A hunt for school in our move to Central Florida

JimboJones123

Original Poster
We are moving to the area in the next 6-8 months and need help on where to look for quality schools.

Our kids are in 2nd and 4th grades this year.

Any district/specific schools we should be looking at?

More importantly, stay away from?

Thanks.

disneyrcks

Hello :wave:

My sisters both went to school in East Orlando and they were in good schools (Waterford Elementary, Discovery Middle and Avalon High School). We are hoping to move to FL and while we don't have kids yet, we want to live by good schools. Lake Mary has A rated schools and I have read great things on forums. Hope this helps!

PeoplemoverTTA

I don't live in Orlando, and i don't even have kids, lol, but I've considered a move to Central Florida several times, and I've done a ton of research on neighborhoods in the area. From what I've read, Winter Park and Hunter Creek are great areas for families, both in housing and schools.

Good luck :wave:

Disneyboy17

We are moving to the area in the next 6-8 months and need help on where to look for quality schools.

Our kids are in 2nd and 4th grades this year.

Any district/specific schools we should be looking at?

More importantly, stay away from?

The First Academy is a great school as well as Holy Family an Thornebrooke elementary as well as olympia high school. Stay away from colonial high school an anything in downtown Orlando besides St.james an Bishop Moore.

Thanks.

invader

Hello :wave:

My sisters both went to school in East Orlando and they were in good schools (Waterford Elementary, Discovery Middle and Avalon High School). We are hoping to move to FL and while we don't have kids yet, we want to live by good schools. Lake Mary has A rated schools and I have read great things on forums. Hope this helps!
Timber Creek High School, no such thing as Avalon High. :p

Hrudey3032

My little sister goes to 4 Corners Charter School. It is about 20 minutes from WDW off of State Road 27 near Davenport. Its a good school system.

Tim_4

Florida has some fantastic schools and some not-so-great schools but we have a fantastic school choice program. If you're in an underperforming district, you can send your kid elsewhere at no cost. There are also a large number magnet and charter schools.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom