A Long-Time Lurker Emerges from the Shadows!

Fankle

Original Poster
Hello to Everyone!
A penitent forum member here….. I confess to lurking on the forum for quite a while. Definitely time that I emerged from the shadows and introduced myself. I live in the UK (in Scotland) and was bitten by the Disney bug back in 2001 on a brief “we’ll do this once” trip to EuroDisney. (Hmmmm…..)
On that trip we called past EuroDisney (as it was) on the drive home from a camping trip in France and we loved it. (We, being myself, DH, DS1&2 - now 24 & 20.) Since then we’ve returned to Paris a few times interspersed with trips to Orlando. We’ve also infected my nieces (aged 12 & 14) with the delightful Disney bug (via trips to both Paris and Orlando) and undertaken a 12-person family trip to Orlando that included my parents, my sister & her family back in 2013.
Unfortunately, coming from the UK, a trip to Orlando is a particularly big commitment (both financially and in terms of vacation time). There’s a cycle of the thrill of planning & booking a trip (which, as a complete type-A personality I thoroughly enjoy) anticipating the trip and enjoying it before there’s the post trip crash…… At this point I resign myself to the fact that the trip might have been the last. Thankfully, to date that hasn’t proven to be the case and every few years I manage to sneak in another trip.
So, we are booked to come to Orlando for the last two weeks of August 2018. This time there will be eight of us, with a split on-site/off-site stay. I am super-excited! Hope to start writing a pre-trip report soon and would be very grateful for everyone’s comments and critique……
Doing a happy-dance as I type!

Welcome! I am new here as well (southern U.S. )and get such a thrill from planning the trip. My family makes fun of me but they sure do appreciate the planning come trip time. You have such a beautiful country. My niece is presently doing a study abroad there and it has been a chance of a lifetime. Enjoy Orlando this August and best wishes for a magical trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom