A few random 20k questions

KDM31091

Original Poster
Today I was thinking about 20K Leagues, and I thought of some random, pretty insignificant questions. But I figured you all wouldn't mind, lol. :ROFLOL:

1) So first of all I noticed in later 20k lagoon pics, sometime between 1999 and like 2004 when the lagoon left, the caves were draped with some kind of ivy looking stuff, where the waterfalls were. Why did that randomly happen? What was the purpose? Why not just turn off the water? Or better yet, why DID they turn it off anyway? At least it gave the lagoon a tiny shed of life..

2) Did the lagoon/queue area/cave area light up at night at all (post-closure)? I wouldn't think so, but then I was thinking that area would look like one vast black nothingness, so maybe they lit it up dimly?

3) This is more Ariel's Grotto then anything but now w/ the lagoon gone what does the Grotto overlook? Just the trees and stuff that took the lagoon's place? Or is the view gone completely? I'm assuming the cute waterfall is gone?

4) I read that when the ride closed, the subs just sat in the water for awhile...how long? Did they just disappear overnight one day, or did they go one by one or something? This is probably really specific and can't be answered since you would'a had to be in the park those exact days and remember it still, but I figured I'd try.

5) Another oddly specific question. When they installed the Triton fountain by the Grotto, when did this happen? Did they drain the lagoon and install it, or did it just pop up one day? I'm wondering if they swam over there and did it lol, or drained the lagoon overnight or something?

These are the things I think about at 3:13 AM, haha. Hope to see some answers to my freakishly random questions...:lol::lookaroun

About the subs...

I know that one of the subs is at disneys castaway key island. Its sunk so you can see it when you snorkel.

There also used to be one backstage at Epcot for some reason.

Where the rest of them are i have no clue

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Today I was thinking about 20K Leagues, and I thought of some random, pretty insignificant questions. But I figured you all wouldn't mind, lol. :ROFLOL:

1) So first of all I noticed in later 20k lagoon pics, sometime between 1999 and like 2004 when the lagoon left, the caves were draped with some kind of ivy looking stuff, where the waterfalls were. Why did that randomly happen? What was the purpose? Why not just turn off the water? Or better yet, why DID they turn it off anyway? At least it gave the lagoon a tiny shed of life..

2) Did the lagoon/queue area/cave area light up at night at all (post-closure)? I wouldn't think so, but then I was thinking that area would look like one vast black nothingness, so maybe they lit it up dimly?

3) This is more Ariel's Grotto then anything but now w/ the lagoon gone what does the Grotto overlook? Just the trees and stuff that took the lagoon's place? Or is the view gone completely? I'm assuming the cute waterfall is gone?

4) I read that when the ride closed, the subs just sat in the water for awhile...how long? Did they just disappear overnight one day, or did they go one by one or something? This is probably really specific and can't be answered since you would'a had to be in the park those exact days and remember it still, but I figured I'd try.

5) Another oddly specific question. When they installed the Triton fountain by the Grotto, when did this happen? Did they drain the lagoon and install it, or did it just pop up one day? I'm wondering if they swam over there and did it lol, or drained the lagoon overnight or something?

These are the things I think about at 3:13 AM, haha. Hope to see some answers to my freakishly random questions...:lol::lookaroun

Draining the lagoon took several days to do as did refilling it.

There's a great fan site at http://www.20kride.com/home.html
It will probably tell you more than you ever really wanted to know about 20K ! :wave:

WDW Monorail

About the subs...

I know that one of the subs is at disneys castaway key island. Its sunk so you can see it when you snorkel.

Taking a dirt nap in the Nort West corner of the property.

Captain Hank

About the subs...

There still is one at Epcot--it's stored behind Soarin' along with a Jungle Cruise boat. They're used for special events at World Showplace.

darthjohnny

About the subs...

Didn't they have another one in the preshow at the Backlot Tour (before the change to the Pearl Harbor scene)?

DBF John

Taking a dirt nap in the Nort West corner of the property.

O yeah

20k_Subs.jpg

20k_Subs_Buried.jpg
:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom