Pre-Trip A first, a last, and a galaxy far, far, away... (Now with bonus London TR!)

🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝

So, this title might be a bit misleading. There are actually several firsts planned for this trip, and a semi-first. But "A first, another first, yet another first, a sorta first, and a last" doesn't roll off the tongue (or fingertips) so well.

For now, I'll leave you with the cast.

Me (Bee): 30
DW (M): 30
M's mom (MIL)
M's dad (FIL)
M's brother (BIL): 27
My brother (Jay): 24

And a countdown!
Our next trip  

EDIT: Now we're doing a Passholder preview and going down early for two nights, then flying home, then proceeding with our regular trip as planned. So, here's THAT countdown:
CRAZY PEOPLE DO A PASSHOLDER PREVIEW  

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Hold up - beer with breakfast? I have no objections (actually I think it's pretty brilliant - it looks like Apple Juice right?), but I don't even know if that's an option in the States! Is that customary in the UK?
I can confirm that is unfortunately not customary in the UK!
And there you have it! Although, the pub only served breakfast until noon, and we arrived before 11, and we seemed to be the only ones actually eating...

Katiekitten

And there you have it! Although, the pub only served breakfast until noon, and we arrived before 11, and we seemed to be the only ones actually eating...
If the pub belongs to the chain I am thinking it does then I am not completely surprised that you were the only ones eating in it!!

bee

Original Poster
If the pub belongs to the chain I am thinking it does then I am not completely surprised that you were the only ones eating in it!!
This one?

https://www.greatukpubs.co.uk/oldbellkilburn

Oh man, I guess it just depends on the spot!

I mean...sometimes beer is breakfast, right??
Awesome sunset 🌅!
Thanks! We had a good view of it every night since that window faced west, but it was especially vibrant that night!

bee

Original Poster
Day 7, cont.

Our first destination of the day was The British Museum.

tumblr_pscchhcslB1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscchirBPv1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscchip1ch1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscchjgIu71qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscchkP1GB1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscchlsUA71qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscchlSzFt1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscchmEfgL1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscckw5TKa1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscckxEpAi1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccky7hkv1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscckyVzUi1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

Took this because there is a famous opera character called "The Queen of the Night." You have probably heard this aria sung by her:

tumblr_pscckzJeyL1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscckzNMnK1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

We'll take your pounds, euros, dollars, or yen!

DisneyGigi

If I can have a Bloody Mary for breakfast at Disney at 10:30- a beer is definitely an okay choice. Breakfast of champions! I am already pondering a Bloody Mary on the flight down to chill me out. 😂

Side note here, but I was amazed at how many people were ordering yard size beers at the first showing of Avengers. It was at 9:15 am and a 3 hour movie!! I wouldn’t even have coffee for fear of having to go to the bathroom.

bee

Original Poster
If I can have a Bloody Mary for breakfast at Disney at 10:30- a beer is definitely an okay choice. Breakfast of champions! I am already pondering a Bloody Mary on the flight down to chill me out. 😂

Side note here, but I was amazed at how many people were ordering yard size beers at the first showing of Avengers. It was at 9:15 am and a 3 hour movie!! I wouldn’t even have coffee for fear of having to go to the bathroom.
Most of our local cinemas don't serve alcohol, but I would definitely NOT get a beer before Avengers!! I barely even drank water before that movie!!

No it doesn't :banghead:
Alas!

Ha! That's a very cool picture. :happy:
Thanks!

bee

Original Poster
DISNEY UPDATE!!!

We're under the two week mark for the GE preview trip and just over the two week mark for the BIG TRIP!!!

My brother has decided to stay offsite for both segments of the trip to save money, because he recently had to buy a new car to replace his very old car that was starting to need constant repairs. But, in better news, his PTO got officially approved for 8/29 and 8/30 (he was pretty sure it would be, but of course it's nice to know it's official)!

I was realizing the other day that I haven't actually seen my brother in person in almost two years because life has been so busy and crazy recently. We text every day and talk regularly, but there's nothing like being together in person!

Yesterday we were able to get reservations for Oga's for a couple of future trips, but we couldn't get any for the opening weekend. I'm not surprised and I'll keep checking but my hopes won't be completely dashed if we can't get in this time around.

Last edited:

NessNewt

So...unrelated to this upcoming trip, but Southwest has announced they will no longer fly to/from Newark starting in early November. This is suuuuper annoying as that’s our preferred airline and airport, and this affects our holiday travel. We changed everything to LGA which is farther and will take more time and/or money to get to. We were planning to fly to Jacksonville on Christmas Day to be with M’s parents but we weren’t able to change that one flight and keep it on the same day, so how we won’t get there until December 26. 😫 On the plus side, I got to change a few days so we will have MORE time in either Orlando or Jacksonville, And obviously SWA didn’t charge for the changes even though the new flights were more expensive than the original flights.

Like I said, this won’t affect our August trip(s) but this will definitely make us reconsider future travel and ever using Southwest again. I’ve been a huge Southwest fangirl for years, mostly because they have good flights between Newark and Orlando and no change fees. Now that they’re not flying to Newark anymore I am looking into JetBlue (which has more flights anyway) for future trips.

All that said I realize I am extremely lucky to be able to travel frequently enough that this is a “problem” for me.

Southwest and JetBlue are my favorites. In my experience they have so many lovely people working for them and great customer service. Both fly from our local airport to Orlando. We usually go SW because they tend to be cheaper especially if we need to check luggage, but JetBlue.... Oh I love JetBlue. The seats are so nice and roomy. Nice snack variety. Every seat has a little TV. Good stuff.

NessNewt

So...unrelated to this upcoming trip, but Southwest has announced they will no longer fly to/from Newark starting in early November. This is suuuuper annoying as that’s our preferred airline and airport, and this affects our holiday travel. We changed everything to LGA which is farther and will take more time and/or money to get to. We were planning to fly to Jacksonville on Christmas Day to be with M’s parents but we weren’t able to change that one flight and keep it on the same day, so how we won’t get there until December 26. 😫 On the plus side, I got to change a few days so we will have MORE time in either Orlando or Jacksonville, And obviously SWA didn’t charge for the changes even though the new flights were more expensive than the original flights.

Like I said, this won’t affect our August trip(s) but this will definitely make us reconsider future travel and ever using Southwest again. I’ve been a huge Southwest fangirl for years, mostly because they have good flights between Newark and Orlando and no change fees. Now that they’re not flying to Newark anymore I am looking into JetBlue (which has more flights anyway) for future trips.

All that said I realize I am extremely lucky to be able to travel frequently enough that this is a “problem” for me.

Southwest and JetBlue are my favorites. In my experience they have so many lovely people working for them and great customer service. Both fly from our local airport to Orlando. We usually go SW because they tend to be cheaper especially if we need to check luggage, but JetBlue.... Oh I love JetBlue. The seats are so nice and roomy. Nice snack variety. Every seat has a little TV. Good stuff.

bee

Original Poster
Time to get excited for food!!! (Please, like I haven't been excited since before we started planning.)

Day 1: Tokyo Dining
We ate here in September 2017 and enjoyed it. Here are some of the things we ate then:

tumblr_owmw4pDvdc1un92rjo6_1280.jpg

Edamame

tumblr_owmx82FVrV1un92rjo3_1280.jpg

Vegetable/tofu udon

tumblr_owmx82FVrV1un92rjo4_1280.jpg

Vegetable sushi

Day 2: Biergarten
Nudel gratin. Pretzel rolls. Beer. Okay, maybe we'll skip the beer since we have a dinner/drinks event that evening.

tumblr_nrjz09ohNJ1un92rjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrjz09ohNJ1un92rjo8_1280.jpg

Day 2, later: Celebration at the Top
Photos not mine since I've never done it before!

top958679438.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_3775_2048x2048.jpg

celebration-at-the-top-bartenders.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Day 4: Rose and Crown IllumiNations Dining Package
Photos not mine (obv)

illuminations-dinner-cheeseplate-2019.jpg

Cheese platter

illuminations-dinner-fishandchips-2019.jpg

Apparently there's a veg version of "fish" and chips!

rose-crown-pub-epcot-world-showcase-004.jpg

And there may be a veggie shepherd's pie as well!

illuminations-dinner-desssert-trio-2019.jpg

Desserts

And, of course, the REAL version we're eating there! ;)

illuminations-dinner-duchess-2019-450x600.jpg

images

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom