Trip Report A Honeymoon Trip Report - September 2019

If you haven’t read my previous Trip/Pre-Trip Reports, my name is Jasmyn (27), and this is my husband Dan (32).

Our trip was from the 11th-22nd September 2019 – we traveled from Perth Australia (which is 11,375 miles from Orlando) for our honeymoon at WDW!
Hopefully it won’t take me forever to get through this. I’m writing it at work to help me get over my Disney blues.

DAY 1 – 11th September 2019
The first leg of our 3 flights was departing for Sydney at 5:15am.
We decided, because we would need to be up at 2am anyway, we would just pull an all-nighter. We spent the night finishing off our packing, that we hadn’t had a chance to do, playing with our little kittens who are both only 5 months old (and we were going to miss terribly) and hanging out with Dan’s little brother, Liam, who was going to be house/pet sitting for us.

Pulling an all-nighter didn’t work well for me, I ended up falling asleep for about an hour, before Dan woke up me up to get ready to leave.
We ordered an Uber (the first of MANY uber rides this trip) and left for the airport at 3:15am.
When we arrived at the airport, we started check in, and ran into one of my clients who was on the same flight. I have my own business doing Hair Extensions, and found out she was heading to NYC the same day, but didn’t realise she would be on 2/3 flights with us!

We boarded our flight at 5am, and were in the air by 5:30am. The flight was a little bumpy, but nothing that had us worried. We were off that flight, and heading to our international flight by 11:45am (Sydney Time). We were seated close to the back of the plane, in the centre row of 4 seats. Dan and I were next to an older couple. The flight time to Dallas (our next stop) was predicted to be 16hours.
This flight was terrible. Terrible food, bad turbulence, and just not a whole lot of legroom! I would finally doze off to sleep, and a drop from turbulence would wake me up. I was so anxious that I was almost in tears.
I couldn’t wait to get off the flight.
Dallas airport was huge, we quickly grabbed out bags and was trying to rush through customs/immigration as we only had a 2 hours layover. I got a nice big “X” through my paperwork. The guard thought he was hilarious and all he told me was “its because women are always wrong” and let us go with a smile.

It was a random check for further screening, this wasn’t going to help our time frame for rushing to our connecting flight.

Off we went through Dallas security with our bags in tow. All was fine and we ran to re-check our bags and board our flight. We ran to the gate, as the guard was calling “Last Call for Orlando, if you don’t run you will be missing your flight”
We were the last couple to board. As we were finding our seats we got talking to another couple heading on their Honeymoon, but they were staying at the Polynesian Resort. Unlike us who cheaped out and were only staying at All Star Movies.

The 2.5 hour flight was much easier to deal with. We had seats directly behind business class, which meant a lot extra legroom. I slept for most of the flight, and before I knew it, we were starting our decent to Orlando.

Dan and I practically jumped out of our seats when we touched down. It was now 6.30pm (still on the 11th September… even after 28 hours travelling). The Magical Express was calling our names, so we grabbed our bags, put on our old magic bands from the previous trip, and skipped over to buses.

We arrived at All Star Movies at 7.45pm. Check in was a breeze. We picked up our new magic bands and headed to our Room – 711 in the Toy Story Building. We had a preferred room. The room had a double bed, and a pull down bed, which didn’t get used. The room size was fine for us, and by the end of the trip you almost couldn’t see the floors with how much stuff we had bought. Oops.

When we got there we had a package waiting. I had ordered a bottle of Red Wine (the same we had at CRT on the night we got engaged last year) snacks, flute glasses and some chocolates to help celebrate our honeymoon and to surprise Dan. This was meant to be to have this first night, but we decided that staying in our room WAS NOT an option on our first night at Disney.

While Dan was having a shower, and washing that horrible “plane” feeling off him, I checked for some last minute reservations. I was shocked when a ‘Ohana reservation for 9:15pm.
I quickly showered as soon as Dan was out, and let Dan know the plan.
By 8:30pm we were ready, and in as Uber, heading to the Polynesian Resort.
We had a quick look around, taking in the amazing entrance that the Poly has, and headed up to ‘Ohana around 9pm. We we’re still a little early, and there were 2 seats free at the bar at Tambu Lounge. We each ordered a cocktail, and while we were sipping, we couldn’t wipe the smiles off our faces, despite how exhausted the last 30+ hours had been.

Our last name was called, and we were lead to our table right at 9.15pm. She rushed us through because the fireworks had already started at Magic Kingdom and we had a table with a view.
It was so magical. We weren’t seated at the closest table to the window, but still had a decent view while we ate the piles of food that kept coming to our table.

My favourite dish was the grilled Prawns (or shrimp as we quickly learned). We had seconds, and thirds of everything. When it came to dessert, Dan and I both said “no thank you” as we were just too stuffed! The waiter didn’t listen. He came over with the ‘Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode. He said this is what people come to ‘Ohana for, and you aren’t missing out.

WOW! I am so glad he at least made us try it. It was amazing, and one of the best desserts I’ve ever tasted!
I swear we almost rolled out of there with the amount of food we ate. I was so happy I was able to find a last minute reservation here.

We wandered over to the Moana Mercantile shop inside the Polynesian, where Dan was able to find a cool Mickey Sweater. By this time it was almost 11pm, and now that we had a full stomach, the tiredness was really starting to creep up on us. Another Uber had us back at All Star Movies around 11:15pm and we headed into the gift shop to pick up our refillable mugs. I choose the Halloween one, and Dan choose a red Mickey Mouse Club House mug. We also got some bottles of water to have in the room, just in case 😊
The lights in our room by 11:30pm and sleep followed shortly after. I was so excited for our first day in the parks!

Spash007

I'm in! But I agree with the others - I can't even imagine traveling that much, especially a 16 hour flight. I usually get antsy after an hour and a half!

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
welcome back

cant wait wait to read about the wedding...

hope u all have an awsome time
Flying 28 hours to go to WDW!?! That is dedication. I am definitely in!!!
In, though exhausted after reading your first post! 🤣
I'm in! But I agree with the others - I can't even imagine traveling that much, especially a 16 hour flight. I usually get antsy after an hour and a half!
Count me in!
I'm here!! After 2 hours on a plane I go stir crazy--I can't imagine traveling that long!!
In! And agree that I'd never be able to make a 16 hour flight!
28 hours?!? Guess I can’t complain about my 5-hour flight from ATL to SoCal to go to Disneyland anymore :eek:
I'm in , looking foreword to rest. I just have to catch my breath.
Oh my gosh, that is dedication! And what a fun end to your exhausting travels. I'M IN!
That's true dedication to Disney, to not only travel for so long but to then head out for the night rather than crash in your bed!! I'm excited to read more.

Oh trust me, it was so exhausting, and i didnt think i would make it!! But we did and I'm glad we didnt just sit in the hotel room on the last night :joyfull::D

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
DAY 2 – 12th September 2019
If I thought I was tired yesterday, today I was in a completely different league. A combination of jetlag and excitement had me wide awake at 2:30am. I tried my best to get back to sleep, but failed miserably, and ended up scrolling Facebook and playing Toon Blast on my phone until 6am, when it was finally a reasonable time to get up have a shower. Dan was up around 6:30am and got himself ready. We were both VERY excited to start our first park today, and we were at the Epcot bus stop at 7:30am.
The bus came nice and quickly, didn’t leave us waiting long, and had us on the road at pulling up to Epcot by 7:50am.
With a hop, skip and a jump we headed to the entrance. A lovely older gentleman cast member stopped me on the walk in to give me some bubbles. It was a nice gesture, but a little wasted on me. I ended up giving them to a little girl later on in the day.
We were through the turnstiles and into Epcot just before EMH rope drop. We quickly rushed towards Test Track. It was a ride we never got to ride on either of our previous trips, and we didn’t have a FP for it this trip. With only a handful of people in front of us, we thought we had gotten lucky… WRONG! A cast member came over the speakers and let us know TT was having a delayed opening, and encouraged those waiting to go explore the rest of Epcot while it was so quite.

We decided to wait. There wasn’t another ride we were desperate to ride, like we were with Test Track. After 20 mins, people started leaving the line and we etched our way closer and closer to the start. We could hear the testing of the ride happening, and the cars started going around a lot quicker and more frequently. We thought this was a good sign, but the cast member keep repeating the same phrase over the microphone about a delayed opening, and more and more people left.

After 40 mins waiting, we were only a few families back, and the cast members finally opened the doors. We started the walk through TT and made our way into the design room!

About 5 mins later we were in our car! Unfortunately, it didn’t register when we tapped our magic bands, so we wouldn’t be able to see how the awesome little pink car tested, but the ride was amazing! I can see why people like it so much.

As you can tell by our photo, we had a blast!
We walked off TT with big smiled on our faces, and it was still before regular park opening. We headed to the World Showcase, to check out the Frozen ride.

Dan decided to film the ride to show our nieces back home, they LOVE Frozen (of course).

DimpledDevil18

First off congratulations on your honeymoon!

What a long flight you had! And you barely slept at all. I'm sure you crashed hard at some point. Thankfully that pixie dust keeps you going for quite a bit lol

Can't wait to hear more about your honeymoon. Hopefully it was really magical.

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
By this time it was just after 9am and the park was now open to all guests. We were both starting to get really hungry, and knew it was time for something to eat.
But of course we stopped and I made Dan take photos of me. This happened A LOT. Poor guy.

We headed towards the land pavilion and found ourselves at Sunshine Seasons quick service. Both of us got a breakfast croissant with a side of potatoes. It was fine, nothing great. Dan had a coffee and I got myself an apple juice.
Dan was not impressed with his coffee at all. He went to throw it in the bin, as he did he dropped an almost full take away cup straight onto my sneakers! It went everywhere and we both just looked at each other and started laughing. I guarded the mess to stop anyone walking through it, while Dan went to grab some napkins. That was not going to cut it, and soon enough a lovely cast member came to mop up the mess. Unfortunately, me, the girl who doesn’t like coffee, smelt like it for the rest of the day, and it became a running joke between us for the rest of the trip. Useless Dan!

Living with the Land is another attraction that we have never had a chance to check out. Past trips have only been 3 days each, so a lot gets missed with such a short stay in the World. This time, I was going to try not to miss anything!
We arrived at LWTL around 10:15am – I thought this was great, and really glad I made time for it. It was interesting learning about the way the greenhouse is kept and used throughout Disney property.
After the boat ride, we checked to see the wait time for Soarin’. It was only at 10mins and knew that would be our next stop. We only ended up waiting about 5 or so for the next show, then we were flying over some of the best scenery in the World, all a bit off because we weren’t lucky enough to get the centre seats. Don’t you just love a curved Eifel Tower?

Next we headed into our Imagination, and our new friend Figment was with us.
Another attraction that was on the list, because it hasn’t been done before. Figment was a walk on. We both enjoyed it so much. And I wanted to buy so much from the gift shop, but I restrained myself.

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
There was a little baby in the seats in front of us that was clapping and smiling along. She was so cute. A couple of the scenes shocked her a bit, and I’m surprised she didn’t start crying.

When we came off the attraction, we spent some time in the Imagination area. This was good fun! But after a few minutes we spotted Wreck-it Ralph and Vanellope doing a meet and greet. We both love these movies, and thought it was definitely worth the line up.
We had 4 girls, ages 11, 9, 3 and 10 months in front of us with their Mum. They were so chatty, telling us all about their trip so far and asking us all about Australia.
We had our meet and greet after a 30 minute wait, and said goodbye to the lovely family in front of us. One thing I have noticed more this trip than others, is that EVERYONE wants to chat. I don’t know if that’s us (because we both never shut up) or because they hear our accents and want to know more, but its so nice to get to know people while waiting in lines.

It was time to head out of Epcot for the day. We said our “See ya laters” to the park and headed for the monorail – but not before taking some more photos with some lonely looking photopass photographers.

Yes, I made us matching “Disneymoon 2019” tank tops. Dan reluctantly agreed to wear it for our vacation. I thought they were amazing and we got lots of comments and “congratulations” from staff and other guests.

I was extremely unlucky an snapped my only pair of sunglasses on the way out of Epcot. I was devastated, these sunnies had lasted me through 2 other America trips (and only cost about $15). Hopefully I wouldn’t be too long without a new pair. The Florida sun is just to bright to be without some.

Spash007

By this time it was just after 9am and the park was now open to all guests. We were both starting to get really hungry, and knew it was time for something to eat.
But of course we stopped and I made Dan take photos of me. This happened A LOT. Poor guy.

View attachment 417016

View attachment 417017

We headed towards the land pavilion and found ourselves at Sunshine Seasons quick service. Both of us got a breakfast croissant with a side of potatoes. It was fine, nothing great. Dan had a coffee and I got myself an apple juice.
Dan was not impressed with his coffee at all. He went to throw it in the bin, as he did he dropped an almost full take away cup straight onto my sneakers! It went everywhere and we both just looked at each other and started laughing. I guarded the mess to stop anyone walking through it, while Dan went to grab some napkins. That was not going to cut it, and soon enough a lovely cast member came to mop up the mess. Unfortunately, me, the girl who doesn’t like coffee, smelt like it for the rest of the day, and it became a running joke between us for the rest of the trip. Useless Dan!

Living with the Land is another attraction that we have never had a chance to check out. Past trips have only been 3 days each, so a lot gets missed with such a short stay in the World. This time, I was going to try not to miss anything!
We arrived at LWTL around 10:15am – I thought this was great, and really glad I made time for it. It was interesting learning about the way the greenhouse is kept and used throughout Disney property.
After the boat ride, we checked to see the wait time for Soarin’. It was only at 10mins and knew that would be our next stop. We only ended up waiting about 5 or so for the next show, then we were flying over some of the best scenery in the World, all a bit off because we weren’t lucky enough to get the centre seats. Don’t you just love a curved Eifel Tower?

Next we headed into our Imagination, and our new friend Figment was with us.
Another attraction that was on the list, because it hasn’t been done before. Figment was a walk on. We both enjoyed it so much. And I wanted to buy so much from the gift shop, but I restrained myself.

View attachment 417018
View attachment 417019

I'm with Dan on the coffee at Sunshine Seasons - by far the worst on property. I had to throw mine away too, and that says a lot since it was my first cup of that day and if I don't have a cup by mid-morning I almost always get a headache. But the risk was worth it 🤮

Luckily I didn't spill mine :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom