A few questions before my trip

CJR

My family will be landing in Florida this Sunday night and we will be there for eight days. :) In the midst of all the excitement, I have a few questions to ask, if anyone knows the answers.

We are all Epcot fans and were curious what stays open in Future World after 7:00pm (to park closing)? What about nights when there is an Extra Magic Hour?

Is the Seas with Nemo and Friends included in the Extra Magic Hour? It's not listed on the website, but typically Disney leaves new attractions open.

Is the Studios crowded on Star Wars Weekends and is it a bad time to go if we want good ride time?

Haunted Mansion is listed as closing on June 6th, does that mean if we want to ride it, we need to go to the Magic Kingdom on June 5th or will it still be operational on the 6th?

One last question (hopefully :) ), I heard that Kali River Rapids is closed. Do you think it'll be reopened by our trip? I'm not sure how long rides are typically closed when there are accidents.

I know I asked quite a bit, so if you've made it this far, I kindly and cheerfully say "Thank you!!" This is not my first trip to WDW, but it's my first trip in June. We normally go in March, but we had scheduling conflicts this year and had to bump it to June. I'm hoping it's just as magical in June as it is in March (although, hotter, I'm sure). Thanks again!

GymLeaderPhil

These Future World attractions close at or around 7pm: Universe of Energy, Innoventions, Club Cool, Epcot Character Spot, Circle of Life, and Living with the Land. Am I forgetting something?

The Seas is open (Turtle Talk and the clamshells) for EMH Evenings. Also open is Living with the Land and the Character Spot.

For Star Wars Weekends, MGM is a bit more lively, but since it's stretched out it shouldn't be too bad. Star Tours will be swamped, as are other activities scheduled. You probably won't be able to see Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carry. Such a loss too... :lookaroun

You will not be able to ride the Haunted Mansion on the 6th. So go early!

As far as Kali River Rapids, they apparently reopened the attraction today. They've simply removed the platform in question and will evacuate the ride through alternative means. It should be open for your trip.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

The last post was just about spot on. Most of the popular rides at Epcot will stay open past seven, even on non-EMH days. Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, Finding Nemo, Turtle Talk, and (I think) Journey into Imagination will usually stay open past 7pm. I'm pretty sure Finding Nemo is included in EMH now.

The Studios will be more crowded on Star Wars Weekends. If you are here long enough, I would go to MGM on non-Star Wars weekend days. With all the celebrity meets and fanboys running rampant, you'd probably fare much better at another park.

And it has been confirmed that Kali River Rapids was reopened Tuesday around 4:30. It will be up and running for your visit.

It will be busy in June, but not so bad the first week of June as it will be later in June. I always find that more people in the parks makes it more magical for me, but I live here and don't have to squeeze every ride into a certain time frame. Remember to stay calm, stay hydrated, and make magic!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
And just to confirm any of this, there are listings of what is and isn't open on any given night, EMH or otherwise, just ask for that to confirm.
Have a great time.

PS. Best way to be sure to catch the rides at MGM, Epcot or anywhere is to get to the park early. FP one, ride another, then FP again, then relax.
If you don't mind splitting up a little, single rider line at RnRC is great any time of the day!

Upvote 0

svickersart

I've never been to WDW during Star Wars weekends but a few years ago I was at California Adventure/Disneylnd during soap weekend. I found many people standing in line to see the celebs and lines for attractions very short. When we went to Soarin we had to ask if the ride was open since there was no line at all and this was around noon. I'm sure there are plenty of people that go just for the event, then some that get there and find out its going on so they get distracted by it. If you have hopper pass option I would give it a try and if it seems to crowded head for another park. And as said before, hit the parks early / EMH if its going on and fastpass/ride. I always plan my visits to the parks based on morning EMH (I havent been there since they started the evening EMH) you can do pretty much all the big rides in the morning then take your time the rest of the day.
Steve

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My family will be landing in Florida this Sunday night and we will be there for eight days. :) In the midst of all the excitement, I have a few questions to ask, if anyone knows the answers.

We are all Epcot fans and were curious what stays open in Future World after 7:00pm (to park closing)? What about nights when there is an Extra Magic Hour?

Is the Seas with Nemo and Friends included in the Extra Magic Hour? It's not listed on the website, but typically Disney leaves new attractions open.

Is the Studios crowded on Star Wars Weekends and is it a bad time to go if we want good ride time?

Haunted Mansion is listed as closing on June 6th, does that mean if we want to ride it, we need to go to the Magic Kingdom on June 5th or will it still be operational on the 6th?

One last question (hopefully :) ), I heard that Kali River Rapids is closed. Do you think it'll be reopened by our trip? I'm not sure how long rides are typically closed when there are accidents.

I know I asked quite a bit, so if you've made it this far, I kindly and cheerfully say "Thank you!!" This is not my first trip to WDW, but it's my first trip in June. We normally go in March, but we had scheduling conflicts this year and had to bump it to June. I'm hoping it's just as magical in June as it is in March (although, hotter, I'm sure). Thanks again!
FW at Epcot normally closes at 7:00pm & the WS at Epcot at 9:00pm
The following attractions are open during evening EMHs at Epcot:
Mission: Space
Test Track
Soarin'
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Living w/ the Land
The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends
American Adventure
Mexico (boat ride)
Norway (boat ride)
We went to MGM last summer during Star Wars Weekend...it was crowded, but summer time at WDW is crowded anyway.
The HM at the MK will be closing for a refurb on 6/6/07...if you want to ride it, you better go before that date...it is scheduled to be closed until 9/13/07.
I read that they reopened Kali River Rapids yesterday evening...I don't think it has closed.
Hope this helps!
Have a great trip!
:wave:

Upvote 0

CJR

Original Poster
I'll be in the Kingdom next week as well - only 5 days-I hope you all have a wonderful time!:)

You too!

Thanks for all your help, everyone!! I feel very well informed before going on my trip. I have one more question though. I'm thinking about taking my laptop with me on my vacation and was curious if the Wilderness Lodge has high speed internet access? Also, if it does, then is it very good? Thanks again!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom