Trip Report **COMPLETED** A (Love) Bug's Life

Hi everyone!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
We just got back from Disney yesterday and it is cold and raining here so seems like a good time to start our TR!

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my Dad (Jeff) and myself (Megan)
This photo is from our trip last year
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267906.jpg

Where?
Grand Floridian - aside from a very brief stay at the Poly during a race weekend my Dad has never stayed at a Deluxe. So, with a nice AP discount we let him pick any place he wanted and he decided on the Grand :)

When?
May 3 - 11, 2019

Why?
No big reason - we usually go around this time every year to help with the depression of the never ending winter here at home (and its still cold BTW...)

The title?
We have seen love bugs before but we have NEVER seen this many. I know they don't bite or anything but they were everywhere and at times the amount of them was just disgusting. We could not even sit on our balcony and if we were by the pool the only place they did not bother us was in the water. Ew :grumpy::hungover: This is the very reason I do not live in Florida...bugs.

Day 1 May 3, 2019
Our flight was pretty early so I got up at like 2:20 am 😴
My parents picked me up just before 3 and we were on our way! I ALWAYS email Southwest to ask what time their counters open and this time I forgot. So, we got there at 3:20 and it was not open...whoops 🤪
zp7Bq5CnSoS2DHy3yZzfAA.jpg

Everyone was lined up in the full service line but we waited by the self tag kiosks and we ended up being the first ones done with our luggage. Since it was so early the TSA pre-check line was not open yet so we had to go through regular security which is only annoying when you have have a computer and an iPad to drag out :hilarious:
DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0413.JPG

Be prepared for my Dad not cooperating for photos :p
DSC_0414.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

GuLhiYrjSMmcp8ZZKuwgkA.jpg

Around 4 am the food places open so we grabbed a bagel
fullsizeoutput_2fd4.jpeg

I spy our plane
DSC_0422.JPG

The time flew by at the airport and very quickly we were boarding the plane! Our flight was on time for once!
Gang is all here..
DSC_0423.JPG

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We headed out of AK after our trek
IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

And we headed right to AKL (Kidani Village) !
IMG_3043.JPG

It was my Dad's first visit to AKL so we went outside first
More animals...
DSC_0815.JPG

DSC_0819.JPG

And my Mom..
DSC_0818.JPG

It was time to check into lunch at...
IMG_3045.JPG

Yay!
We were seated right next to a window which was nice.
IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

Next up: more lunch

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
We headed off road right after the birds and immediately spotted some zebras (fun fact my medical brain wrote seizures instead of zebras initially :hilarious: )

😂Was is your medical brain or your phone trying to be smart? My autocorrect/autosuggest has a certain medical slant now. It kind of creeps me out mostly but sometimes it is kinda helpful.

Maelstrom Troll

Next level trip report 😄
Keep it coming!
Btw, I wonder if they ketamine dart large reptiles like they do large mammals/primates? Or is it something ingested? My curiosity is purely academic 🤣

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We started off with bread service of course
IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

It was delicious as usual!!! Mmmm I wish I had some now. We all liked the spicy dips (Red Chile Sambal and Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle) the best.
My Mom and I shared the Potjie Inspired: Butter chicken, lentil Dahl and basmati rice
IMG_3052.JPG

My Dad got the Tandoori Chicken
IMG_3053.JPG

I did not love my Dad's food but he liked it! We loved our Potjie though.
There was a giraffe pretty close outside
IMG_3054.JPG

Who then sat down
IMG_3057.JPG

We also got the Spice Trade Candy Bar (Coconut, Apricot, Caramel, Pistachio, Cashew Bar coated with Milk Chocolate, topped with Chai Cream, Pistachio Crumb, and Apricot Gelee)...sorry it's a blurry photo.
IMG_3056.JPG

It was super good!
After our delicious lunch we headed out
fullsizeoutput_3231.jpeg

We decided to take an Uber home to avoid bus transfers so we waited outside :)
DSC_0832.JPG

DSC_0835.JPG

Next up: more fun

Doc Disney

Original Poster
😂Was is your medical brain or your phone trying to be smart? My autocorrect/autosuggest has a certain medical slant now. It kind of creeps me out mostly but sometimes it is kinda helpful.

:hilarious: It was my brain since I am using my computer but my phone also does that now which is super weird haha

Next level trip report 😄
Keep it coming!
Btw, I wonder if they ketamine dart large reptiles like they do large mammals/primates? Or is it something ingested? My curiosity is purely academic 🤣

....thats a good question I have no idea :joyfull:
Thanks for reading !!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
DSC_0836.JPG

DSC_0837.JPG

Our Uber driver was an undercover Disney cop (so he said anyway but did sound legit) ...thought that was interesting.
Back at the GF we headed to our room and found this note from Mousekeeping.
I don't know why it made me laugh - "Mr. Penguin"
IMG_3058.JPG

At some point we had a snack in the lounge - I took a picture of 2 blue gummy bears apparently
IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

It was raining pretty hard and storming for a bit so we relaxed in the room. We were lucky our trek was in the morning otherwise it would have been pretty wet (or canceled with the thunder).
DSC_0840.JPG

Once it slowed down we headed back to AK
DSC_0844.JPG

DSC_0846.JPG

DSC_0849.JPG

DSC_0851.JPG

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
423773564.jpeg

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

LOL my Dad
IMG_3070.JPG

We wandered around and saw Launchpad had no line so we stopped to see him
IMG_3082.JPG

No clue where my Dad is looking ...
IMG_3083.JPG

We headed to Pandora after this.
NRJ was listed as a 35 minute wait but I could tell by the line that it was definitely not that long so we hopped on. It was shut down last time we were in Disney so my Dad never got to ride it.
DSC_0875.JPG

DSC_0876.JPG

We waited well under 20 minutes so that was cool. My Dad agreed it was nice but would not wait for it more than 30-ish minutes :)
I have no pictures but then we went on Flight of Passage which was amazing as usual! It actually was only a 1.5 hour wait which was the lowest I have seen it in ages (but we had a FP). We did actually wait 35 minutes even with the FP which felt a bit longer than usual.
I coud not resit a nigh blossom after our ride.
IMG_3076.JPG

file-105.jpg

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Our last FP was for Everest so we headed over there
IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG

I was seated with a woman who talked the ENTIRE ride! :hilarious:
Our photo did not show up...
We were pretty tired after this so we headed out.
IMG_3080.JPG

Back at the GF we grabbed some food from Gasparilla Grill and took it to the lounge to eat. Well my Mom and I did. My Dad said he was going to just eat lounge food....until he realized it was just desserts (which I told him...but Dad's...they don't listen) so he got food way after us.
My Mom and I shared the grilled cheese with fries and tomato bisque....well I ate the tomato bisque anyway. It was delicious!!!
IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3085.JPG

I had a glass of wine and we also had some desserts from the lounge
IMG_3086.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

After our late dinner it was time for bed!!

Next up: Day 4

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom