Trip Report A most magical time in the most magical place in the world and then the day after......KABOOM!

Hi all!

More than 5 months ago we had the most magical time in the most magical place in the world. 9 days Disneyworld with the three of us..... So the who when and where....

Who:
My wife Ria
Our daugther Sacha
Me, Michel

When:
October 18th until October 27th 2018 (landing in Amsterdam on the 28th)

Where:
Port of Orleans, French Quarter, room with Garden View

Specials:
Free Memorymaker
14 day hopper tickets for the price of 7
Dining plan
Giftcard with 200$

It took a while before starting this TR. The title of this TR speaks for itself. We arrived back home in the 28th of October after an 11 hour flight. Off course tired and we took a long night of sleep. The next day we thought the fridge was quite empty so time for doing some groceries. Thinking about that afterwards........ Riding on the freeway in a split second everything changed....... we got hit by a truck.... and before we knew it we were in a pinball machine with us as the ball and trucks as bumpers.... this was what was left of the car (I know off topic, but know you understand the seriousness).

Luckily our daugther was not in the car..... the picture speaks for itself why.... me and Ria ended up in an ambulance and in hospital where we got a total checkup at the ER with all that was possible. We had to stay for a night.

Looking back to the last couple of months we realize that we were more than extremly lucky during that accident. We only got some bruises, sore muscles and some small wounds here and there. So we are back in business with no problems left and going full force in everything! So we used up a lot of little angels.

So now it is time for the TR! In the next couple of days I will continue... it is a very busy period for me this time of year.

Songbird76

Hi all!

More than 5 months ago we had the most magical time in the most magical place in the world. 9 days Disneyworld with the three of us..... So the who when and where....

Who:
My wife Ria
Our daugther Sacha
Me, Michel

View attachment 357115

When:
October 18th until October 27th 2018 (landing in Amsterdam on the 28th)

View attachment 357116

Where:
Port of Orleans, French Quarter, room with Garden View

View attachment 357118

View attachment 357117

Specials:
Free Memorymaker
14 day hopper tickets for the price of 7
Dining plan
Giftcard with 200$

It took a while before starting this TR. The title of this TR speaks for itself. We arrived back home in the 28th of October after an 11 hour flight. Off course tired and we took a long night of sleep. The next day we thought the fridge was quite empty so time for doing some groceries. Thinking about that afterwards........ Riding on the freeway in a split second everything changed....... we got hit by a truck.... and before we knew it we were in a pinball machine with us as the ball and trucks as bumpers.... this was what was left of the car (I know off topic, but know you understand the seriousness).

View attachment 357120

Luckily our daugther was not in the car..... the picture speaks for itself why.... me and Ria ended up in an ambulance and in hospital where we got a total checkup at the ER with all that was possible. We had to stay for a night.

Looking back to the last couple of months we realize that we were more than extremly lucky during that accident. We only got some bruises, sore muscles and some small wounds here and there. So we are back in business with no problems left and going full force in everything! So we used up a lot of little angels.

So now it is time for the TR! In the next couple of days I will continue... it is a very busy period for me this time of year.
Wow.....so glad you're ok! This looks really bad! And glad your daughter wasn't in the car with you!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Hi all,

first of all thank's for all the sweet messages! We are off course more than happy that we are ok!

So now the TR. Before starting with the seperate days. This was our trip!

18-10-2018
Travel Day from Amsterdam to Orlando. Going to POFQ by Disney Magical Express. Checking in, and then a short trip to Disney Springs. Off course we were very tired after a flight of 12 hours (with a stop in Detroit) and a short bus trip.

19-10-2018
Magical Kingdom!

20-10-2018
Epcot!

21-10-2018
Animal Kingdom!

22-10-2018
Hollywood Studios!

23-10-2018
Animal Kingdom!

24-10-2018
Hollywoon Studios / Animal Kingdom!

25-10-2018
Epcot / Magic Kingdom!

26-10-2018
Magic Kingdom!

27-10-2018
Going home!

To be continued........

FlaggNL

Original Poster
OK, I have to ask... what's with the RAW shirts? What does that mean?

Lol, I knew someone would ask it... when looking back at the pictures I mentioned it myself...... everyday a different RAW shirt.... it's from a Dutch Brand. G-Star. This is what Wikipedia is stating:

G-Star RAW (commonly called G-Star) is a Dutch designer clothing company, founded by Jos van Tilburg in Amsterdam in 1989, which produces urban clothing. Models for the brand include Liv Tyler, Mathias Ranegie, Girls' Generation, World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen, Clémence Poésy and musician Sergio Pizzorno. It was showcased at the New York Fashion Week from 2008 to 2011.[1]

G-Star was originally named Gap Star but decided to change their name when going international to avoid confusion with the already established Gap. The brand specializes in making raw denim—an unwashed, untreated denim. G-Star is influenced by military clothing. Inspirations of their designs come from vintage military apparel from around the world. Some examples include special pockets constructions and the use of trims.

G-Star's flagship stores are located in New York City, Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Edinburgh, Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai, Paris, London, Cardiff, Milan, Santiago de Chile, Mumbai and the Netherlands as its home base in the most luxurious shopping street of Amsterdam, the P.C. Hooftstraat. In total, G-Star has more than 6,500 selling points worldwide.

In 2016, Pharrell Williams became co-owner of denim label G Star Raw.

In February 2014, artist and music producer Pharrell Williams announced a collaboration between G-Star RAW and his textile company Bionic Yarn called "RAW for the Oceans," a collection of denim made from recycled plastic that is found in the ocean. The project was presented at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.

In 2018, artist Jaden Smith also announced a collaboration with G-Star RAW
In 2019, Formula 1 Driver Max Verstappen Announced his partnership with G-Star RAW.

Hope this explains :)

Rista1313

Lol, I knew someone would ask it... when looking back at the pictures I mentioned it myself...... everyday a different RAW shirt.... it's from a Dutch Brand. G-Star. This is what Wikipedia is stating:

G-Star RAW (commonly called G-Star) is a Dutch designer clothing company, founded by Jos van Tilburg in Amsterdam in 1989, which produces urban clothing. Models for the brand include Liv Tyler, Mathias Ranegie, Girls' Generation, World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen, Clémence Poésy and musician Sergio Pizzorno. It was showcased at the New York Fashion Week from 2008 to 2011.[1]

G-Star was originally named Gap Star but decided to change their name when going international to avoid confusion with the already established Gap. The brand specializes in making raw denim—an unwashed, untreated denim. G-Star is influenced by military clothing. Inspirations of their designs come from vintage military apparel from around the world. Some examples include special pockets constructions and the use of trims.

G-Star's flagship stores are located in New York City, Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Edinburgh, Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai, Paris, London, Cardiff, Milan, Santiago de Chile, Mumbai and the Netherlands as its home base in the most luxurious shopping street of Amsterdam, the P.C. Hooftstraat. In total, G-Star has more than 6,500 selling points worldwide.

In February 2014, artist and music producer Pharrell Williams announced a collaboration between G-Star RAW and his textile company Bionic Yarn called "RAW for the Oceans," a collection of denim made from recycled plastic that is found in the ocean. The project was presented at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.

In 2019, Formula 1 Driver Max Verstappen Announced his partnership with G-Star RAW.

You learn something new every day! And now I have the Pharrell Williams song "Happy" on loop in my head!

fractal

And here I thought you had gotten serious about photography! :D

Now that the bad stuff is out of the way, looking forward to the rest of the good stuff!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom