Trip Report A most magical 20th birthday!

I was in Disney World this past weekend for my birthday with one of my best friends, Mckayla, and my boyfriend, Adam. We had the most amazing time and it was one of my favorite trips for sure.

We left super early Friday morning and went straight to Magic Kingdom. We went on Jungle Cruise for the first time in forever, because our past couple trips it had been closed for refurb, so that was awesome. We missed it so much when it was closed. We had a really exciting train on Thunder Mountain (lots of fellow screamers) and as always, we requested back row, making it the perfect ride. Since Mckayla was with us I got to ride teacups, which I hadn't been on in a year, so that was awesome! All in all it was a great morning, followed by lunch at Moe's and checking into our hotel. We stayed offsite,which clearly wasn't my preference, but it was actually a really nice hotel.
We went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party that night and I hadn't been in years, but it was so much fun! The first thing we did was get seats for the Villains Mix n Mingle. The show is fantastic and we ended up meeting Maleficent and Frollo. Frollo is actually one of my favorite villains, so I was super excited we were able to meet him. There was barely anyone in his line and we were the last ones, so he actually took quite a bit of time with us and we all ended up taking selfies with him, since he was the only one without a photopass photographer. We were having a really hard time with the lighting in his spot, so he even walked across the meet and greet area to go to a place with better lighting for us. Pretty sweet for such a terrible villain, yeah?

After meeting him, we got a pretty perfect spot for the Boo To You parade, which I had never seen before. It's now officially my favorite Disney parade- so many fantastic floats and street performers. I'm so happy we made time to sit and watch it. The highlights for me were: Christopher Robin dancing down the street and an entire float devoted to Winnie the Pooh characters, the Jolly Roger float, the graveyard guy and his dog (from Haunted Mansion), and the hyenas from the Lion King. It was so great.

Then we saw the second performance of Villains Mix n Mingle, solely so we could get in line for a picture with the Evil Queen, considering Adam and I were dressed as the Prince & Snow White. Our meet & greet with her was fantastic. I ran up to her and greeted her with a cheerful "Hi Stepmom!" She gave me the most irritated, disgusted look and maintained that expression when I asked if I could take a selfie with her.

Then we made our way down Main Street and found the perfect spot for Celebrate the Magic/Hallowishes. I was sort of disappointed by Hallowishes, because I've heard from so many people that it's the best fireworks show at Disney and after watching it I couldn't disagree more. I'm very spoiled by normal Wishes, so I guess nothing else will ever compare to it for me. It was still a pretty awesome fireworks show, it just didn't give me goosebumps or anything.

We started hitting up the trick-or-treat trails after that. We all three had a full bag of candy by the time we left, so that was fantastic. Oh, we also saw Sulley jamming out at the Monsters, Inc. dance party in Tomorrowland. That was super cute. :)

We saw all seven dwarfs while walking through Fantasyland, but the line to meet them was closed at that point. I guess we'll just have to meet them next year. But, we did manage to meet all four princesses and their princes that were in Fairytale Hall that evening: Cinderella & Charming, Aurora & Phillip, Rapunzel & Flynn, and Snow & Prince. <3 I had never met a prince before, so that was undoubtedly one of the best parts of the trip for me. The three of us had such a lengthy conversation with Rapunzel and Flynn that Snow and Prince actually walked over to sort of hurry us along, haha. But, it was a really great time. Flynn showed us what was inside his satchel, which included a mini frying pan (just in case), Rapunzel's tiara, and most importantly, a Snickers bar that he had picked up on the floor after a small child dropped it. Hahaha!

The next morning we woke up to head to Animal Kingdom and it started drizzling. By the time we made it to Animal Kingdom's parking lot though, it was 65 degrees and POURING. We decided we'd make a run for the trams anyways, but only got about twenty feet from the car before we decided it was much too cold and rainy right then. So, we went to McDonald's and had lunch and waited for it to calm down a bit before heading back. It still drizzled off and on most of the day, but the downpour was over, thankfully. We caught part of Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade from a completely deserted bridge and when Timon walked by I made a heart with my hands and he made one back and it was so cute!

We headed to Hollywood Studios for the evening and went straight to Star Tours! Guess what? I was the rebel spy! Yay! Oh, and a super nice QSFB cast member at ABC Commissary gave me a chocolate mousse cup (one of my favorite Disney foods) for free for my birthday!

We got our seats for Fantasmic after that and Adam bought glow with the show ears. They all look so awesome in the crowd! I hope they get more popular over time so that the crowd is more filled with them. Also, the new LED lights on the princess floats look spectacular!

Magic Kingdom was open until 1AM, so we went there after seeing Fantasmic. We started in Tomorrowland and worked our way around. We worked it out so that I would be on Thunder Mountain (my all time favorite attraction) at exactly midnight, the beginning of my twentieth birthday. The CP who was working the fastpass/standby merge point let us sit in the corner by her until it was the right time to finish the line and board. We sat with her for about twenty minutes and we talked about her experience. She's staying in Vista and she said it was their last choice, but it's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. She has five roommates and all but the one in QSFB love the program too. She's even planning on extending. I absolutely adore talking to cast members, especially CPs. She even gave us special "use for any attraction" fastpasses as a birthday gift! Anyways, we ended up going down the first drop at exactly midnight and we were all screaming and Adam and Mckayla were both yelling "Happy birthday!" and it was just one of the most magical moments of my life.

We spent the entire day at Magic Kingdom on Sunday. We rode Thunder Mountain three more times, making the grand total on my birthday five! It was such a great day and I'm so happy that I was able to spend my birthday in my favorite place for a third year in a row, with two of my absolute favorite people. <3 Now it's only 363 days until I'm 21! And more importantly, only 75 days until DCP Check-in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom