A look at the Haunted Mansion revised pre-show

SirWillow

It's certainly a different look. Neat to have for a short time- I'd love it if I was on a private tour. But to see it as a semi-permanent thing... very very understandable, but also a bit sad. Looking forward to the day when it can go back to "normal"

Goofyernmost

Disneyland's also has emergency exits that were repurposed from when the Haunted Mansion was going to be a walking tour with multiple entrances and exits. The chicken exit is just one of these.
I don't think Disneyland opened yet, but my recollection is that that room is an elevator necessary to get everyone to the ride level. Wouldn't they have to use the room in as usual to make the attraction work?

yensidtlaw1969

I don't think Disneyland opened yet, but my recollection is that that room is an elevator necessary to get everyone to the ride level. Wouldn't they have to use the room in as usual to make the attraction work?
There is a "shortcut" you could theoretically use to walk guests directly to the ride system - it bypasses the Stretching Room and leads right into the Changing Portrait Hall before the Load Area. The problems are that 1: This route is not especially accommodating to guests who have difficulty with stairs, and 2: This "shortcut" is an unthemed passageway that leads from the Haunted Mansion Fastpass Area outside the gates, into a Crypt, under the Railroad, and down into the Hall . . . which is really the Chicken Exit, meant to lead guests in the opposite direction from the ride back to the park if they "chicken out" and opt not to get on the actual ride.

I would think it's much more likely that they simply limit the number of guests in each Stretch Room and run them both as frequently as possible. That way the accommodate guests of all abilities, run the show the way it was intended to be seen, and put through probably as many guests as they would be able through the Chicken Exit without the confusion of rerouting the attractions entrance through an area that is semi-Backstage. Ride capacity would be down, but so likely would be the number of guests in line, since park capacity is going to be so limited.

All this said understanding that The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland was in the middle of a robust refurbishment when Disneyland closed, and is not likely to reopen right away with the rest of the park. They will likely have to take a few weeks to finish work before they have to worry about how they'll be getting guests onto the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom