a few questions

dvcnut39

Original Poster
We are taking the 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise from 7-14MAY11. We have a few questions for the experts.

1.) We have sailed with Disney before, therefore we are Castaway Club members. What exactly is our boarding procedure. What are our boarding perks for being Club members? We will be staying at a Port Canaveral hotel on the 6th and will be transporting our luggage to the ship ourselves.

2.) Can you pay for your staff tips and on-board purchases with Disney gift certificates?

3.) I thought I read somewhere that because we are Club members, that we are invited to a predeparture party? Any idea if DCL still has this party?

4.) Last time we went to Castaway Cay, we were permitted to use our own mask and snorkle. Are we still permitted to do so?

As always, thanks for your help

Phonedave

We are taking the 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise from 7-14MAY11. We have a few questions for the experts.

1.) We have sailed with Disney before, therefore we are Castaway Club members. What exactly is our boarding procedure. What are our boarding perks for being Club members? We will be staying at a Port Canaveral hotel on the 6th and will be transporting our luggage to the ship ourselves.

You have to register as Castaway Club members and make sure your members numbers are attached to your reservation. As silver members (1-5 cruises) you will be able to make reservations for shore excursions etc. 90 days from your cruise date (as opposed to 75 for non-castaway members). There will be a special line for you at boarding as well.

2.) Can you pay for your staff tips and on-board purchases with Disney gift certificates?

I believe so. But don't quote me on that.

3.) I thought I read somewhere that because we are Club members, that we are invited to a predeparture party? Any idea if DCL still has this party?

No. There is an on-board party/reception with the ships officers. But it is only for Gold and above level (not Silvers)

You will get a welcome back gift in your stateroom. They are pretty nice. Maybe in the $20 - $30 range.

You will also be able to book bounceback cruises at a reduced rates while on board.

4.) Last time we went to Castaway Cay, we were permitted to use our own mask and snorkle. Are we still permitted to do so?

Yes you are.

The most important thing here is to REGISTER as a Castaway Club member, get your member number, and make sure it is on your reservation. If you are DVC make sure they know that too. Sometimes they give you stuff too.

dvcnut39

Original Poster
Thank you very much. It's been 8 yrs since we've cruised and I've forgotten alot. Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom