A mysterious Three Caballeros show has appeared on the DisneyLife app called “The Legend of the Three Caballeros” (Now on Disney+)

brb1006

Original Poster
I checked around some more media-piracy friendly back alleys of the onlines. Apparently the show's proving difficult to rip. If this gets out it might end up something as terribly low-fi as a camera pointed at a screen. I'm trying to lean on some leads I have out of SEA that might be able to take a swing at it.

Online chatter seems to indicate this was already produced and shelved a while back.

"The Three Caballeros show looks so good! But sadly, the show was finished and in the can ready to air for well over the year. The crews have moved on to other things since, so even if it does finally get released here, there’s little to no chance it’ll go any further than that. "

What a shame since I really love the art style and character animation. Even if it was in poor quality.

ppete1975

What a shame since I really love the art style and character animation. Even if it was in poor quality.
I think when the streaming comes out they may resurrect it... the more stuff they can have on there and release the better.
And honestly they already spent the money.. and air commercials about the ride in mexico... maybe plus the ride a little since its not being replaced with coco.. and for very little money.. you have a new show and increased rides on a hidden gym.
And we need more classic characters esp Donald, I believe the people want more of this.

brb1006

Original Poster
Also it's been pointed out that elsewhere the older duck they talk to might be Clinton Coot rather than Ludwig.
The Disney Duck comics universe has been getting so much love in animation lately.
latest

some other guy

There is an outside chance there's some Hollywood accounting orbiting it so that it literally can't be released like what the legends say prevents a Megas XLR release, but yeah given the very positive buzz about it that's floating around so far it would seem odd that Disney wouldn't find some way to get a buck out of people for it.

is somebody claiming to be watching it, says "[Clinton Coot] gets mentioned in the first episode. I think he appears later on though! "

from some webms I found and somebody else's screencap

1529896566747.webm_snapshot_00.06_[2018.06.25_11.41.52].png

1529898256645.png

some other guy

Research I'm seeing is saying that a IP from the Philippines is required to access the service, which then asks for a credit card. There's speculation that it may require a CC from that neck of the woods as well, so just getting a VPN may not be enough.

also an update
somebody from the internet said:
the source of all those good screenshots and who first broke the news about the show online and has unfettered access to the show on their phone was recently contacted by someone who worked on the show and asked not to leak the full episodes online, only screenshots. So there's still hope that the show will be officially released domestically.
So somebody feels a USA release is possible because somebody asks to not release full eps. It's not much to go with, but considering how grim the prospects of "recordings of a show out of the Philippines" are looking it's still a hope.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

It’s ludicrous Disney doesn’t want to release this in the States. With Donald’s major lack of appearances in DuckTales and Mickey Mouse, coupled with his huge popularity, you’d think it would be a no brainer. On top of that, everyone on the internet seems to be hugely positive on it. The whole thing is already in English, I don’t see what the major concerns of airing it are?!

ppete1975

ITs odd all of this is coming out now... maybe they are gauging interest. If not they could have just let it die. Instead released in Asia (in English), and now people discussing it. There have been lesser attempts at building hype using social media. I don't know much about the Disney life app, but I'm sure Disney is the one putting stuff on it, so why release it at all?

some other guy

Had the series been leaked online? I’ve seen a bunch of clips.
So far tonight the first two have gotten out. The kind anon doing it hasn't given indication if he's doing more or not but we'll see.

I assume directly linking to media piracy that sometimes needs vulgar passwords isn't encouraged around here.

I'll try to suss out how direct I can be about leads on where to go over the next day or two.
1529981436038.png

brb1006

Original Poster
There is an outside chance there's some Hollywood accounting orbiting it so that it literally can't be released like what the legends say prevents a Megas XLR release, but yeah given the very positive buzz about it that's floating around so far it would seem odd that Disney wouldn't find some way to get a buck out of people for it.

is somebody claiming to be watching it, says "[Clinton Coot] gets mentioned in the first episode. I think he appears later on though! "

from some webms I found and somebody else's screencap

View attachment 292170
View attachment 292171

Apparently one of the users who had Disney Life actually watched the episodes.

Brer Oswald

I got ahold of the Drive link (no vulgar password needed). Show doesn’t seem to bad, although the fact that none of the three knew each other prior to the show seems kinda weird. That being said, they keep referring to their ancestors as the “original Three Caballeros”, so maybe this is confirming that there are two Donald’s in the same timeline?! The Aracuan Bird also has a different song. Less annoying, but not as funny. They kept his over the top laugh though (it’s EXACTLY the same) which I find hilarious!

SosoDude

I found the first episode on youtube. Poor quality video, looks like it was filmed on a phone.... Edit: actually the quality is not terrible.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom