A monsterverse land at Universal Orlando 4th park

OrlandoIsTheBest6124

Original Poster
I know it sounds kind of weird to bring back Kong over at the fourth gate since he just came back to IOA but now we have this new shared universe with King Kong & Godzilla. So what if these movies happen to be a success? Godzilla King Of the monsters comes out this summer and Godzilla vs Kong comes out next year. If they end up doing great at the box office and perhaps win an award just maybe could we see any theme park presence from Godzilla & a new Kong at Universal Orlando. WB & Legendary would need the rights to have Universal use their properties over at the fourth gate. We just have a new Skull Island with new creatures and those skull crawlers are terrifying! Since Kong always seems to be in the spotlight and gets good media attention is this the last we will see of him at IOA or will a new chapter begin with Kong again at a new park with Godzilla, Mothra Rodan, and Godzilla’s great nemesis King Ghodirah. It would make an awesome immersive land agreed? Btw Toho would need to work things out with Universal Parks too.

lebeau

I was expecting something else based on the thread titles. I have heard rumors of a new land based on the Universal monsters. I figure you could throw in Scooby Doo, Beetlejuice maybe even the Ghostbusters. Hoping for something spooky in the new park in the vein of the Haunted Mansion.

OrlandoIsTheBest6124

Original Poster
Yea that would be cool to but if Kong & Godzilla’s new monsterverse is a hit and let’s say their are more movies to be made after Kong Vs Godzilla next year. Would you be surprised if a new universal Orlando park does not include either of these popular monsters? It doesn’t make sense to include King Kong in another park but Harry Potter is in both USF and IOA plus its a Warner bros property. I understand WB & Legendary would need to have an agreement with Universal Parks if they wanted to have Kong & Godzilla’s rights to universal. People say skull island at IOA is based on the 2017 Kong:Skull Island movie but its not. It’s from Peter Jackson’s 05’ Universal Pictures hit. It’s a little weird because the IOA attraction came out before the new Kong movie was released the following year.

Animaniac93-98

I was expecting something else based on the thread titles. I have heard rumors of a new land based on the Universal monsters.

Same, and I REALLY want it to be true, but I'm not holding my breath.

But I would also support a Tokyo section with Godzilla, Gamera etc. Epcot's Japan reflects Edo era Kyoto, so having a modern Shinjuku-style Tokyo would be a great contrast and give the new park some needed non-IP place making. Plus the food/shopping options would be fantastic.

lazyboy97o

Yea that would be cool to but if Kong & Godzilla’s new monsterverse is a hit and let’s say their are more movies to be made after Kong Vs Godzilla next year. Would you be surprised if a new universal Orlando park does not include either of these popular monsters?
The new park’s attraction roster is not really in flux right now. Waiting on the performance of a movie coming out next summer is too late.

Last edited:

Jimdalva

I know it sounds kind of weird to bring back Kong over at the fourth gate since he just came back to IOA but now we have this new shared universe with King Kong & Godzilla.

There is nothing new about the 'King Kong VS Godzilla' Universe, us old guys grew up with those monster movies. And I would love to see them in the parks.

Magenta Panther

I know it sounds kind of weird to bring back Kong over at the fourth gate since he just came back to IOA but now we have this new shared universe with King Kong & Godzilla. So what if these movies happen to be a success? Godzilla King Of the monsters comes out this summer and Godzilla vs Kong comes out next year. If they end up doing great at the box office and perhaps win an award just maybe could we see any theme park presence from Godzilla & a new Kong at Universal Orlando. WB & Legendary would need the rights to have Universal use their properties over at the fourth gate. We just have a new Skull Island with new creatures and those skull crawlers are terrifying! Since Kong always seems to be in the spotlight and gets good media attention is this the last we will see of him at IOA or will a new chapter begin with Kong again at a new park with Godzilla, Mothra Rodan, and Godzilla’s great nemesis King Ghodirah. It would make an awesome immersive land agreed? Btw Toho would need to work things out with Universal Parks too.

I think a land based on Universal monsters would rock! Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula - Universal could build the Villains Land that Iger is too stupid to attempt. I hope this happens!

OrlandoIsTheBest6124

Original Poster
So is this new monsterverse land idea to late to be brought up at a fourth universal Orlando park? Since the dirt is moving like JoeCamel is saying. A new Kong with his new Skull Island creatures and Godzilla with his foes in a themed land seems stupid? If so sorry if I created the thread. I read some idea of Kong possibly fighting Frankenstein that seems like a terrible idea doesn’t it? It’s just the chances of Kong being at the fourth gate is low since he’s already at IOA? I wish WB, Legendary and Universal could all come toghether and make a deal!

lazyboy97o

So is this new monsterverse land idea to late to be brought up at a fourth universal Orlando park? Since the dirt is moving like JoeCamel is saying. A new Kong with his new Skull Island creatures and Godzilla with his foes in a themed land seems stupid? If so sorry if I created the thread. I read some idea of Kong possibly fighting Frankenstein that seems like a terrible idea doesn’t it? It’s just the chances of Kong being at the fourth gate is low since he’s already at IOA? I wish WB, Legendary and Universal could all come toghether and make a deal!
A decision being made after the summer of 2020 in all likelihood would be too late for the park’s opening. At this time there is not err any indication that Universal is interested in Legendary’s Godzilla / King Kong universe.

OrlandoIsTheBest6124

Original Poster
So you think if they wait until after Godzilla 2 King of the monsters opens this summer then Godzilla vs Kong next year opens in theaters it will be to late to feature both of them in a fourth gate? The other question is does it make sense to feature 2 Kong’s in both parks? IOA and at the third/fourth gate? With WB/Legendary owning the rights to this new Kong I know the odds are very low in terms of featuring him in a new version at the new park. Toho needs to work out a deal with Universal Parks. Nothing is official but it would be cool to see Godzilla, mothra, Rodan, king Ghodirah even Gamera have their own themed land. As for Kong again we don’t know if we will ever see him again since he’s at IOA already.

OrlandoIsTheBest6124

Original Poster
Wanted to also point out that Kong doesn’t have many enemies like Godzilla has. Although their are some new creatures in the new Skull Island that the King encounters like a giant bull/ox with horns, the Skull Island crew encounters a giant spider with lethal stabbing legs killing one of them, giant squid, and the skull crawlers so they do have options if they wanted to create a brand new Kong land at Universal. Their was some artwork in the movie featuring another giant beast I believe it was a tiger if either of you saw the movie. Kong has a giant snake enemy named Mamba I believe too?

George Lucas on a Bench

I think a land based on Universal monsters would rock! Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula - Universal could build the Villains Land that Iger is too stupid to attempt. I hope this happens!

Yeah, these are beloved iconic things that have been pretty underrepresented at Universal Studios. The Mummy is the only one with a longrunning ride. They even took the Phantom of the Opera out of the makeup show years ago. One of the coolest things they had was a monster walkthrough in Hollywood, but that was of course removed. A monster land with cool walkthroughs and dark rides through Dracula's castle, Frankenstein's lab etc. could be amazing.

OrlandoIsTheBest6124

Original Poster
Separate the 2 monster lands making the classic monster land one section and the other if it ever comes a giant monsters land. Unfortunately the odds of having another King Kong version in the fourth park is unlikely. Having Godzilla is more likely. I hope MonsterVerse succeeds with their films that’s the key.

TwilightZone

While looking through posts for my rumor and timeline tracker, I found one by Alicia Stella about Universal Monsters

Now does this mean there will be a land for them? Maybe, but not right now. Just depends if the merch sells!!

OrlandoIsTheBest6124

Original Poster
Then their is a segment on the UUO Podcast with Alicia Stella talking about Skull Island could’ve been at the new gate but their is already Kong at IOA and then the other guy talking with her says that other version of Kong is being runned by a different studio taking about WB & Legendary. Then the topic shifts to Godzilla in that video I believe. But if the lands are indeed split which they should be Classic Monsters is definitely a front runner we just don’t know about Godzilla and Co. if Kong appears one more time it will be a miracle lol.

Jon81uk

Its been known for a long time that a Classic Monsters land will be (well as confirmed as rumours can be) coming to Universal's Fantastic Worlds park.

Here is just one post from last Novemeber discussing the lands in that park.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...expansion-complex.939736/page-16#post-8468377

Although think of Frankenstein, Dracula etc for Classic Monsters, not Kong and Godzilla. The rumours for the main classic monsters ride is it is based on the Van Helsing ride that was due to go into Islands of Adventure before they built Harry Potter instead.

Is the Kong & Godzilla stuff just wild speculation or credible rumour?

JoeCamel

Its been known for a long time that a Classic Monsters land will be (well as confirmed as rumours can be) coming to Universal's Fantastic Worlds park.

Here is just one post from last Novemeber discussing the lands in that park.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...expansion-complex.939736/page-16#post-8468377

Although think of Frankenstein, Dracula etc for Classic Monsters, not Kong and Godzilla. The rumours for the main classic monsters ride is it is based on the Van Helsing ride that was due to go into Islands of Adventure before they built Harry Potter instead.

Is the Kong & Godzilla stuff just wild speculation or credible rumour?
Wishing from a young fan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom