Pre-Trip A Magical Holiday Celebration

Introduction
We're heading to Disney World! I have added on several “magical extras” to this vacation, so I am hoping to be able to review and provide more insight into these experiences. Let’s start with the details…

Who?
My mom, boyfriend, and I will be on this trip.

Why?
My mom just turned 50 this year. This will be her first trip to Disney World, so I wanted to do something special for her. It will be nice to celebrate the holidays at Disney World, and I am hoping the parks won't be too crowded.

When?
Sunday, November 27th – Saturday, December 3rd

· Sunday: Epcot
· Monday: Animal Kingdom
· Tuesday: Magic Kingdom
· Wednesday: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios
· Thursday: Magic Kingdom/Disney Springs
· Friday: Hollywood Studios
· Saturday: Hollywood Studios/Epcot

Where?
Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Garden Wing

Magical Extras:

· Free Dining (Yay!)
· Early Morning Magic – Magic Kingdom
· Early Morning Magic – Hollywood Studios
· Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Holiday Dessert Party
· Wild Africa Trek
· Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba
· Club Villain
· Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
· Disney Floral & Gifts Packages
· Candlelight Processional Dining Package

We will be celebrating Christmas during this trip since this will be the only time that I get to see my mom before the new year. I have arranged for Disney Floral & Gifts to bring a Christmas tree to our room after Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. I will be sure to share pictures of the tree when I get back as it has been hard for me to find good reviews online with real pictures of the yearly Christmas tree offerings.

Advanced Dining Reservations

· California Grill (Brunch)
· Tutto Italia
· Yak & Yeti Restaurant
· Be Our Guest – Dinner
· Be Our Guest – Breakfast
· Liberty Tree Tavern
· Cinderella’s Royal Table
· T-REX
· Chef Mickey’s
· The Brown Hollywood Derby (Fantasmic! Dining Package)
· Club Villain
· San Angel Inn (Candlelight Processional Dining Package)

Our trip officially begins in 9 days! No more trip planning for me. I will be sure to post pictures and thoughts when we return.

:)

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Sounds great! Your dining choices are some of my favorites. Looking forward to hearing all about the Christmas tree you are having delivered. Your trip is really close. Have a magical time.

peoplemover

Original Poster
Here are a few thoughts on the “extra magic” from our recent trip to Disney World. The parks were definitely more crowded than I had expected.

Early Morning Magic – Magic Kingdom: I really enjoyed being able to get into the park early with unlimited access to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan’s Flight, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. We rode in the front and back of SDMT 7 or 8 times with absolutely no wait. The included breakfast at Pinocchio’s Village Haus was not anything special, but I appreciate that it was included in the Early Morning Magic admission. I would purchase this experience again.

Early Morning Magic – Hollywood Studios: I ended up canceling this experience due to time constraints. It was scheduled on our check-out date, and I didn’t want to get up even earlier to pack. :)

Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM Holiday Desert Party: This was my least favorite experience of the trip. People lined up for the dessert party fairly early, so we ended up having to stand at a table instead of sit. We got in line for the dessert party about 30 minutes ahead of its start time. Santa Goofy came around to all of the tables, but the Cast Member with him was using our phones to take our pictures with him instead of having a dedicated PhotoPass photographer. The desserts were good, but the event didn’t feel as exclusive as some of the other events we did. I didn’t feel the dessert party was worth it. The actual show didn’t seem to have a consistent storyline, but I really enjoyed it. Disney used lasers in the show very well, and I liked the fireworks finale.

Wild Africa Trek: One of my favorite experiences on the trip. It was great to get up close with the animals and have a more personalized experience. I’d recommend this to anyone looking for something special and unique on their trip. I would definitely like to try another one of the animal experiences on my next trip. Our guides were great and answered all of our questions and took over 200 of photos of the tour group and animals along the way. We received a Wild Africa Trek water bottle and nametag at the beginning of the trek and part of the ticket price went towards animal conservancy efforts. I got to choose which animal group to donate it to.

Club Villain: This was a great way for us to spend the last night of our trip. I had read on the boards that a lot of people felt like the experience wasn’t worth $129, but I thought it was great for the price. We got individual PhotoPass sessions with each of the villains, and the hosts of the party were very entertaining and fun. The food was delicious... it included unlimited shrimp. There was also unlimited alcohol served at the event. I had an awesome time at CV and would do this again.

MVMCP: I really don’t think the Christmas party was worth the price for us, and it’s probably because we didn’t care too much for the special meet and greets. I feel like we paid $92 each to see a special parade and holiday wishes. We didn’t really enjoy the projections during the holiday wishes show compared to the other projections we’ve seen at Disney, but the fireworks were great… and so was the parade! The cookies and watery hot chocolate were terrible. I’m not sure I would do this particular party again. All of the rides had very little waits, though. You could pay a little more and do this for 5 hours instead of early morning magic. ;)

Floral & Gifts Packages: The floral and gifts team did an excellent job preparing the arrangements. I’ve attached a few pictures of some of the things that were purchased, including the Christmas tree, in my media album on my profile. :)

Restaurants: All of the restaurants we ate at were great with the exception of T-REX. The food was subpar compared to all of the other places, but we kind of expected that going into the restaurant. I ended up canceling Chef Mickey’s due to time constraints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom