A Gastronomic Explosion At Disney...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Sorry about my title thread,but I've just read @zurgandfriend post, and his love of the Lobster eggs Benedict, from GF...It's sounds awesome, so good I can taste it in my head...Here's the thing...What one dish have you had at WDW that blew your mind..One that you had to put your fork and knife down and take a deep breath...:jawdrop:..I'am talking Astronomic Gastronomic...Ok..I've calmed down now...For me, I've had some really good dishes that were outstanding over my past five visits,but last year my Spicy Kazan Roll at California Grill completely blew me away..The flavours were a marriage made in heaven..Salmon with a ginger vinaigrette..OMG..:eek:.And each bite going round my plate had me looking like a demented maniac....Mrs Hatter kept telling me to hush, but for me, a lover of fine cuisine, this was better than..??.!!!:eek:...Well you know what I mean...So go on..Think about it..What one dish would you say blew your taste buds to another level..??...:hungry:

danpam1024

the pumpkin cranberry mousse at last years F&W was amazing
Honestly it's been so long since we "vacationed" there I don't remember :jawdrop:. Other than ONE SINGLE DAY last year for the Food and Wine Fest, I haven't been in 2 years!!! I was looking forward to going this Christmas, but that's not going to happen either:cry:
I digress- we had kobe waygu with white truffles as a course at V&A- OMG enough to make me not be a vegan anymore!!! I mean seriously raw meat slices that literally melted on your tongue with white truffles-does it get any better than that???? It added $80 on top of our ridiculous bill, but yummmmmmmm I can still taste it :hungry:

JerseyDad

....being that the Lobster Benedict was mentioned ....I was completely disappointed this past time (August) with the dish. We ALWAYS (11 times in 10 years) booked the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare ...and the Lobster Benedict ...and the Bread Pudding were two dishes I looked forward to. But this past trip ...there was no evidence of lobster in the sauce ...at all ...not a trace, shred, molecule.

.....the ONE dish in memory that I LOVED at WDW was in La Hacienda ...in 2012. It was a grilled pork rib-eye ...topped with shredded red cabbage that had been dipped in tempura batter and quick fried crisp like a small nest and placed upon the meat ...and THEN ...was topped with a slightly spicy pineapple salsa. Here's the kicker ....it had NO NAME ...and was not on the menu. The waiter that night told us that there was a new dish the chef was trying out to "mix things up" on the menu offerings ...and would I like to try it. I did ....the pork could be cut with a fork ...the topping and salsa ...amazing!! After dinner I told the waiter to let the chef know it was great and I hopped it'd be on the menu the next time we visited. Well ...as life disappoints most of the time ....so it was with this dish. It didn't make it to the menu ...there is a similar dish on there now, which I ordered in August ...but it pales in comparison to the "original" I had in 2012.

...as far as 'consistently good' dish(es) .....I'd say the rotisserie chicken at Wolfgang Puck express in DtD ...is some of the best I've ever had .....and I am a big fan of all well prepared chicken dishes.

s&k'smom

Hmmmm I know this is silly but on our last trip two weeks ago, it's like 5:15am my friend Sam was still working at Gasparilla Grill and I went in for my first cup of coffee, he was so friendly, actually remembered me! so I get my cup, sit out at the boat dock and have my cup and it tasted so good, I don't know if it was the atmosphere but the lights were shining from the nearby hotels, water lapping, it was heavenly.

rob45

We had a dessert at the Liberty Tree one year that was the best I've ever had at WDW. A slice of pound cake topped with vanilla icecream with a warm caramel topping. This stuff melted in your mouth. The bread pudding at O' hanas is good too.

Sans Souci

A gastronomic explosion sounds like something that would require medical attention. :p

But, seriously, I loved the gnocchi with chanterelle mushrooms and black truffles at Victoria's & Albert's. I am going again in March and I hope it is still on the menu. :hungry: :inlove:

I know this isn't at WDW, but I also had gnocchi with gorgonzola in cream sauce at Palo on the Disney Dream. They were so light and ethereal. Best. Gnocchi. Ever.

jw24

I'll go with the lamb platter at Tangierine Cafe as the "gastronomic explosion" meal that I've ever had. I mean, there were so many flavors and textures in that platter dish. The sauce on the lamb was sweet and that really complimented the moist lamb. The tabouleh salad was definitely towards the salty side no doubt it. The hummus was creamy and smooth and it went so good with the warm, soft pita bread. So good, definitely one of the best CS meals I've ever had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom