Trip Report A move to Jacksonville, and a trip to Disney

Well, I'm quite a bit late with this one. The move occurred back in July. We actually visited in August as well with airfare so low, but I didn't take any pictures on that trip knowing that I had these stored. My daughter was leaving home and taking her first speech therapy position at a Jacksonville school district. My wife, nephew, and daughter drove her stuff down and I flew down two days later. My wife and I stayed at my daughter's apartment.
She had the couch, and I had the air mattress with this little guy, Bean.

Bean.JPG

Last edited:

macefamily

Original Poster
We had our park reservations and Bean was set up with a kennel in Kissimmee. We weren't sure how it was going to be on him because he's in love with my daughter and has never spent any time away from her. Our first park in the steamy Florida summer would be Magic Kingdom. I really didn't know what to expect given the 'Rona' situation. We were excited but slightly scared as well. We didn't get to the park until noon so I was expecting it to be a bit crowded. I was pleasantly surprised. In the last photo you'll see a CM wiping down the handrails. They were doing it constantly

emptylot.JPG
monrail.JPG
tempcheck.JPG
monocln.JPG

Last edited:

DisneyTransport

1) hello Bean you are adorable
2) the heck those are a lot of numbers on the ground in from of MK!!!
3) even before covid you could go to the parks and have it be empty like it is now... if your a pro ;) haha ... and only for about an hour or two :)

macefamily

Original Poster
Time for some lunch ! Most of the food stands were shut down. We did notice that Cosmic Ray's was open and they were very strict about the number of people admitted and where you were allowed to sit. Would have loved me some Casey's, but Cosmic Ray had a very close replacement foot long which I ordered.
IMG_0522[1].JPG
IMG_0523[1].JPG
IMG_0524[1].JPG

macefamily

Original Poster
We were still a few hours away from our Mama Melrose reservation, but we needed something. We were close to Baseline so we headed in that direction. I got my flight with two IPA's which was excellent. We got the charcuterie board which we all picked at. We had a nice table at the end of the patio so we took our time and did some people watching.

IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom