance.)

Fireworks are my thing. 💥 Like a moth to a flame, I am instinctively drawn to bursts of brilliant sparkles and colors in the sky. Just ask my family how quickly I’ve stopped whatever I’m doing to find the source of nighttime booms! I have serious fireworks FOMO.

Disney fireworks....especially Magic Kingdom fireworks....always flood me with nostalgia, happy memories and hope. After a long pandemic year, I know I am not alone in my yearning for hope of better days ahead.

Every step we take
Brings a new hope
A new day

The return of Disney fireworks, for me, is a sign that things are improving. Hooray!!

But there won’t be any pyro on my upcoming trip. And that’s ok. This vacation was booked with the assumption there would be no nighttime entertainment. (However when rumors began to suggest fireworks in July…..well let’s just say there might be another reservation in MDE for us.)

Who’s us?

877B7809-2BB7-4CEE-A5F3-9DB3FA569FE9.jpeg

Mother/daughter travel buddies, Tuvalu and Em. We last visited together in early April. We were there the day the mask mandate was dropped for stationary pictures.

Today the mask mandate for all those vaccinated has been suspended and we couldn’t be happier! We won’t have to be shrouded in a daft disguise again this summer! 😉

I am not planning to do a full live report but may post a daily update. I’ll fill in the details when our vacation is over.

T-minus 3 days.
June 19 - 26, 2021
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Will any other Magicians make an appearance? Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day Six, con’t

The black sky as Em and I left MK produced heavy rain for a couple hours. We stayed put in our room, happy to be out of the elements. But our frustration began to grow when the monsoon ended but a light rain continued. As much as we were anxious to return to MK we weren’t in the mood for wet feet.

We ended up leaving the room around 5 pm and took the bus over.

F154F198-0C76-4153-928E-9A88DCBAF91F.jpeg

Don’t let that picture fool you. The rain had no chased anyone away (well, except us!) The park was very crowded and wait times were high. It proved what the return of fireworks can do….cause in June, people didn’t hang around in rainy weather. They left!

CF68E386-7240-473D-9B52-B9F3D558F5C7.jpeg

5AD51FDF-D3EE-4458-A4EB-B96EA17895DC.jpeg

Forty minutes later we were finally on board.

EB06CB27-56EB-4637-94BD-C7A2BC98A841.jpeg

5A30E57F-B2D5-4136-8762-0BF095A7509B.jpeg

We didn’t know it at the time but Peoplemover would be our last ride of the trip.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
When we disembarked the Peoplemover it was time to head to our dinner ADR.

Thought of you when I took this pic @DisneyGigi (and thinking of you now.) Ducks galore!

B1966201-5CA2-4553-BC3E-BBDE6A440534.jpeg

No characters or buffet, but based on @ShookieJones recommendation we decided that final meal of our vacation would be in the prettiest restaurant in the kingdom.

9C9CD6C3-E4E7-4A76-A11E-3F4A9B5C9513.jpeg

In the two months since Em and I ate here, the buffet has returned (but still no characters.) Thus the food we had may
differ from current offerings.

We first noticed how quiet the restaurant was. Fewer guests, no constant back-and-forth from tables to buffet, no squeals from excited children when a Disney friend appears.

0633FDA4-8937-4634-95F5-C1767519B891.jpeg

B8D580F0-445D-4471-80CF-0617DDF87C4D.jpeg

Em and I enjoyed the peacefulness. While we have had fun (and yummy) Crystal Palace meals in the past, this was a nice change (and one that isn’t likely to happen again.)

We started with appetizers ~ salad greens and two types of cornbread muffins.

D9DD6066-ADA5-4B81-ADF6-DD053363ACD3.jpeg

EF52A03E-E21E-4321-9B9E-0236A3AD8A1C.jpeg

The bacon and chive cornbread muffins were out of this world! Neither Em nor I care much for cornbread, so that is some high praise. :happy: (And I read those muffins are now available on the buffet!)

We couldn’t decide between two of the entrées so we each ordered a different one and shared.

Fried chicken with homemade macaroni and cheese and green beans.

1AFA349F-B201-4ADA-9719-5EDD0216B854.jpeg

Prime Rib with au gratin potatoes and asparagus.

620C89E0-BBF9-4CBD-AAED-88C24A0DFD76.jpeg

The Prime Rib was overcooked but still tasty. The chicken was fine. The mac and cheese was the standout side.

I know you’ll be disappointed to hear this @93boomer, but we were not impressed by the desserts.

042A095F-4837-4F24-A765-DBEA15EF306F.jpeg

I forgot to note what each one was, but we only took a few bites before calling it quits. The flavor pairings were too weird for us. Even the strawberry shortcake (upper left) was blech. The chocolate cupcake (for which we had high hopes) was dry.

Oh well, calories saved.

Though not a stellar experience, Em and I were pleased overall with Crystal Palace pandemic style. But we are looking forward to breakfast with our Pooh pals again, whenever that may be.

93boomer

Premium Member
When we disembarked the Peoplemover it was time to head to our dinner ADR.

Thought of you when I took this pic @DisneyGigi (and thinking of you now.) Ducks galore!

View attachment 589372

No characters or buffet, but based on @ShookieJones recommendation we decided that final meal of our vacation would be in the prettiest restaurant in the kingdom.

View attachment 589373

In the two months since Em and I ate here, the buffet has returned (but still no characters.) Thus the food we had may
differ from current offerings.

We first noticed how quiet the restaurant was. Fewer guests, no constant back-and-forth from tables to buffet, no squeals from excited children when a Disney friend appears.

View attachment 589376

View attachment 589380

Em and I enjoyed the peacefulness. While we have had fun (and yummy) Crystal Palace meals in the past, this was a nice change (and one that isn’t likely to happen again.)

We started with appetizers ~ salad greens and two types of cornbread muffins.

View attachment 589375

View attachment 589374

The bacon and chive cornbread muffins were out of this world! Neither Em nor I care much for cornbread, so that is some high praise. :happy: (And I read those muffins are now available on the buffet!)

We couldn’t decide between two of the entrées so we each ordered a different one and shared.

Fried chicken with homemade macaroni and cheese and green beans.

View attachment 589377

Prime Rib with au gratin potatoes and asparagus.

View attachment 589378

The Prime Rib was overcooked but still tasty. The chicken was fine. The mac and cheese was the standout side.

I know you’ll be disappointed to hear this @93boomer, but we were not impressed by the desserts.

View attachment 589379

I forgot to note what each one was, but we only took a few bites before calling it quits. The flavor pairings were too weird for us. Even the strawberry shortcake (upper left) was blech. The chocolate cupcake (for which we had high hopes) was dry.

Oh well, calories saved.

Though not a stellar experience, Em and I were pleased overall with Crystal Palace pandemic style. But we are looking forward to breakfast with our Pooh pals again, whenever that may be.
Let’s just say they were yummy when we ate them but nothing I would get again 😉The cornbread was way better! Yummy!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sadly not for the holidays! Next summer! Plans are being solidified, but not officially booked yet. 🤞🏻That all goes well so I can post a Pre-Trip very soon!
So Excited Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Trying to figure this one out with very little info,

Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

Bottom left is Tigger, top right is probably Piglet because of the pink icing (?), Pooh in the top left and it that supposed to be a Rabbit's vegetable garden in the bottom right corner?

Max
Genius Reaction GIF

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day Six, con’t

Our original plan after dinner was to remain in the park and watch HEA from the castle hub so we could see the projections one last time.

When we left Crystal Palace it was an hour and 45 minutes until showtime, and people were already camped out in the area.

Standby times for attractions were longer than we were willing to wait.

The humidity was stifling.

We decided to head back to the Lodge. On Main Street we were appalled at the length of a line. What were all these folks waiting for?!!?

2939659B-1C56-4693-AB25-C30E933B4237.jpeg

Wait for it.

Are you ready?

Are you sure you are ready?

All were lined up to spend $20+ on a BALLOON.

87C4E4FE-C550-42F9-8502-427E9ADF1B7A.jpeg

Of all Disney souvenirs, I think balloons are the most overpriced, which is why my kids never got one. (However I can’t say I’d have the willpower to say no if a request came from the Tuva-Tinys! :joyfull:)

Some friends were waving goodbye from the train station.

6236883C-F722-4579-939A-736C83278EA1.jpeg

And with that, our July park days had come to an end. With no future trip planned, Em was especially sad.

586B51C8-14F7-4AA6-980C-D707B366FA79.jpeg

We had another private bus ride to WL. Em and I watched HEA from inside our room (soundtrack on YouTube) because it was too muggy to stand out on the balcony. No tears were shed. We were successful in having seen the fireworks five nights in a row. Goal accomplished! 🎇🎆

We’d also spent plenty of time at the pool. Second goal accomplished!

We departed for home the next morning before dawn and thankfully had an uneventful journey.

Up next ~ Highlights from August with Woody

RememberWhen

Definitely get balloons for the TuvaTinys! We enjoy them as a temporary souvenir. We usually get one early in the trip and they’re often still flying high when we’re ready to go home. Then we stake out a spot by the DME stop (rip) and find a family just arriving and gift our balloons to them. It’s a nice way for the kids to “help make the magic.” Don’t know how we’ll find arriving families now… I suppose we can deflate them and bring them home like we did when I was a kid.

edit to add: thanks for helping make the magic!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great report(s) as always
Enjoyed the ride

And one last thing

" Make sure Mickey is the shot - are you sure you know what you are doing ? "

View attachment 591526

Max
mickey mouse vintage GIF

So enjoyed reading your trip report. We have been living the Disney magic through these wonderful reports.
Our four weeks in Universal/Disney next September looks promising now as we are allowed back in USA soon.
Looking forward to reading your next adventure.

princess anna thank you GIF

Definitely get balloons for the TuvaTinys! We enjoy them as a temporary souvenir. We usually get one early in the trip and they’re often still flying high when we’re ready to go home. Then we stake out a spot by the DME stop (rip) and find a family just arriving and gift our balloons to them. It’s a nice way for the kids to “help make the magic.” Don’t know how we’ll find arriving families now… I suppose we can deflate them and bring them home like we did when I was a kid.

edit to add: thanks for helping make the magic!

winnie the pooh love GIF

What a sweet gesture on your family’s part, @RememberWhen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom