Pre-Trip A first, a last, and a galaxy far, far, away... (Now with bonus London TR!)

🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝

So, this title might be a bit misleading. There are actually several firsts planned for this trip, and a semi-first. But "A first, another first, yet another first, a sorta first, and a last" doesn't roll off the tongue (or fingertips) so well.

For now, I'll leave you with the cast.

Me (Bee): 30
DW (M): 30
M's mom (MIL)
M's dad (FIL)
M's brother (BIL): 27
My brother (Jay): 24

And a countdown!
Our next trip  

EDIT: Now we're doing a Passholder preview and going down early for two nights, then flying home, then proceeding with our regular trip as planned. So, here's THAT countdown:
CRAZY PEOPLE DO A PASSHOLDER PREVIEW  

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Day 5: Les Halles, probably

tumblr_p0b9dpxLQ81un92rjo10_1280.jpg

Quiches florentines!

Ale and Compass (photos not mine!)
CDAC3CB8-ED32-41CF-B566-A5CF1ABBE653-1024x768.jpeg

Buffalo cauliflower

D19AF96E-3121-45CE-8E17-DBB49E9DEA05-1024x782.jpeg

Protein bowl

BaconBurger-01.png

Veggie burger

bee

Original Poster
Day 6 (and 7, probably)

Docking Bay 7 (Photos not mine, obviously)
Felucian-Garden-Spread-Docking-Bay-7-Food-and-Cargo-007.jpg

Felucian Garden Spread

Batuu-Bon-Docking-Bay-7-Food-and-Cargo-009-768x759.jpg

Batuu-Bon

FOOD AND WINE!!!!!!! (Some have no photos because they are new. Photos not mine)

Africa
Spicy Kenyan Vegan Githeri with White Beans, Pigeon Peas, Curry Rice Pilaf and Kachumbari Slaw (V)
Wine flight!!!

The Alps
2019-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-the-alps-Warm-Raclette-Swiss-Cheese.jpg

Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette (V)

Belgium
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Belgium-Belgian-Waffle-with-Berry-Compote-and-Whipped-Cream.jpg

2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Belgium-Belgian-Waffle-with-Warm-Chocolate-Ganache-and-Whipped-Cream.jpg

WAFFLES

Brazil
Cheese-Bread-Cross-Section.jpg

Pão de Queijo (V)

Frozen-Caipirinha-featuring-LeBlon-Cacha%C3%A7a-459x625.jpg

Caipirinha

Cheese Studio
Black Pepper Boursin® Soufflé with Fig Marmalade (V)

Earth Eats
2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-earth-eats-impossible-burger-slider.jpg

Impossible Slider (V)

India
Disclaimer: We weren't that impressed with India's offerings in 2017. But we'll give them another shot.

2017-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-India-Madras-Red-Curry.jpg

Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Uncle Ben’s® Basmati Rice (V)

Ireland
2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Ireland-Warm-Irish-Cheddar-Cheese-and-Stout-Dip-with-Irish-Brown-Bread.jpg

Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread (V)

Wine and Dine Studio
2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-The-Wine-and-Dine-Studio-Butternut-Squash-Ravioli.jpg

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds (V)

2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-The-Wine-and-Dine-Studio-artist-palette-of-wine-and-cheese-3-001.jpg

Trio of Artisan Cheese (V)

dizfan917

OMG... SO MUCH CHEESE will be eaten!! That Raclette Swiss looks SO good! Too bad there's some meat in that Nudelsomethingorother dish in Germany - it is so tasty, I'm thinking about it already!!

bee

Original Poster
OMG... SO MUCH CHEESE will be eaten!! That Raclette Swiss looks SO good! Too bad there's some meat in that Nudelsomethingorother dish in Germany - it is so tasty, I'm thinking about it already!!
SO! MUCH! CHEESE!

That's okay, Biergarten has Nudel gratin (same thing but without meat), and so does Sommerfest!

Raclette is very good - and I’m always happy to eat it in a restaurant or in someone else’s home 😉

Though I like fondue with potatoes even more 😀
I've never had Raclette, so I'm excited to try it! I could go for some fondue any time...

bee

Original Poster
This time next week we'll be on our way to or arriving at ASSp! We'll check in, leave our bags, take the bus to Epcot, activate our APs, buy our Tables in Wonderland card, and hang out at Epcot for awhile. Then we will make our way over to Hollywood Studios for STAR WARS TIME!!!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

And some more BIG TRIP news...BIL's friend might be joining us for the first day, so we might end up with seven people all on the same FPs! He has a ticket already so I've been texting back and forth with BIL to try to get everything in MDE so I can add him to our FPs. :)

EDIT: His friend is officially joining us and he's on our Day 1 FPs! Party of 7 here we come!! I think I'll call him F (for friend) because there are just toooo many people with the same initials in this report! :hilarious:

And in yet more BIG TRIP news, we're going to be doing yet another FIRST this trip. You'll have to read the full TR to find out what! ;)

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
It's the single digit dance day!!!

source.gif

Actual footage of me and M getting ready for this trip​

Today and tomorrow I have to get serious about packing! I'm trying not to have too much clothing overlap between the small trip and the big trip so I don't have to scramble toooo much next Friday to get all the laundry and packing done. Luckily I've had a pretty light summer schedule so I've been able to do a little bit of packing at a time.

Our last pre-trip Disney Visa statement came out today and we have $296 in Disney Dollars! Woohoo! Between that and the $1000 gift cards I bought from Target (at 5% off) we should have all or most of our food and souvenirs covered for both trips!

I've been going on my runs during the hotter parts of the day, hoping to prepare myself a bit for Disney weather. 🥵

In somewhat related news, last night I applied for and was approved for the Marriott Bonvoy Bold card, which earns Marriott points and will likely mean a free Swolphin stay in our future! 😍

DisneyGigi

source.gif

Today and tomorrow I have to get serious about packing! I'm trying not to have too much clothing overlap between the small trip and the big trip so I don't have to scramble toooo much next Friday to get all the laundry and packing done. Luckily I've had a pretty light summer schedule so I've been able to do a little bit of packing at a time.

Our last pre-trip Disney Visa statement came out today and we have $296 in Disney Dollars! Woohoo! Between that and the $1000 gift cards I bought from Target (at 5% off) we should have all or most of our food and souvenirs covered for both trips!

I've been going on my runs during the hotter parts of the day, hoping to prepare myself a bit for Disney weather. 🥵

In somewhat related news, last night I applied for and was approved for the Marriott Bonvoy Bold card, which earns Marriott points and will likely mean a free Swolphin stay in our future! 😍
I think I must kinda cheat on my countdown. I don’t count today as a day since it is under 24 hours. 😂
And I 100 percent hear ya on the heat. It is the only thing I dread. August is brutal down there!
Happy Single Digit Dance day! :)

Rista1313

source.gif

Nice!

I use a Southwest card... I usually get around 1-2 free round trip flights a year. I could put more on there... but I try to be ultra careful that I can pay it off immediately. We got out of debt about 3 years ago, and I NEVER want to go back in!

bee

Original Poster
I think I must kinda cheat on my countdown. I don’t count today as a day since it is under 24 hours. 😂
And I 100 percent hear ya on the heat. It is the only thing I dread. August is brutal down there!
Happy Single Digit Dance day! :)
Happy Single Digit Dance (or post-Single Digit Dance) day to you too! ;)

Nice!

I use a Southwest card... I usually get around 1-2 free round trip flights a year. I could put more on there... but I try to be ultra careful that I can pay it off immediately. We got out of debt about 3 years ago, and I NEVER want to go back in!
I have considered the Southwest Card several times, but the annual fee always prevents me from applying. This Marriott card doesn't have one, and while it earns slightly fewer points than the Marriott card that does have a fee, I think we'll still come out better by NOT having the annual fee.

I am totally with you about paying off credit card balances immediately! No points/rewards program is actually beneficial if you're paying interest every month. After we both finished grad school we ended up with a large amount of credit card debt, and ended up taking out a personal loan to pay it all off. We finally finished paying that off and we are very happy to be debt free (except for my student loans). We always pay all of our credit cards in full monthly, and we actually pay our main credit card that we use for everyday expenses twice a month so we aren't tempted to overspend!

Rista1313

I have considered the Southwest Card several times, but the annual fee always prevents me from applying. This Marriott card doesn't have one, and while it earns slightly fewer points than the Marriott card that does have a fee, I think we'll still come out better by NOT having the annual fee.

I am totally with you about paying off credit card balances immediately! No points/rewards program is actually beneficial if you're paying interest every month. After we both finished grad school we ended up with a large amount of credit card debt, and ended up taking out a personal loan to pay it all off. We finally finished paying that off and we are very happy to be debt free (except for my student loans). We always pay all of our credit cards in full monthly, and we actually pay our main credit card that we use for everyday expenses twice a month so we aren't tempted to overspend!

That's the way to go. I agree I don't like the annual fee... but the free flights always outweigh that for me. But I'm like you.. sometimes I pay it twice a month (each time I get paid) so that things stay flush!

Last edited:

Tiggertoo56

Are they painted or decals? Years ago the woman who did my nails would sometimes paint flowers on them; if I recall correctly, she used a toothpick to paint them.
Painted - it took her about 3 hours apparently. She has the done every few weeks and we get a surprise each time
Last time was flamingos and the time before was Mickey & Minnie! But I didn't get chance to take photo.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Painted - it took her about 3 hours apparently. She has the done every few weeks and we get a surprise each time
Last time was flamingos and the time before was Mickey & Minnie! But I didn't get chance to take photo.

Wow - that’s really amazing, I am always so impressed not only at the artistic side of this, but how incredibly steady the person’s hand has to be ! Thanks for sharing with us 😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom