A Little Disney Magic

tigger1968

Original Poster
I thought this was a great story, so I decided to share it with you...

My wife works at a local restaurant here and recently struck up a conversation with a guest while he ate. Somehow the topic turned to WDW and he related the following story. When WDW opened, this man and his wife spent their honeymoon at the Poly. It turned out to be their only visit to WDW. Thirty years later, he has to attend a two day conference in Orlando, so, on a whim, he books a room at the Poly for old times sake. When he arrives to check in, the CM at the desk says, "Hello Mr. Richardson. We've been expecting you." He asked what she meant, and she reminded him that he had stayed there before. He replied that yes, he had, but does Disney really have records of that going back thirty years? She just smiled and said that they have ways of knowing these things. She then proceeds to comp his room, and hands him complimentary Hopper passes for the parks, as well as a special card that she instructs him to show at any ride or restaurant, and thanks him for being one of the first guests to ever stay at the Poly.

So when he heads into the parks to explore, he decides to get some dinner. When he shows his card to the hostess, she seats him, then announces to the entire restaurant that they have a very special guset that night, and that he had stayed at the Poly during openning week. He got an ovation from the rest of the restaurant guests.

I just love it when the CM's at WDW go above and beyond the call for a guest!:)

Invero

Originally posted by tigger1968
I just love it when the CM's at WDW go above and beyond the call for a guest!:)

It's great to know that the true Disney Magic still exists. :) I bet those two days were ones he will remember. (As well as the ones 30 years prior)

disneyfan123

That is a lovely story..... i bet he will remember those two days for al very long time!!!!!

*only 36 days to go* (so close and yet so far)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

figmentmom

Although I've never had a Disney experience to match that one, I'll keep going back to WDW just because other people have had those magical moments!:)

DCA Fan

That's a great story...I'd love to have the experience that guy had.

Maybe saving Eisner's life would do it....lets see...how do you injure him, then save him....j/k.

tigger1968

Original Poster
I think that this guy is a regular at my wife's work, so I am trying to see if she can get any more specifics about his story. I think that this is just a great story, and I'm dying to hear the details if I can! I'll let you know!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom