Pre-Trip A first, a last, and a galaxy far, far, away... (Now with bonus London TR!)

🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝

So, this title might be a bit misleading. There are actually several firsts planned for this trip, and a semi-first. But "A first, another first, yet another first, a sorta first, and a last" doesn't roll off the tongue (or fingertips) so well.

For now, I'll leave you with the cast.

Me (Bee): 30
DW (M): 30
M's mom (MIL)
M's dad (FIL)
M's brother (BIL): 27
My brother (Jay): 24

And a countdown!
Our next trip  

EDIT: Now we're doing a Passholder preview and going down early for two nights, then flying home, then proceeding with our regular trip as planned. So, here's THAT countdown:
CRAZY PEOPLE DO A PASSHOLDER PREVIEW  

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
"Riffraff"

"Street rat!"

"I don't buy that"
:hilarious: I was thinking it too 🎶 🎶

:hilarious:

The To 🐝 Or Not To 🐝bank is THE CUTEST!!
Riiiight??? Plus I've had a weird obsession with Hamlet since high school, so I knew what I had to buy!

why, yes. YES we are Sam's Club members!! and Costco...
Better act fast before they change it!!

bee

Original Poster
Day 4, cont.

After the show we enjoyed the views of the Thames.

tumblr_ps7ojoYqQI1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ojo1l2n1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ojp9KqX1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ojqTCkR1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ojq9SWi1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ojsVu411qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ojsBJCT1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

The bridge in the above photos is the Millennium Bridge, which is the one destroyed by Death Eaters in Harry Potter 6.

tumblr_ps7ommDQEl1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

We decided to walk over it!

tumblr_ps7omnvZ851qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7omnfWRh1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7omo2P8L1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

bee

Original Poster
Today I was finally able to upgrade our resort MBs to premium designs. For our Pop reservation we will each have Spaceship Earth, and for our Boardwalk reservation we will each have Rainbow Mickey! That is, if they actually send them to us! I've read waaaay too many stories of people paying and getting the confirmation email, only to later find out they are actually out of stock... :rolleyes:

But for now, fingers crossed that I will soon be in possession of:
Spaceship-Earth-MB.png

and

file_4962164f.jpeg

Did you see any Death Eaters?!?
No, but I checked!!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
That is, if they actually send them to us! I've read waaaay too many stories of people paying and getting the confirmation email, only to later find out they are actually out of stock... :rolleyes:

I ordered mine when they were first released. Took about 7 hours total to get through on the website, but I paid and now have in my possession a Belle MB! So think happy thoughts.

JosieBee

Looking forward to your trip report and seeing how you enjoy The Boardwalk. I am interested in staying there on a future trip because of its proximity to Epcot! Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic trip!

bee

Original Poster
I ordered mine when they were first released. Took about 7 hours total to get through on the website, but I paid and now have in my possession a Belle MB! So think happy thoughts.
Yay!
Got Woody the SSE MB the day they were released. No issues at all. Hope the same for you!
Woohoo!
I went on last night to order and the only “parks themed” band available was the white castle. ☹
Booo. I've been following a thread about them in News & Rumors and people have been updating when certain bands are available. Keep trying!

I got two emails that mine were shipped! Sooo...here's hoping! 🤞 🤞

Looking forward to your trip report and seeing how you enjoy The Boardwalk. I am interested in staying there on a future trip because of its proximity to Epcot! Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic trip!
We're so excited! We love staying at the Swan and Dolphin for the location and the Boardwalk is even closer to Epcot!! We love the whole area around Crescent Lake and hope maybe one day we can stay at Yacht and/or Beach Club too!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I tried the MB thing again this morning. Darth Vader or Flynn Ryder only. ☹️My younges who is going would love Darth Vader but I couldnt figure out how to get one but not the other three so I gave up. I will try again tomorrow.

bee

Original Poster
Very cool. :cool: The references to London Bridge reminds me of that song we sang as kids, about London bridges falling down. Remember that song? (Makes me wonder what the history was behind that!) ;)
Yes, I remember the song and had it stuck in my head through a good portion of the trip! :joyfull:

I tried the MB thing again this morning. Darth Vader or Flynn Ryder only. ☹My younges who is going would love Darth Vader but I couldnt figure out how to get one but not the other three so I gave up. I will try again tomorrow.
Boooo. Disney IT strikes again. :rolleyes:

Rista1313

Today I was finally able to upgrade our resort MBs to premium designs. For our Pop reservation we will each have Spaceship Earth, and for our Boardwalk reservation we will each have Rainbow Mickey! That is, if they actually send them to us! I've read waaaay too many stories of people paying and getting the confirmation email, only to later find out they are actually out of stock... :rolleyes:

But for now, fingers crossed that I will soon be in possession of:
Spaceship-Earth-MB.png

and

file_4962164f.jpeg

No, but I checked!!

I got one out of two I ordered, and they gave me a code to order the other one from shopdisney.com. Then, I got 2 of the same in the mail on the same day... so we have an extra sorcerer mickey that I'm trying to decide what to do with... sell at cost plus shipping, or give up and wear a matching one with my hubby.

bee

Original Poster
Vacation creep strikes again...

When we originally planned this trip (because the plans have changed so many times), we were assuming Food and Wine would begin Thursday, August 29 (which it is) and we also were planning to leave Sunday, September 1. We had no idea Galaxy's Edge would open so soon, so we were planning to spend lots of time in Epcot from Thursday until the end of the trip.

Then, we moved the entire trip back a day (Saturday to Saturday instead of Sunday to Sunday), and the GE opening date was announced. As I've been planning and thinking and overplanning and overthinking the last few weeks, it has occurred to me that we're going to have much less Food and Wine time than we had hoped originally. Not to mention, my brother isn't coming until late Wednesday night so we'd really only have two days with him and I haven't seen him since November 2017!

So yesterday, M and I talked about extending our trip by a day or two. The problem: that's Labor Day weekend so EVERYTHING is expensive. We couldn't extend our Boardwalk stay without greatly increasing the cost; we could get a single night at the Swan for a decent rate, but then we would have THREE hotel stays for an eight night trip.

In the end we decided to just push back our flight home; now we'll be leaving six hours later in the afternoon, so we'll be able to sleep in on our last day, enjoy a little more Boardwalk time, and-most importantly!-have more Food and Wine!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom