Trip Report A move to Jacksonville, and a trip to Disney

Well, I'm quite a bit late with this one. The move occurred back in July. We actually visited in August as well with airfare so low, but I didn't take any pictures on that trip knowing that I had these stored. My daughter was leaving home and taking her first speech therapy position at a Jacksonville school district. My wife, nephew, and daughter drove her stuff down and I flew down two days later. My wife and I stayed at my daughter's apartment.
She had the couch, and I had the air mattress with this little guy, Bean.

Bean.JPG

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

We love Boathouse, too, and always eat there each trip. I don't like seafood, so always get the steak which is delicious! My husband gets something with shrimp each time. So, what did you guys have to eat?

We also like Mama Melrose's too :). Alot of people on here don't like it, but we've always had a good meal there. Also like the kitchy decorations.

It's weird seeing the lack of people in your pictures. Did you feel it was kind of surreal at times? But it had to be great too:)

macefamily

Original Poster
We love Boathouse, too, and always eat there each trip. I don't like seafood, so always get the steak which is delicious! My husband gets something with shrimp each time. So, what did you guys have to eat?

We also like Mama Melrose's too :). Alot of people on here don't like it, but we've always had a good meal there. Also like the kitchy decorations.

It's weird seeing the lack of people in your pictures. Did you feel it was kind of surreal at times? But it had to be great too:)
No matter where we are my wife gets crab cakes or lobster. I think she had both. My daughter is also a seafood fan so she had the surf and turf. I like trying different things so I had the crusted tuna steak. Everything was great. I love the oysters at the Boathouse. My daughter tried them last time, and now she's hooked; only if they're smaller. So we split a dozen of the oysters on the half shell.

macefamily

Original Poster
I look back at the pictures I took in July, and I compare them to current pictures. Disney said they're at 35% capacity today, but I don't believe that. It looks closer to 50-55% when I see pics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom